It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken or the Egg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not all politicians are lawyers, and not all lawyers are politicians...but there's a whole lot of politicians who are lawyers.

There's all sorts of jokes out there about politicians (regardless of party affiliation), and there's equally as many jokes out there about lawyers. And there are any number of complete douchebags in both categories (not all, but many).

So I wonder...did lawyers give politicians a bad rap, or was it the politicians who gave lawyers a bad rap???

Hmmmmmm....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't know, but whenever I give an egg a bad rap, I get the white all over my counter.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Same thing happens with politicians and lawyers!

DOH!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dont know , but if you get rid of both of them you are on the way to a perfect world

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Funny you should mention this...

The other day I was at a garage sale and I saw this really old lamp. On a lark, I rubbed the lamp.

Low and behold, a genie materialized. In a booming voice the genie said "I'VE BEEN COMMANDED TO GRANT YOU THREE WISHES! WHAT IS YOUR FIRST WISH?"

I said..."I wish there would be no more politicians or lawyers".

There was a pause for a few moments. Then there was a lot of buzzing, snapping and popping. The genie started to come into and go out of focus, like snow on your TV. The cracking, arcing sounds and snapping just grew louder.

The genie said "I...I CAN...IT'S NOT...I HAVE...AHHH....AHHHHH...YOU HAVE......." and then (POOF), the genie imploded and disappeared.

I said..."HEY!!...what about my 2nd and 3rd wish????"

(crickets) The genie was gone.

When I got home there was a subpoena in my mailbox!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I like eggs

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Not all become politicians, there isn't as much money in politics. Inflated egos like the limelight of the political stage. Some like a different kind of power, money. They tend to remain in the background.

I think those that reach the top have done their time in the trenches on both sides of the bench. They began their career getting criminals off as defense lawyers, later switching to prosecution where they sent innocent people to jail.

Since the more successful they were the more bodies are left behind them, this lends to a narcissistic type than can then move on to bigger things, i.e. corporate lawsuits and politics.

Utmost importance, they learned how to lie.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Lawyers were instigational in designing the political system. They designed it to give opportunity to their kind. Some legal training is needed to get to the top. Lawmakers usually consult lawyers to pass anything, so lawyers actually control our government.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Via personal experience I've found most lawyers to be total d*cks. And we all know what politicians are capable of.

I think they earned their piss poor reputations legitimately and separately, but when a lawyer becomes a politician it's like a 'Wonder Twins Unite' level of douchebaggery.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If someone went to a nest and saw an egg...my guess is that something ate the chicken (preumeably there was one to begin with) before you got there...so the egg obviously came first

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Imagine you are walking down the street and come across a turd laying on the sidewalk, baking in the summer sun. Its gross, slimey, smells bad....so you walk around it and keep going.. A few minutes go by, and you come upon another turd laying on the sidewalk. For all relevant purposes, it looks just like the prior turd, even when you squint real hard.

Did the first turd influence your impression of the second turd?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Imagine you are walking down the street and come across a turd laying on the sidewalk, baking in the summer sun. Its gross, slimey, smells bad....so you walk around it and keep going.. A few minutes go by, and you come upon another turd laying on the sidewalk. For all relevant purposes, it looks just like the prior turd, even when you squint real hard.

Did the first turd influence your impression of the second turd?

You need a new hobby bro. Turd watching?

You're supposed to stop and smell the roses
edit on 1-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join