It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insulting Trump's small hands is Politically inCorrect Bigotry

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'd consider every stupid ass policy he's ever made his way of 'Flipping Out'.

Everyone reacts differently, he just does it in such a way as to f'ck Americans everywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Especially in a country that doesnt use toilet paper...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Isn't it politically incorrect smallotry?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So I'm still trying to wrap my head around, how in the past couple few pages, the big argument is how if someone is a bigot then that makes it Politically Correct to be a bigot too.

Can somebody better clarify this for me?

Where's the Integrity, in any case?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's where you're looking at it wrong. It doesn't make anything PC just because you're doing it to someone who's doing it too.

But Trump is telling the world that PC is BS. So now nobody wants to hear PC speech anymore. They don't want people to be polite or make an effort to not offend anyone. Offending people is the new thing and everyone just loves the idea of Politically Incorrect speech now because they say it's just being honest and truthful. So that's what you're seeing now.

Trump has been the leader of this movement and has been using it against everyone so it's only fair that others use it on him in return. He's the one who called for it in the first place. So, if people want Politically Incorrect speech then that's what they're going to get. The fact that they don't like it when it's done to them is the really important part though. There's a lesson to be learned here once everyone figures it out and it's basically kicking them right in the face which is why it's sort of funny that so many still haven't learned what the lesson is yet. But until they do they can expect much more of it to come their way.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Um, huh!?

So your clarification did just admit that if somebody else is being a bigot then its okay to be a bigot too??

Under that premise of adherence, that means its always permitable to be a bigot in any situation where being anti-bigot actually has prudence.

It's like an entire philosophy bent on "Mechanized Hypocrisy".

edit on 2-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Did you ever consider that much of the support for Trump, especially considering his endless flaws, are majorly a result of a general political backlash against said insanely hypocritical PC jingoism?

Well this article today, the one I read on my phone, that got me making these 2 new threads today, demonstrate that exact effect:

“I recently became engaged to my Asian fiancée who is making roughly 3 times what I make, and I am completely supportive of her and proud she is doing so well,” he wrote. “We’ve both benefitted a lot from globalization. We are young, urban (in San Francisco), and have a happy future planned. We seem molded to be perfect young Hillary supporters,” he observed, “but we're not. In 2016, we're both going for Trump.”

We are young, urban, and have a happy future planned. We seem molded to be perfect young Hillary supporters. But we're not. Both of us voted Libertarian in 2012, and ideologically we remain so. But in 2016? We're both going for Trump.

For me personally, it's resistance against what San Francisco has been, and what I see the country becoming, in the form of ultra-PC culture. That’s where it's almost impossible to have polite or constructive political discussion. Disagreement gets you labeled fascist, racist, bigoted, etc. It can provoke a reaction so intense that you’re suddenly an unperson to an acquaintance or friend. There is no saying “Hey, I disagree with you,” it's just instant shunning. Say things online, and they'll try to find out who you are and potentially even get you fired for it. Being anti-PC is not about saying “I want you to agree with me on these issues.” It's about saying, “Hey, I want to have a discussion and not get shouted down because I don't agree with what is considered to be politically correct.”

In my first job, I mentioned that I enjoyed Hulk Hogan to a colleague who also liked the WWE. I was not aware at the time, but Hogan had recently made news for his use of some racial or homophobic slur. I was met with a horrified stare. By simply saying I liked his showmanship, I was lumped into saying I too was racist or homophobic.

I feel like I have to hide my beliefs.

I cannot say openly that I identify with Republicans, lest I see friendships and potential professional connections disappear with those words. When I see Hillary Clinton, I see the world becoming less and less tolerant of right-leaning views.When I see Facebook censoring conservative outlets and then see The Atlantic defending the practice, that worries me. When I see the fear that reddit users have about admins banning subreddits because of political beliefs, that worries me.

Normally, I would be very concerned with the throwing of the potentially false accusations of rape. I am in the camp of "comfort the accuser, but don't get ready to hang the alleged criminal until we've had due process." I am concerned with some of Trump’s reversals, but this is not one of them. Why? If false, Bill Clinton will not suffer any real consequences from this. There will be no risk of jail for Bill, which is what the biggest worry is for false accusations. If Trump knew that these allegations were true, I'm not going to defend his conduct. But I will accept it.

This is a war over how dialogue in America will be shaped. If Hillary wins, we're going to see a further tightening of PC culture. But if Trump wins? If Trump wins, we will have a president that overwhelmingly rejects PC rhetoric. Even better, we will show that more than half the country rejects this insane PC regime. If Trump wins, I will personally feel a major burden relieved, and I will feel much more comfortable stating my more right-wing views without fearing total ostracism and shame. Because of this, no matter what Trump says or does, I will keep supporting him. www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 2-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I don't think it's that people don't care about etiquette, but rather, that people just want to go back to the way it was before this PC BullS'ht began, because it really is way out of hand now, it's so obvious it's sad.

people know basic mannerism, they don't have to go full out PC in order to be heard, and that's what people are growing tired of.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So I'm still trying to wrap my head around, how in the past couple few pages, the big argument is how if someone is a bigot then that makes it Politically Correct to be a bigot too.

Can somebody better clarify this for me?

Where's the Integrity, in any case?

Yes the PC Crowd are Bigots too, they just don't want you to think so, so they Cry the Loudest until they get what they're screaming for. After that, they forget about it and move to the next 'poor me' topic of confusion.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What a great time to be alive, lets pray the # show never ends.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I do still find it hilarious that I see far more people whining about PC than I see people trying to enforce it. The other problem is that people seem to find it hard to distinguish between not being PC and being an asshole.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Oh?

Here goes a quick Google Videos search for "obamacare racist":

An I was only on page 4 when I stopped looking.

Page 4 of about 69,500 results (0.14 seconds)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Wow. That's like, PC on Cid! Nasty...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I see a bunch of media outlets trying to manipulate the public for the sake of special interests. They've also been trying to convince everyone that Hillary Clinton is a less-than-extremely-awful presidential candidate. Where are the crazy PC normal civilians? I'd assume there are some, after all it's not like America lacks nutters, but what makes "PC" so special and so awful? What makes it such an epidemic that I see people here on ATS constantly whine about it?

The problem is that it's a false narrative being pushed by the corporation-owned media (like gun control) for the sake of distracting everyone from actual problems, like the TPP. You shouldn't mock the disabled in a non-humorous fashion not because of PC, but because doing so makes you an ASSHOLE. PC is Bipartisan, not the thing that's typically painted as a left-based issue.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Nailed it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I'd consider every stupid ass policy he's ever made his way of 'Flipping Out'.

Everyone reacts differently, he just does it in such a way as to f'ck Americans everywhere.

So you think Obama knowingly drafts bad policies for the country as a way to punish the people for making fun of his big ears?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If tiny hands are some sort of 'disqualification' from the presidency.

And think it's ok to go around mocking a person for it.

The only thing that has been proven are people with tiny brains.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yes .. lol

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sorry OP...you are so wrong. You see, it is just fine to be a racist, bigot if you are supporting the left. You are only GUILTY of racism, bigotry, etc. if you are on the right...even if you didn't do or say anything racist or bigoted.

See...if I were to say "we should put a temporary ban on Muslims entering the USA until we can better weed out the terrorist elements"...I'm a racist. If the left calls some person a "white devil, evil, Christian baby, small penis, redneck idiot"...that is simply their opinion. I mean...Jeremiah Wright was just Obama's preacher and religious hero. Not a racist. The Black Panthers were just standing there with weapons at voting booths to assure everything remained peaceful. And those riots after the young black criminal that charged a cop...they were just venting some anger over the unfair shooting of that criminal. Hell...I didn't even mention the black prosecutor who is trying to railroad police officers (and failing miserably) for the "murder" of another black criminal.

White, male, Christian, working, responsible, Fathers....THOSE are the REAL problem.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You know, those same people who are "going to a psychiatrist just because they saw Trump's name in an ad", or because someone mentioned his name, are the same people who want to "ban phrases that go against their own opinions". They are the same people who try to insult others based on an opposite opinion, or attack some physical attribute their opponents have.

I do wish however that instead of Trump there were more Americans in favor of people like Ron Paul. But I'll take Trump over Hillary or Sanders any day. Trump is not perfect, but who is?
edit on 2-7-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join