It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are All the Same, Even Though We Are Different

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I was sitting here tonight, under the stars, next to the dock, the boat moving to and fro. Looking overhead I saw the fireworks, and how their reflection lite up the water.

I sighed, and my wife sighed at the same time, we looked each other in the eyes and both finsihed our bottles of beer.

It was a good night.

And I reflect now, as the boat bobs up and down, and I see people lying around me sleep. I reflect on the sameness of us all. When I sighed I heard my friend sigh too, and his friend, and I knew we are just all the same.

We are all of different races.

And I think back on things, I reflect on our emotions, on our thoughts, on our reactions to things. And it is all about the same.

And I just wanted to share this. I won't say more, for no more is need to be said. If you get it you get it. We are all the same. I am the same as you, and you are the same as me.

We all want, in the end the same thing. If you have deviated there is a reason for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes

I agree. I always think about this.
Everyone thinks they're so different and unique in this world but the truth is that we are all the same. Same feelings, same emotions, same thoughts good and bad, same wants, same needs. The biggest problem that I can see is that we just don't communicate this to each other. Easier to feel isolated I guess. Sometimes I laugh because I see people trying so hard to be so different they end up being the same as everyone else, yet they think they are being different. It's strange.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I was visiting a friend at a liquor store a few blocks from the house. It was night, and I was lonely. I walked over and sat on the bar he sells at. He knows me. He waits for me on Sunday nights where are real slow. And I, knowing everyone is asleep go and talk with him. He's about 20 years younger than I am.

He felt happy to see me. And we start talking, and he starts complaining about the dark-skinned people coming up from the south. Here in Mexico there's a lot more racism among each other than I believe even in the United States.

Anyway, I just sit there and talk awhile. For some reason he looks up to me. I say that is stupid. He wants to make more money. I say that won't buy you happiness. I'm content where I am. I don't make a lot. But I have my family, and God has never left me without. Ever. Not one night in my life.

I see craziness everywhere. I look at him, he asks me for advice, about what to do in life. I look down at him and sigh. He sighs, and I know we are the same. I said, "you sigh just like I do. I do just like you do. We are the same you and me. But I have something you don't have. And that is faith. If you were my kid I would have given it to you long ago. Even still...I don't have a lot to give (what I do have to give I give, to my friends, and neighbors, and even strangers, even him materially)...but there is one thing I can give you and that is my faith. And I know it is something most people don't have."

And he curses a while and looks at me and wonders.

I tell him, it's not about the color of your skin. We all breath. We all love. We all have a sense of justice.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
On faith...
There are people in my life who are so lost in the world. Trying so terribly hard to find things that will make them happy. By things I mean material items. I say, it doesn't work that way. You have to find it within yourself. My faith is strong, always has been. People ask me where I got it... like as if I found it in the dollar store or something. I can't explain it, I have always had faith for as long as I can remember. I know there's a higher power guiding me through this life and I know it will never let me down. My sister asks me why I am always happy and positive, I say it's because I have something bigger than myself to believe in, to look forward too, to lean on in good times and to celebrate with in bad times. People want so bad to find their path and their purpose in life, but it's not a mysterious puzzle, it's simple. We're all put here to help and support and love and guide each other. Sometimes it hurts me because people around me don't feel what I feel and don't see what I see, and I so wish they could. This world and this life is amazing and so beautiful and it was given to me for free. There are those who just use it up, always looking for the next fix, never happy, never feeling at one with anything. That's so sad to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Sometimes they just need someone to show them the way. I understand everything you said though. And I agree with you. And like you said in your first post a lot of it has to do with communication. There isn't enough of it.

I was thinking about it awhile ago. I looked at the Bible. I've read it a few times through. Never had a problem with it. And then I think, there are so many people who look at it and think it's too big. They can't understand it.

And if you think about it, they're cutting themselves short. If God made the book that big, that means he thinks we're big enough to read it. Every one of us. He made us, and our minds. He should know. Maybe, perhaps, most people are just too busy with other things, they don't take time out for the more important things in life. And it passes them all on by.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yes, I believe you're right. People either just don't have the time to read it or feel as if they can't understand it, or just simply don't believe and wouldn't even give it a chance. Years ago it occurred to me that my purpose here in life is to be that strong and faithful purpose for those who are lost. I am so happy with that and so content with that. If you have faith, everything else just falls into place. Bad things happen and we are equipped mentally, physically and spiritually to handle anything that comes our way. It breaks my heart that people can't seem to find that.

I take public transportation to and from the office into the city four days per week. The whole ride in and the whole ride out each day there are dozens of people on every train car, each one in their own little world with their smart-phones in their faces. Don't get me wrong, I love my phone too, I love forums and Facebook and all the fun stuff, but I make it a point to put my device away when I'm in public and throughout the day to actually look people in the face and talk to them with my voice! It's not that there is lack of communication, it's that there is a totally different form of communication these days and it's not a good thing. I had a BBQ last week and my teenage niece along with four of her friends all sat at the table on the pool deck, not saying a word to each other the entire time. All four of them sat their looking at their phones the whole time, seriously not one word was spoken to each other!

Back to the Bible, you are right, they are cutting themselves short, and that breaks my heart.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes

No, we are not all the same, I want a boat too and don't have one, and a woman and other friends that sigh automatically when I sigh. Which indicates in some cosmic way that we are intune, right? (Actually, I don't want a boat, they are like a swimming pool, a money pit, and I don't have any money to throw that direction.) I do like to sit out in the dark and think about things. I just did that from 3:30 until daylight just this morning, but I wouldn't grandize my situation for others.

I know, I'll get trashed for this post because of looking too deeply the wrong way into it, but one thing I don't do is to drink and then write to ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

LOL. I know you will sigh eventually. Here, have a cold one on me. Most of the ice is melted, but it's still good.

Perhaps it's when you need to visit the head, after a long day, and you haven't been able to release yourself? Perhaps it's when you eat a good food you've been longing for. Perhaps it just when someone treats you nice and you appreciate it. Even still, to tell me you don't have good moments in your life...even sitting outside looking upward, or just contemplating life, and feeling the cool breeze of a summer wind on your face, hearing the crickets chirp. Stealing yourself away from the restless din of an uneasy world. Perhaps a cool shower, or a nice brisk bath in a lake, or even a neighborhood swimming pool. Going to a movie with friends and staying up too long.

It could be petting your dog who is laying by your side. Or perhaps getting off of work finally. Whatever it is it will happen. And you will have to admit you are like the rest of us.

And like the OP said, if you aren't, something happened to make you different. And I didn't go into detail, didn't need to, but that something is very very bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AliensunYou are right,people are not the same,I am not the same as someone who thinks it`s ok to kill someone not of the same religion,rapes children,depends on government handouts,or thinks everyone wants the same lifestyle.I`m sorry,but thinking we are all the same is naïve,wishful thinking.Accept reality and you will be better prepared to deal with the real world.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lawl.

haha.

top topics

join