It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Songs by Mediocre Artists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
a reply to: 4003fireglo
Aha... had sarcasm detector turned off...lol
Nice axe, used 4001's exclusively years ago (that Geddy thang twang), but my live playing style was thrashing (depreciating) the poor old gals when they should have been getting respect in middle age.
Switched (strangely) to a riverhead unicorn (for weight /throwability/light weight) for live 4 string.
Last 15 or so years been early Ibanez SR1206 neckthru 6 strings. (studio/jam only now so weight not much of a concern)
What kind of rig u running?

Those Unicorns are a trip.

MAN. I have neglected Ibanez for some stupid reason until a trip to GC a week ago. They had a Terra Firma 6 string there. It also has a neck through, and its wood is so slick it feels like your thumb just floats across the neck. So, i plan to buy one. So much bass for the price. Unreal.

I have a Lab Series L4 and through a Hartke 4x10 i use for the occasional progrock gig. When I'm just screwing around with the 4003, i combine it with a TC Electronic 250 watt combo with a 15, which sounds great. I'm looking for a real rig, though. Maybe a Fender Bassman or an Orange OB1, i don't know yet. My dream rig would be that custom Hiwatt with the yyyyuuuuuge cabinet with the 15 and the 4 10s. I'll need a crane, though.

But grrrrr just saw a demo vid for EHXs new Mellotron guitar pedal. So, now i need a guitar setup, too.

Whatchyoo runnin?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Whoa... that TerraFirma is a beaut hunka wood, could imagine the tone and sustain.... drool..drool... dunno if my back could handle it tho.... heavy? ..... looking forward to a review when u get it...
Is that the Hartke with the alloy cones?... they always had a nice twang to them... used one for a year or so back in the 90's (with a TE S6Gp12pre and Jands 600)
Nowadays no definite rig... just how i feel on the day...lol... including... Rocktron Blue thunder pre, SWR900 , Trace Elliot Hexxa (Tube), Marshall DBS cabs (2) 2x12,2x10,1x15, Labsystems 2x10, 1x15.... but 'normally' thru SWR MiniMo pre, SWR Interstellar overdrive, (3) Marshall 7400's, and mesa engineering cabs 4x10, 2x10,1x15....
Just dont get a chance to rev it all up very often.... just jamming for therapy now, and mostly thru headphones...

Cant recommend the Marshall 7400 amps enough... they have a secondary powersupply that kicks in when needed... rated at about 400w but a (real) peak of around 2000w.... perfect for that 6 string bottom end.
There's a pic in a previous post from a while back...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CovertAgenda
Whoa... that TerraFirma is a beaut hunka wood, could imagine the tone and sustain.... drool..drool... dunno if my back could handle it tho.... heavy? ..... looking forward to a review when u get it...
Is that the Hartke with the alloy cones?... they always had a nice twang to them... used one for a year or so back in the 90's (with a TE S6Gp12pre and Jands 600)
Nowadays no definite rig... just how i feel on the day...lol... including... Rocktron Blue thunder pre, SWR900 , Trace Elliot Hexxa (Tube), Marshall DBS cabs (2) 2x12,2x10,1x15, Labsystems 2x10, 1x15.... but 'normally' thru SWR MiniMo pre, SWR Interstellar overdrive, (3) Marshall 7400's, and mesa engineering cabs 4x10, 2x10,1x15....
Just dont get a chance to rev it all up very often.... just jamming for therapy now, and mostly thru headphones...

Cant recommend the Marshall 7400 amps enough... they have a secondary powersupply that kicks in when needed... rated at about 400w but a (real) peak of around 2000w.... perfect for that 6 string bottom end.
There's a pic in a previous post from a while back...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know it's been a while. I kind of slipped away from bass for a bit in pursuit of synths.

I ended up getting a Fender P/J bass. It's that MIM Sea Foam Pearl Precision bass with a jazz pickup, jazz neck and FLATWOUNDS. I've never had a bass with flats on it. Now I can't imagine living life without them.

Along the way, I checked out some kind of ESP six string. It was very heavy. The Ibanez is a true lightweight in comparison.

Now I can continue to make mediocre music.

Playing music is the best dadgum therapy I've ever found.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nice catch.... cool colour almost looks luminous (from web pix anyways)
Mediocre or not mate, its all good if you are having fun..... gotta please yourself first before pleasing others.
Sane music in an insane world? or insane music in a sane music? lol
Dont forget to send a link when you get something online
All the best mate!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join