It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton emails stored by company 'wide open to hackers' and run by 'morons'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton's emails packed with America's secrets were stored by company 'wide open to hackers' and run by 'morons' whistleblowers reveal

OK, It's from the Daily Mail Online, but it's quite revealing.

The investigation reveals how firm which stored her backed up emails was dogged by security lapses.

Datto Inc, of Norwalk, CT, was paid to 'mirror' the server by 'mom-and-pop' IT firm Platte River Networks, which was given contract to look after server.

So this Platte River outfit was contracted by the Clinton foundation?

Link to article

They seem to have interviewed an employee from the "second firm" and it turns out that the company itself was hacked in 2010.

Computers were left unattended and logged on on, with direct access to the clients email servers, staff and customer report massive failings.

I wonder if this will fizzle out, or snowball for Clinton.

From my perspective, I do not understand how she can run for presidency with this investigation in progress.

But hey ho, that's just logic.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Watchfull

That isn't a huge issue. I know several people who leave their computers logged in, and left on in their homes. If a robber knows what he is doing he could quickly and easily download a program to monitor keyboard strokes. But you have to remember that most uneducated criminals can't even operate some of the most basic functions on a cash register.

The likeliness of someone hacking into the web mail server depends on a few factors. Whether or not the user on the computer is browsing sites other than what the company allows. Whether or not said employee can even be trusted with private information, and whether or not the web server itself is prone to attacks or not.

I really don't see someone breaking into an email server. Especially private ones. Even with access to your email account the hackers probably won't be able to hack into everything unless they know what sites you use. Of course you could try entering in the email as login info to various sites to trigger a password reset, but when it comes to banks they have backup password requests you must answer. Which makes it a more complicated process. Then you have people's cell phones linked to their email. So they'd receive alerts of account activity.

Honestly the security isn't damning evidence against her until the string of conflicting emails shows up.

But I think the email server has records of IP addresses that have communicated with their email server. They could synch up the IP addresses with information from the CIA to identify who she has had contact with.

I am not sure if the tor browser can hide email transmissions.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

using any personal details, while using tor, can be used to identify you.
one can use email services that will prevent a trace back to you.
if you have a habit to surf certain sites and around the same times, etc, than after a short while you can be identified.
and by using tor and different privacy services, you attract extra attention to youreselve.
no problem when you don't do illigal stuff.
silk road owner was stupid, for (I think) one time, and logged into something that he also used when normal browsing.

at least that's what I understood from some tech sites that I read.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

This is exactly how someone compromises/hacks a network.

Find one computer with unfettered access and voila'.. You have access to an entire network.

Your whole statement is lacking of technical and historical precedence.

B

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Watchfull

Sobering but not all that surprising.

The evil C's are as clueless, crass and schlocky as they are evil.

I'm amazed they know where to put cigars . . . or other things.

top topics

join