It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr or Mrs Flat Earth Believer......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Personally i believe all "flat earth" threads and ideas belong in the trash bin... but tonight i was wondering out in my backyard... and i happen to see a satellite fly over head...

i've seen hundreds of them... every time hopeing it suddenly changes direction...

they never do... sigh

Anyways...

Where would that satellite be headed in the flat earth model?

Do they bounce of a wall of sorts?

Or just somehow go around in circles?

Maybe... just maybe... they go around said flat earth and make a brief appearance in Hell, only to bring the curses of said fiery abode back to earth and rain them down upon us... maybe in a chemtrail of sorts... *shrug*

AND!!

Thats why everyone is going CRAZY these days!!

ye think?

edit on 1-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Trash bin you say?

What about threads which are duplicates of duplicates which are duplicates of duplicates..

Where should they go?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

IF they happen to be "flat earth" based...

They belong in the same place...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Oh for crying out loud, isn't it obvious ??

They fly straight across the flat earth, then when they get to the edge they zip straight down, then zip straight across on the underside, then zip straight up... and back across again !

Geez... you millenials, I tells ya.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Geez...

I completely forgot about the Pac-man theory!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

a mother question for the geocentrics // eath is fixed stripe of flat earther - geostationary satalites - how do they work ?

sits back and waits for silence [ relaxing ] or special pleading [ i need a laugh ]

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Flat earth is Psyop... Let's talk about psyop that's ATS not trashing poor disilusional Flatearthers. Some people have very poor education and without education they are susceptible for outlandish theories.

My Conclusions about flatearth is that it's a spyop from

sclgroup.cc...

Flat earth is resource depletion on ATS / CT / Alternative media a stimulus to change the community in to selfcensorship. Take it serious 'not the FE' but the reason why there are so much flat earthers.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I thought ATSers were smarter than this. The flat earth thing
is a troll, listen to what else 'flat earthers' are saying, it's
incredibly politically incorrect or what's considered inappropriate
in our societies. People throw the flat earth thing in to get away with
it so people call them crazy. You guys weren't getting this?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

a mother question for the geocentrics // eath is fixed stripe of flat earther - geostationary satalites - how do they work ?
]

Velcro.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I can't speak for the SCLGroup, but I can speak from my own years of experience moderating ATS...

To me personally "flat Earth" is an utterly ridiculous notion. One that, if given my druthers, I would never have to read a word about again.

Then again that same standard also applies to many other subjects that are discussed on ATS as well.

But that's the thing of it... My druthers don't matter. This is a discussion board and my obligation and duty here is not to cherry pick which subjects are worthy of discussion - only that discussions remain civil and that some fairly basic rules of conduct are being observed. The fact that I may find something absurd has absolutely no bearing on what I do.

Contrary to the endless background drone... We do not gatekeep. In fact if we did, I not only would not be a moderator here, I wouldn't be here at all. There are only a couple of subjects that the site owners deem taboo - and despite some of the theories offered to explain the why of it - the truth is much more simple. The owners do not want to end up on the wrong side of a litigious situation. A position that I, for one, fully appreciate and understand. I wouldn't want anyone coming into my place of business and behaving in a way that could result in my being sued or prosecuted.

Oh, and that's not even addressing the elephant in the room...

You see it as a conspiracy that we don't trash FE threads - now imagine the dozens of members who would see it as proof of a conspiracy is we did so. Ours is a strange sub-culture where NOTHING happens that isn't seen, by some, as nefarious proof of a hidden hand in play.

Even this post will likely be "proof" to somebody or other of something conspiratorial.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Here's the thing that people aren't understanding about flat earth....

The thing about it is simply that although it makes some sense not all of it has been properly figured out. Like it has some holes. But that doesn't mean it's not real.

We know for a fact that:

1) the moon landings
2) nasa as a whole
3) the ISS
4) space x

is all faked. So that says something right there. That means the earth could be flat, "potentially". or maybe it's round but the dome is a ball shape. It's hard to say but so far there's no hard evidence of space.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DelegateZero88 people under bridges in another realm, known as trolls are people too. Their bit is not flat but on a slope... so ease up.. tlm.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance what is twinkling in the night sky then, a fabrication of light beings watching our every move?
Nobody has walking around this place in spherical motion... so it is hard to tell anymore.
I read here about bridges over the sea coming to here in future... then we will know if its flat or not. And there couldn't be an outer space if we have never been there!?!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

but are they stuck to teh inside or the outside of the " firmimament " ?

^ a sarcastic question for the benefit of peoples who take this flat earth idiocy far too seriously

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks for your reaction Ok I can understand your position. But i think you misunderstood me (not english native). And Im to blame sorry I should have written :

Let's talk about psyop that's ATS ! Not trashing poor disilusional ...

No no ,I'm not accusing ATS of being psyop on Flatearth.
I'm just stating that fellow ATS'ers like it to trash them (easy prey I guess).

And this is setting the tone. For me the Flatearth meme is a Psyop.
Also Flatearth is an idea that is eating 'bandwidth' and it's my opinion that it should have it's own nice (or is this already the case) before ATS becomes permanently accociated with Flatearth.

However the reason that there is a Flatearth meme should be investigated(the reason not the meme).

Call me paranoid (well I'm a cT'er) but I think that the whole conspiracy community should be very vigilant (more than in the past) these days to prevent manipulation by 3rd parties.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: F4guy

but are they stuck to teh inside or the outside of the " firmimament " ?

^ a sarcastic question for the benefit of peoples who take this flat earth idiocy far too seriously

Are you saying that the flat earth world is an idiocracy?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's a fact that some of these satellites are not in space orbit and are launched into the jet stream using helium filled balloons. It's called the Corona program and the government has been using this technology since the Cold War era. They are able to recover these satellites midair around 20-30 thousand feet using C-130s and sky-hook technology. Keep in mind modern balloons can easily reach heights above 100k feet so you wouldn't see these from a commercial aircraft.

Here is a video of a Antarctica satellite balloon launch: www.youtube.com...

Here is a official interview with a man who participated in the Corona project: www.nro.gov...

Also the NASA airplane based infrared telescope aka SOPHIA can supposedly see much further than the Hubble.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-7-2016 by UnderwearBandit because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2016 by UnderwearBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I see the title for a 'Flat Earth" thread, feel pity for them, and move on.

top topics

join