It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Soon: A Global Electronic Currency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Regarding the sale of drugs --

Originally posted by krt1967
Snip...
It really would'nt do a thing as far as the drug dealing, criminals are concerned. They will just transfer funds between accounts. Say its a loan or something close to it, and still be getting away with murder.

On a big scale, you are correct. All you would have to do is simply transfer funds between accounts. But what about on a smaller scale??? How do you transfer funds for the sale of a piece of rock coc aine??? Or for a dime baggie??? The smaller transactions would present a problem if all hard-currencies were abolished and replaced with an electronic banking system.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Its just a matter of time. A couple of weeks ago I read that there was a major adjustment to the UPC bar code system in the US and Canada to add another digit (to make it 14). This was to streamline with Europe which already had 14 digit barcodes. Why would it matter if this weren't part of a bigger plan?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well I would Not say that the U.S. Currency is Backed by NOTHING. The Government sells U.S. Treasury Bonds after all. The “Fed Reserve” (Read Mafia Banking Cartel) Sets Interest Rates on Currency. Then there is the matter of Accounting & the G.D.P. I like to look at it all as a FREE MARKET. Everything is a Business. The Free Market is Governed by this - the Law of Supply & Demand! For Example If you are hungry & wish to buy "Food" to "Consume" then you better produce "Money" for the Entity Selling the Food - They set the Price - you decide if it a good Value & a Transaction is Done! This is how EVERYthing is done in the Market. Were do you get the Money? Simple - you WORK for it - i.e. you EARN it! U.S. Currency - i.e. "Cash Money" is simply a Product like any other Product! This concludes Business 101!

P.S. I doubt that the U.S. will ever go Totally bust - there is def GOLD being held onto! Interestingly enough I have heard & seen the term
"Petro-Dollars" come up quite a lot - Maybe OIL is the NEW Gold & Silver?
On the down side - the U.S. Dollar is currently Weak - the Exchange Rate right now is 1 Euro = $0.75 Dollars i.e. 75 Cents for every Euro! There has to be many Factors contributing to this - most probably the currently HUGE Trade Deficit. Usually $1 Dollar = 1 Euro!

Sometimes I worry about the state of Education in America - I think that this is a BIGGER Threat to the U.S. Economy than anything else!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Since I started using a debit card six years ago, I almost never carry cash. I keep some quarters around for laundry and from ten to twenty dollars in jar for my next door neighbor who always wants to borrow money. I like almost never needing cash.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
Its just a matter of time. A couple of weeks ago I read that there was a major adjustment to the UPC bar code system in the US and Canada to add another digit (to make it 14). This was to streamline with Europe which already had 14 digit barcodes. Why would it matter if this weren't part of a bigger plan?

Facinating. < deep in thought >

Do you have a link???

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Since I started using a debit card six years ago, I almost never carry cash. I keep some quarters around for laundry and from ten to twenty dollars in jar for my next door neighbor who always wants to borrow money. I like almost never needing cash.

Exactly!!! Cash is, for the most part, only used as pocket-change. In the old days, people were much more reliant on "cash" for transactions.

Here is an interesting analolgy: In the year 1920, a 20 dollar goldpiece would buy you the finest mens suit in town. Today, that same 20 dollar gold piece is worth around $350 (????) and it will still buy you the finest mens suit in town.
But a 20 dollar federal reserve note will only but you popcorn and movie tickets for two.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
All this reminds me of when computer were first introduced and we were told we would have paperless offices....

And we use more paper in our printers than we ever did in our ledgers.

When the Euro was first floated it had no actual currency, and the public in Europe avoided it like the plague. It's all very well to have a card to spend money but how do you recieve money.

How can you have a garage sale or collect money from members of your household for bills, what if you pay for a freind at the movies how does he give you back the ten bucks he borrowed, how does granny give her favourite sibling a tip, how will you tip a doorman, how does a country guy sell a box of apples on the roadside. Imagine running a nickel and dime store without cash?

And do you really want to select your account and enter your pin when you buy a hotdog, or a beer, or a can of coke. pay 2 bucks for parking, imagine going to a nightclub or pub or festival or concert and every single person wants to use their card to pay. Imagine a world were you couln't even buya Hershey bar without using your card.

I beleive theirs a level in hell that is designed just like this...

The privacy implications are monsterous, the logistics nightmarish, and the overall functionality limited and impractical...

The idea of a paperless currency is about as appealing as a paperless toilet...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by me again
Do you have a link???

Made a booboo...its 13 digits, not 14

www.findarticles.com...

www.azcentral.com...

[edit on 19/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Awful idea. Bound to happen though. Global currency, global government, global army?... hmmmm

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Quote: "When the Euro was first Floated."

That is a GREAT Term "Floated"! That is how it works in the U.S. TOO!
U.S. Currency = "Federal Reserve Notes" is "FREE FLOATING"!

Oh by the way - in case you haven't noticed - the U.S. Armed Forces does CURRENTLY Act like a "Global Police Force"!

Ok for the people out there trying to SCARE everyone with tails of a
"New World Order" - lets break this term down & see were the Diabolical Nature of it Lays - "New" pretty harmless word - we get New things all the time - some people even actively pay attention to the "News". "World" - OK we live in a "World". "Order" - sounds like another word for "Society" & "Civilization" to me! Are you afraid of a "World Order" as in a
"World Government" - well I am sorry to break it to you but this already exists. So "New World Order" - this occurs EVERY DAY!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Read up on New World Order stuff - it's not quite a literal translation of the words "new world order". If that was the case the phrase "Global dictatorship" would mean for me "global" the big wide world we live in. "Dictator" - Someone whom reads out some text while i learn and listen from them. "Ship" - nice big thing where you go on the sea and have adventures". Global Dictatorship , cant be a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoia
Awful idea. Bound to happen though. Global currency, global government, global army?... hmmmm

IMO, the only way to control the world is the control the purse strings. Whoever controls the money controls the armies and the governments.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Oh by the way - in case you haven't noticed - the U.S. Armed Forces does CURRENTLY Act like a "Global Police Force"!

Yes, that is true. The United States has become the World's policeman.
The United States is the new Rome of the 21st Century.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Quote: "Yes, that is true. The United States has become the World's policeman. The United States is the new Rome of the 21st Century."

Congratulations - I see that you "Get It" too!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
No thanks. Theres nothing that feels better in my hand than a crisp ben franklin.

The privacy issues are monsteruous as well. Its like, everything you buy will have a record with your name on it. No more discreet buys.

Ill take hard cash and less convience than the nightmare of total monetary tracking. NWO all the way.

Besides, electronic money makes people more prone to buy buy buy. When you have real money in your pocket, youre mopre likely to hold onto it as long as you can. Electronic money, however...its intangible...and youre more likely to spend it.

No thanks. Ill do things the hard way

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Quote: "The privacy issues are monsteruous as well. Its like, everything you buy will have a record with your name on it. No more discreet buys."

Well just learn how to Hack! The Corps can make things more Secure on their side - but YOU too are responsible for making sure things are secure on your side as well! Continue to use a mix of BOTH - thats what I do!
I have to admit - Cash does come in handy!

Quote: "Ill take hard cash and less convience than the nightmare of total monetary tracking. NWO all the way."

NON-SENSE!!! I Hope you realize that ALL Major Banks currently use Modern Computer Systems in their Operations! What do you think happens when you "Deposit Money" into a Bank? They simply Credit your Account & then lend that SAME MONEY out to others!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join