It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you love?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I seldom do any rants, mostly cause they dont fill any purpose.. But this time..

When someone tells me;" I can teach my kids, the ideals, morals and dogma they need to learn in life. I can teach them personal responsibility and to be free! "

And i just ask two simple questions;" Did you teach them how to love? Do you think the are good humans? " And the answer is 99 out of a 100;
" I believe, i hope, i think " Then i ask;" Are you a good human? " And the reply is the same.. Most people never learned the simple message of being a good human but sure learned;" Whats in it for me?. "

The ideals of raising someone to be a good citizen in society isnt really that hard, if it all comes down to a whip and a cane.
But raising a human, takes something that is all to unnatural to all to many, show them love, give them a hug, encourage their choices even if they are wrong.. Cause you cant teach anyone mistakes, they must make them for themselves.

Plato pointed a set of four cardinals which has been adopted;

Temperance
    Fortiude
    Prudence
    Justice

Learning anyone these set of virtues and placing a imaginative story behind it, is all to easy. You replace a divine message with imagination that does not fill a purpose unless its the message of;" Freedom, Liberty and Justice for all " and dont get me wrong, i think its an important message..
But if you think you built a sovereign state let me give you a friendly word of advice;
" The sweet and blood of slaves built every society this world has ever seen, not you. "

The Abrahamic books, teaches but tells a divine message.. The unnatural ways of the Old testament, swapped into the New Testament and the choice of freedom, the original sin or the Ancestral sin ( The instincts mother earth gave us ) and the forgiveness that comes along. You are born as any other animal on this planet and the message that followed was love. The Christian message of love took a new form during the renaissance and it also gave the famous Divine Comedy and its seven virtues;

Pride
    Greed
    Lust
    Envy
    Gluttony
    Anger
    Sloth

I think anyone can raise a proper citizen, im sure most can teach their kids how to love, but im sure most of you arent able to love.. So this Sunday im going to Church with someone who i know never could love, but i know she finds the love of Jesus and God and hopefully when she goes home that Sunday shows everyone else a little bit of love..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Love and compassion may be gifts from the creator, but they are not given exclusively to those who are sworn to his service. Nor are all those who utter their loyalty to his service graced with these gifts, since a lie in the heart is still a lie.

Churches are no more full of love, compassion, loyalty, or any other virtue, than any other place on this Earth. I know that, because my experience of both the world outside, and the world inside the Church is extensive, and I have found that no matter which congregation one visits or is a part of, the same is true. I have, in fact, found more compassion outside the church, more love, respect, and shared honour and community, in places one does not associate with these things.

A persons ability to love is a matter of individuality, a matter of their character, not what indoctrination they have come across in their lives. I say this as a follower of Christ, there is more to be done, and greater things to be found, than those you will find inside a building, run by human hierarchies, which are, regardless of the stated intention of those inside them, corrupt by the very definition of what they are. They are human constructions, as prone to failure and decay as any other thing built by human hand.

A persons relationship with Christ requires no priest, no collective, is a matter between themselves and the various aspects of the trinity. Christ is not the church, and he does not live in one. He lives in every moment, and in every person who follows his word.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I cannot love very well, so I have a hard time teaching others how to do it. I have to be depersonalized to exist, that is a problem I overcame long ago. I learned to be like Spock to survive, if I let someone in and I get hurt, it messes me up for a long time. I would say that the COMT gene variants is what I would blame this on. I do not like getting real close to anything, If I do I take the death of it very hard. I got too close to a few animals.

It is a defense which results in depersonalization. I still very much appreciate the people but have to not let myself get too close. I have learned to harden myself so I can survive. I taught my kids how to do this, I am working on my granddaughter but she is too caring and she has problems because she gets too involved. I identified the problem in genetics because I know I am this way so looked for why I am this way. I do not break down neurotransmitters well.

So if I seem impersonal, this is why.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

When was the last time you experienced compassion and love? Outside of ATS

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Learning to love is a process of "fake it till you make it"

Honor on the other hand is ingrained in the spirit. A very rare occurrence to the human condition.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

When around my friends, in their homes, or out and about. When at home with family. We look after one another, and everyone else too. In every moment we spend together, and in many moments between myself and perfect strangers, there has been love and compassion, such that in many ways, I experience it every day.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Could it be because you believed love was something you were taught? Movies, games, stories? And when the illusion wasnt real, it clashed with reality?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

When? Im not trying to intrude, im just asking when was the last time you truly felt love and compassion.. When was the last time someone said to you;" I love you? "

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Whaat?

Honor on the other hand is ingrained in the spirit. A very rare occurrence to the human condition.

Could you elaborate?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Whaat?

Could you elaborate?

Honor is the quality of a few rare individuals to show real honest compassion without ulterior motives.

I wish I could claim to be an honorable man. My selfwill runs riot!!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I dont think that has actually anything to do with love, its an ideal..

All mammals in the animal kingdom, knows only two feelings, its a gift from mother nature; One is fear, the other is love..
Ideals are usually not based on love..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Could it be because you believed love was something you were taught? Movies, games, stories? And when the illusion wasnt real, it clashed with reality?

When you get too attached to things, you learn to not get attached because if something happens it is too hard on you. A defensive mechanism. You learn not to get personal.

When you leave your defenses down you learn not to let it happen again. I actually get too attached. It is all or nothing. It is better to keep it controlled. I am OCD about most things I do and have learned to evaluate everything well before getting involved. No spontanious decisions. Most people do not evaluate things well, they believe in fad diets, fad medicine, fad clothes, etc... I tend to evaluate everything I hear and analyze people a lot to try to evaluate what drives them.

I even analyze religion all the time, I do believe there is something steering life and am trying to evaluate what it is and how it originated. What fuels this being, and why chaos occurs when it is not pronounced in nature but is so common in the human race.

Depersonalization disorder and derealization disorder. The derealization is from not automatically believing what people say till I examine the evidence.

Now, with what I have said, how do you think I can just let myself go to the feeling of love. Respect, yes, friendship yes, love is just an emotion that leads to pain eventually.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Love is a natural feeling, so is fear.. Most of the times you can actually hear that simpe word; I am afraid..How often do you hear;" I love you ".. Most of the things we feel in life, is fear.. We been taught to fear not to love..

Thats just my opinion..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

A Gipsy once gave this speech;

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I am a Human Being, what's Love? something from the 12th century?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

When around my friends, in their homes, or out and about. When at home with family. We look after one another, and everyone else too. In every moment we spend together, and in many moments between myself and perfect strangers, there has been love and compassion, such that in many ways, I experience it every day.

WOW, i wish i lived in your world

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Freud did a whole thesis;

Oedipus complex

edit on 201671 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Love is a natural feeling, so is fear.. Most of the times you can actually hear that simpe word; I am afraid..How often do you hear;" I love you ".. Most of the things we feel in life, is fear.. We been taught to fear not to love..

Thats just my opinion..

I fear nothing......except doctors trying to push pills and shots

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Presently, the correct answer to that is two hours ago.

When you asked, four hours before that I suppose.

new topics

top topics

join