It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insulting Trump's small hands is Politically inCorrect Bigotry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh I'm not saying "all of the sudden" for anyone. Left, right. Liberal, Conservative, etc, etc.

Bullying has been around since the first time a primative human pointed at another and started laughing, or indicating hateful things, about someone else, and getting others to join in.

It's been around a long, long, looooong time.

What I'm saying is: it's not right, and there is NEVER a reason for it to be right, nor is there ever a good excuse for it.

Are you saying that's okay to bully someone? Are you saying it's okay to make fun of others simply because of how they look? How they talk? What they believe in?

You're really okay with that?

NO ONE should be allowed to do it. It demeans all of us.

Yet too many times people on the Left will wrap themselves up in a cloak of "We're Better Than Everyone Else" proclaiming that this should never be done to others (a fact they are right about), but then go on to do it themselves (actions and things they say that makes them hypocrites of the very thing they say no one should do).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If "the right" were the ones bullying Planet Earth with this anti-shaming PC anti-discrimination maniac agenda, and then went and did it to Hillary, then I'd have the same thread today except it would be Hillary in the pictures.

Oh, come now...we are not in the third grade

Little Donny Boohoo can say whatever he wants about whoever he wants whenever he wants - and you're seriously going to go after people making fun of his teensy tiny widdle hands?

:-)

This is an election year, and if he or his fan boys can't handle a little ribbing then what's left to say?

The right rode this anti PC BS as far as they could...

Their pigeons are all coming home and moving back into their basements

edit on 7/1/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Now that is funny He sure has dished it out at times so..meh.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

#TinyHandedLivesMatter

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If you can show me where he claimed himself having some moral high ground superiority complex based on him being against Anything Shaming, and then we all know the rest, then this would really make this thread extra interesting... I cant wait to see it...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
Erik - I'm having a very hard time taking you seriously

Meaning no disrespect, but...

If Señor Trump can loudly proclaim that Mexicans are rapists, the gloves have already come off

Calling this bullying? No, it's mockery pure and simple

If his teensy weeny hands were actually teensy weensy? You'd have us dead to rights

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Whether his hands are small or not is practically irrelevant at this point, considering all of the real life small handed peoples whom feelings have surely been hurt by now.

You've caught yourselves in a Catch 22.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It's all moral grandstanding, virtue signalling, and a basic public relations stunt for the left. Their principles, if you can call them that, never apply to themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's all moral grandstanding, virtue signalling, and a basic public relations stunt for the left. Their principles, if you can call them that, never apply to themselves.

But when you're standing on a self-created moral high ground, the view of your own rear is so much better!

Moral high ground is just a tool used to deflect, silence speech that some find offensive.

In my opinion.
edit on 1-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: introvert

This thread.

That's the best you can do?

C'mon. I thought we were adults here.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It was mean to put attention to his small hands, however, its true... Trump does have small hands.

This is a lot different than saying "Liberals have a mental disorder" and "Mexicans are rapists"

These are generalizing groups of people with very untrue opinions. Yes there may be some Liberals with mental disorders and some Mexicans who rape, but generalizing is BAD.

At least Trump DOES have small hands. This is just a fact.

Comparable to all of the insults flying around politically, this is the smallest one. It is just pointing out a true fact that Trump has tiny hands

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I have stubby little fingers. So it's nice to have an ambassador of trumps stature to represent our maligned community. I feel less alone every time I see trump, but hand size has no connection with genital size, I don't think

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

So, Body Shaming is acceptable PC practice then?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I never said it was acceptable to make fun of someone, I actually said earlier I would be embarrassed if one of my liberal friends wore that hat, I think its immature.

But compared to the degrading the mis-informed right side throws around, this is nothing.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You've caught yourselves in a Catch 22.

No - no catch 22. This is going to go how it's going to go

We are not saints - none of us pretends to be. Unless you want to claim that for yourself?

Donny is going to have to suck it up - the next few months are going to be a lot tougher than this

It will be interesting to see how much more play is left in this anti-Political Correctness protective cocoon the right has made for itself

We've been commanded to believe that they are made of sterner stuff...so far, this thread (among others) is proving just the opposite

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

See, you're proving my point.

Someone did/said something bad......therefore we should act the same......

Really????

Because someone said something bad, doesn't make it right for everyone to do that.

Instead: point out why what they said was bad......do not return with your own bad things to say.

That's what we (us Mods) ask the members on here to do:

Someone makes a post that insults you, alert it, don't respond to it.

Do not stoop to their level.

That's how I think everyone in the world should be. Anything else is petty and a poor excuse.

Pointing fingers never works. Educating people does.

There is something seriously wrong if people can not debate what was said, without making their own insults.

Anyone on here that spends their time making fun of how Trump looks, how Hillary looks, or how Bernie looks: I'm not going to take you seriously and take everything you say after with a grain of salt.

Why should I take any who are going to act that childish seriously? If their debating points are nothing more than insults and making fun of people, to me, they've lost the debate. If that is all they have, then they have nothing, and have proven nothing......other than they now how to be a bully and say mean things.

I have not use or time for any like that. They are not problem solvers. They themselves are part of the problem.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

STUMPED (twilight zone style)

Can you please tell me what "Politically inCorrect Bigotry" is?

Is there a such thing as Politically CORRECT Bigotry?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Someone makes a post that insults you, alert it, don't respond to it.

Erik - this is ATS

We're talking about Donald Trump

It's funny that I haven't seen you show up in the hundreds of other threads that have taken on a less than polite tone when it comes to discussing the news of the day

Maybe I've missed it. I'm being serious

Your post is noble. But, I don't get it

I think for obvious reasons

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Because I don't have the time to post, because I'm too busy having to wear my mod hat instead due to the many, many, many, MANY political and election threads on here?

Because I can't mod a thread I post in? Or post in a thread I'm having to mod?

Because 9 times out of 10 when us mods do post, the fact we are staff gets thrown in our face?

Because my free time, when I can post on here gets eaten up because Joe ATS Member Called Jane ATS Member a "$%^&" and I have to deal with it? Because we (staff) are having to discuss things behind the curtain, like say, a member is having issue and we're trying to figure out how to help them?

Because someone screamed "HOAX!" about something, and now I (along with other staff members) are having to now go do research to find out if this claim is true or not?

Because I do have a life outside of ATS too?

Plenty of reasons....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Fair enough. But - you are here now

For some reason - you're trying to shame me into taking a higher road...

Well, good for you :-)

However, the title of this thread is:
Insulting Trump's small hands is Politically inCorrect Bigotry

Sorry - but my hands are tied

:-)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join