It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite exercise?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What's your favorite exercise and why?

I perform a lot of different exercise-physical activities including dance, MMA, heavy lifting, sculpting, body-blast, insanity. My favorite is traditional boxing because it teaches me focus and gives me all over body strength, endurance and agility. Also because it's great for women's self defense

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl
I did BMX biking(ramps, dirt, flatland, street, almost everything), breakdance and everything that guys do without thinking about the consequences... xD

After i broke my knee and stuff, i just exercise at home, push ups, dips, weight training, every day. After my next and hope last medical operation for my knee i am able to run again, now it´s only walking. But all the docs told me that it´s kind of a wonder that i can walk almost the same like before my crash(sure, with a bicycle... xD), just walking with a little limb. It´s just ones will, i guess.

One has to stay fit, even if you can´t do the sports anymore that you did for decades... xD

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When I feel the need to exercise......I lay down till it pass's.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
hmmm... In my homegym.

1 Hindu pushup's ... every day. favorite
2 pull up's
3 bench
4 Deadlift
5 Overheadlift
6 Squat
7 Kettlebels

That said I dont exercise every day.

edit on 712016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Disciplined and repeated Guiness curls have repeatedly provided the desired result.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Walking with my dogs. I live in a rural part of the UK and can (and do) walk to keep fit and to think. At the moment I am doing c. 30 miles a week. Regularly do 12 mile walks. Going to try the SW Coastal path over the next couple of years.

Walking is slow paced, gets you close to nature and does you good.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Full contact, multiple opponent, no holds barred weapons sparing with aircraft aluminum weapons, full cover padding and no time limits.

weapon fighting comp
edit on 07Fri, 01 Jul 2016 09:15:27 -0500920167America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sexercise!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am a metal worker. If anybody goes to the gym after work they aren't working. My last job the majority of work was 197 feet up. Scaffold stairs. So many stairs you got tired going down lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Sorry to hear about your knee! But at least you're still active!
My biggest fear is injury! I mean you can modify a lot of sports and physical activities but you really can't modify dance too well LOL!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Awesome!

I've been following Strong Lifts 5x5 and it's a really good program! Just the basic barbells - squats, overhead, deadlift, bench and row. I love it!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

Very cool! Something I could sink my teeth into.

This is what I love about Krav / Israeli hand to hand. It's tough stuff but so effective!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Nice! I also walk and run with my dog.

They say it's the best form of exercise... walk slowly for a long time then have a burst of energy/speed for a minute or two. It's also why I like to do sprint intervals - walk at about 3.5 to 4.0 mph for one minute and then run at 8.5 to 9.0 for one minute and so on... keeps the heart and lungs strong!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

And fits nicely into your daily macro's

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Hindu pushups are really hard on the shoulders! But good stuff.
I love doing Muay Thai sit ups! people think I'm a little crazy but it's great for a rock solid core!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Legs of steel!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

me too strong lifts really work I became quite muscular in a very short time , I bought a cage to do it. But Now I like push ups and pull ups more... goal is it to do a single muscle up
Succes with your training !

edit on 712016 by frenchfries because: vid not working

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I did boxing when I was young and I really liked it. Until I split open a friends face, and that was it- never put on the gloves again.

For many years I've enjoyed jogging in the forest with my dog. I continue to do it daily because my dog will sulk if we don't.

At this moment I am into yoga, and it is so awesome! This weekend the whole family (my hubby, kids and their partners) are going to do a session together, to introduce them to it. I am totally hooked.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Muay Thai situp... ha did that too .. but not really my favorite I get lower backpain.
But for the core it's good , tough but great results.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I have to say that I'm pretty partial to my Krav Maga, as half of the class in intense physical training (bodyweight) and the other is working on techniques and defenses--best of both worlds. Plus, the system itself is meant to be very high intensity, so even just working on technique or curriculum breaks a good sweat (if you're doing it like you should...many do not).

But that said, I think if I could choose only one thing to do for the rest of my life for physical fitness, it'd be hiking/trail running, because even though the emphasis is on legs and endurance, I'm always stopping to climb things, balance across stuff, etc. I definitely hit the total body when doing that, plus it's out in nature.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join