It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krishna's shield, protection from atomic blast.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

(9) She said: 'Protect me, protect me, o worshiped of the worshiped, Lord of the Universe; I see no one else fearless than You, in this world of death and duality. (10) O all powerful Lord, a fiery iron is coming towards me. Let it burn me, o protector, but save my embryo'."

(11) Sûta said: "Patiently hearing her words the Supreme Lord, who is the caretaker of the devotees, understood that this was the result of a brahmâstra-weapon of the son of Drona who wanted to end the existence of all Pândava descendants. (12) O Chief of the Muni's [S'aunaka], seeing the glaring brahmâstra heading towards them, the Pândavas each took up their own five weapons. (13) Seeing that they were in great danger with no other means available, the Almighty took up His own Sudars'ana disc for the protection of His devotees.(14) Being within the soul of all living beings, the Supreme Lord of Yoga by His personal energy covered the embryo of Uttarâ for the protection of the progeny of the Kuru-dynasty. (15) O S'aunaka, although the brahmâstra weapon went unhindered by counteractions, it was, being confronted with the strength of Vishnu, neutralized. (16) Do not think of all this as something wondrous, since, of all of the all-mysterious and infallible, it is the Lord who is considered to be the One who is transcendental by His own energy in creating, maintaining and destroying, although in fact He is unborn.

(17) Being saved from the radiation of the weapon, the chaste Kuntî along with her sons, addressed Lord Krishna who was about to leave

Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 1 Chapter 8 Verses 9-17 Source

Throughout Hindu scriptures it mentions such weapons, what on Earth do you think Krishna's "disc" ie shield was that allowed him to protect people from a nuclear blast? Simply amazing technology to neutralize a nuclear blast. It might have been some type of force field, any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow, lately lot of threads on the ancient Indian technology.

I think you would find it interesting to read "Gods were astronauts" by Erick Von Danikein, if you haven't read it already.

To answer your question, it could be anything from a really huge forcefield to a lie. Upto you to guess.

Surf

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
well let's just say Krishna was an incarnation of God, would he really need a mechanical type weapon?

What if the weapons used were not physical weapons but more of physcological type weapon, what if Krishna projected a forcefield from himself?

He was god right, so he was capable of doing anything.

But back to the disc, in picturized renditions of the Mahabarat, the disc is usually depicted as a small golden circle disc which revolves around Krishna's finger. (of course this is just a human interpretation of what the sudarana disc would look like)

Here's a good artpiece of Krishna in battle:
webcom.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
here's the pic I was looking for:

this is the Hindu trinity: Brahma, Vishnu(Krishna), and Shiva

www.bhaktisangeet.com...

notice the golden disc on one of Vishnu's hands

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There is some theories that Krishna was just a regular man that was deified, if so it wouldn't have been God like powers he was wielding but some sort of counter active device to neuterlize an atomic blast.

In the Hindu scriptures it describes Krishna as "appearing dazzling like a bright blackish cloud" and Krishna in Sanskrit means "Black" and early art depictions of him have him with black skin, not blue. Blue is a symoblic for "the capacity to fight evil" other theories on the blue skin are here

What ever the weapon was I seriously doubt it was a small braclet sized object.

Here is more on Krishna's weapon:

Lord Krsna, who specifically protects His devotees, saw that the whole population of Dvaraka was most perturbed by the presence of the great fiery demon. He immediately began to smile and assured them, "Don't worry. I shall give you all protection." The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is all-pervading. He is within everyone's heart, and He is without also in the form of the cosmic manifestation. He could understand that the fiery demon was a creation of Lord Siva, and in order to vanquish him He took His Sudarsana-cakra and ordered him to take the necessary steps. The Sudarsana-cakra appeared with the effulgence of millions of suns, his temperature being as powerful as the fire created at the end of the cosmic manifestation. By his own effulgence, the Sudarsana-cakra began to illuminate the entire universe, on the surface of the earth as well as in outer space. Then the Sudarsana-cakra began to freeze the fiery demon created by Lord Siva. In this way, the fiery demon was checked by the Sudarsana-cakra of Lord Krsna, and being defeated in his attempt to devastate the city of Dvaraka, he turned back.

and it also says this about it:

but because the King of Kasi and his son Sudaksina were against Lord Krsna, the Visnu-cakra Sudarsana (the disc weapon of Lord Krsna) devastated the whole city by burning all these important places. This excursion was more ravaging than modern bombing. The Sudarsana-cakra, having thus finished his duty, came back to his Lord Sri Krsna at Dvaraka.

Source

It describes his Disc weapon as being able to move on it's own to different cities and return to him (Krishna.) The mystery just keeps getting deeper.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
NO, Krishna was not a regular man, He was the 8th and last incarnation of Vishnu.

Did you look at that last picture? that little golden swirl is the same disc you describe as being able to leave Krishna go to other places and return to him, sort of like a boomerang. It was depicted in one artistic representation of the battle of the Mahabarat that the disc flew from his hand and beheaded several men at once and returned to him.

The picture I showed again is the most common human interpretation of the disc.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
btw, I forgot to add that the golden disc picturized is one of the attributes of Vishnu, the disc represents the sun and the mind.

leading me back to where I began that the weapon (the disc) was probably a mental weapon since Krishna was god

and btw what does the skin color of Krishna have to do with him either being a god or not? God can come in any color be it black or blue.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
In Krishna Book, Chapter 77: The Deliverance of Salva Swami Prabhupada translates Salva's vimana as an airplane and Krishna destroys it.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
worldwatcher what path of Hinduism do you follow? Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, etc?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
regarding "black" krishna

this might be of interest
www.mypurohith.com...

KRISHNA - `Black.’ This name occurs in the Rig-veda, but without any relation to the great deity of later times. The earliest mention of Krishna, the son of Devaki, is in the Chhandogya Upanishad, where he appears as a scholar. There was a Rishi of the name who was a son of Viswaka. There was also a great Asura so named, who with 10,000 followers committed fearful devastation, until he was defeated and skinned by Indra. In another Vedic hymn, 50,000 Krishnas are said to have been slain, and it is added in another that his pregnant wives were slain with him that he might leave no posterity. This is supposed to have reference to the Rakshasas or to the dark-coloured aborigines of India.

The modern deity Krishna is the most celebrated hero of Indian mythology, and the most popular of all the deities. He is said to be the eighth Avatara or incarnation of Vishnu, or rather a direct manifestation of Vishnu himself.

and in the same link:

With Arjuna he propitiated Agni in the Khandava forest, and obtained the fiery weapon the discus.

the fiery weapon (vishnu's attribute of the sun and mind power)

another thing:
Shiva originally gave the sudarsana to Vishnu

mailerindia.com...|siva_lilas
Siva gave Vishnu the Sudarsana Chakra or discus, being very much pleased with His devotion. It is this Sudarsana Chakra which Vishnu always bears. This discus is itself an embodiment of devotion.

btw prophet, I highly recommend you read the Mahabarat to get a better understanding of Krishna, then you will get a better understanding of his weapons and come to your own conclusion as to what type of weapon a god could have had. In the Mahabarat, Arjun questions Krishna's divinity and Krishna reveals himself to him Arjun in his true form, that part of the Mahabarat is the most significant part imo in understanding the warfare of the epic battle.
www.bvbpune.org...

[edit on 1-17-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
also fyi, almost all of my images of hindu dieties, male and female the sudarsana (discus) is depicted being held in one of their hands.

I can't help it, more description that makes me thinks that the sudarsana is a mental weapon more than a physical one
www.balaji.org...

The discuss is called 'Sudarsana' (Beauteous sight). It represents the Universal mind, the limit less power which invents and destroys all the spheres and forms of the universe, the nature of which is to revolve.

and:
www.indiangyan.com...
and

www.saranam.com...
There are many things, which are beyond the work of human domain. These were the areas where divine intervention was sought by the ancient seers. This is where the mantras play a vital role. The mantras were the tools, which were used by the sages to free the world from sufferings. mantaram trayate iti mantra mantras are mystic syllables that free the chanter from inflictions. In the Vaishnava agamas the Sudharsana mantra is a very prominent one.

The Sudharsana Chakra or the divine disc of Maha Vishnu is one of the Lords prominent weapons in annihilating evil forces. The Sudharsana yantra is also as important as the Sudharsana mantra.

[edit on 1-17-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
last one, then I'll give it a rest
www.theosociety.org...

Sudarsana (Sanskrit) Good-looking, beautiful; the chakra or circular weapon of Vishnu-Krishna, a flaming weapon called the disc of the sun. Occultly, it is that power possessed by the highest initiates and semi-divine men, avataras, buddhas, etc., which is an emanation or out-pouring from their spiritually intellectual or buddhi-manasic principle. Intellect in its smooth and magical operations is sudarsana (beautiful to consider), and of immense power even among men on our low plane. When used as a power or "weapon" by god-men or similar beings it is virtually irresistible.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh

worldwatcher what path of Hinduism do you follow? Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Jnana Yoga, etc?

None in particular, my sanatan dharma is a combination of all of the above including Hatha yoga. No path is better than the other, same as no religion is better than another. There are many paths to god, choose your own and follow, we're all going to end up in the same place whether you realize it or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

we're all going to end up in the same place whether you realize it or not.

I hope to get swept up in a flying saucer and taken to the alien creator's home world. I doubt my Atman will become one with Brahman that way but then again you never know. Maybe the alien creator's home world will act like the Pure Land.

top topics

join