It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Intervenes With Baseball Bat to Stop Violent Beating of Toddler

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Holy cow man, I really cannot believe what I just read. The events that unfolded were just horrible, but thankfully a real man steps up to do whats right.

VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV)
Witnesses said Kyle Holder, 32, was beating and kicking his 2-year-old daughter in the parking lot of the motel.

According to witnesses, Holder picked up his daughter from the bed in their motel room and proceeded to throw her out the window onto the cement walkway.

Court documents state that Holder then picked up the toddler again and threw her on the ground several times and started stomping on her head.

That's when Gilbert stepped in.

“I hit him once in the back. He had the baby by his feet,” Gilbert said. “He took her to the curb and just slammed her down, and that’s when I cracked him in the skull three or four times.”

Deputies said the man was out of control when they arrived and they were forced to use a Taser on him.

Based on some of the things this peaceful Christian was saying, I am damn near certain he was on drugs.

“I did not want to kill her, but I had to. I had to hold my daughter and crush her head so she could go up to the sky,” Holder said, according to documents.

“He was just babbling about God’s coming for everyone and he’s got to get the evil out of his daughter,” Gilbert said.

I don't know if I would have been able to stop myself from caving in this mans skull until there was only ground beef left. The good Samaritan was showing some serious restraint if you ask me.

edit on 6/30/2016 by AmericanRealist because: video

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Nope. If I saw someone hurting another human like that he would be finished off. How sad. Is the daughter ok?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm not gonna apologize for what the s-head of a dad was doing to his kid. He's lucky the other guy didn't cave his head in with the bat ... and it wouldn't have bothered me a bit if that was the outcome.

Kids today don't seem to get it when it comes to parenting. They're either not parents ... or they're monsters. Fortunately?? it's mostly the former.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This happened a few miles down the road from me and as a kid I lived right near there. What a sad situation the guy must have been either insane or drugged up.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And what happens to this hero that saved this little girl...the cops tasered him...Wow...but the cops did say the man who saved the kid, then got tasered would likely not be prosecuted, gee how nice of them !
edit on 30-6-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wish that guy was a gun owner instead of a bat owner.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Great point! Me too!👍🏽

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

The toddler is in critical condition at a local hospital. Holder is in jail facing first degree attempted murder charges.
Everyone please make collective prayers to help this child survive.

a reply to: stabstab
Do you have any other information about this area?? The mans rantings to me sound like he was clearly on drugs (meth?) at the time. Does the area have a history of drug problems??

I will try to find some clarification in another source. As it is written, it does seem like they tasered Gilbert to keep him from killing the father. If that was the case though the would hae had too, or he would also be facing some kind of manslaughter as well. As it sits, they wont likely charge him, even if he did go to town on the sicko.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Had somebody come along and shot the dad, it could have gone very differently.

You shoot someone in America, it's going to set you back $10K minimum in the courts.

But ... I hear ya!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yes, I will pray for this little angel, I was just shocked that the man that saved her was tasered, but perhaps he might have killed the psycho Dad...IDK....very sad....

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

The toddler is in critical condition at a local hospital. Holder is in jail facing first degree attempted murder charges.
Everyone please make collective prayers to help this child survive.

Do you have any other information about this area?? The mans rantings to me sound like he was clearly on drugs (meth?) at the time. Does the area have a history of drug problems??

I will try to find some clarification in another source. As it is written, it does seem like they tasered Gilbert to keep him from killing the father. If that was the case though the would hae had too, or he would also be facing some kind of manslaughter as well. As it sits, they wont likely charge him, even if he did go to town on the sicko.

So sad and unfortunate hopefully she removers and is far removed from the monster. Props to the good Samaritan.
Vancouver like any area in the Pacific NW has meth issues.

Sending positive vibes.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I heard about this earlier today. If that man drinks he should never have to buy another drink for the rest of his life.

Bravo

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: In4ormant

Had somebody come along and shot the dad, it could have gone very differently.

You shoot someone in America, it's going to set you back $10K minimum in the courts.

But ... I hear ya!!
yes, but... imagine the gofundme for his defense fund.
edit on 06Thu, 30 Jun 2016 21:47:40 -0500920166America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Responding deputies described Holder as being out of control and used a Taser on him to take him into custody, the sheriff’s office said.

Ok so it was the father which they had tasered, not Gilbert. Thats a relief.

a reply to: dreamingawake
oh he is in for good after this. They say he has an extensive criminal record, which I am currently trying to find. Usually when a criminals record is extensive, drugs are involved.

I see why I could not find it, he just moved from Georgia, I will search there now. As I expected, drugs may have played a role according to his friend.

Smith, who lives in the Atlanta area, said that Holder suffers from alcoholism and drug addiction, as well as paranoia and schizophrenia. He added that Holder had been clean for a long time and had just gotten a job at Wal-Mart.

“He’s not a monster. …He’s got a disease,” Smith said. “I know it’s easy to rush to judge … but what happened last night is an episode. This is something nobody ever saw coming.”

Smith said he’s known Holder for 20 years and is the person who Holder would call when he wanted to drink or take a pill. He said that Holder would never hurt his daughter if he had known what he was doing.

“He loved his daughter immensely. He played with her every day, sang to her, played guitar for her,” Smith said. “He’s had some kind of psychotic break.”

edit on 6/30/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
That poor innocent child! I will pray for her and hope that the Father never gets the chance to harm that precious child again! If he was a paranoid schizophrenic, he should have been on prescription meds, not other drugs and drinking on top of it! Now, because of his behavior his daughter may lose her very life.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Damn drugs and booze! I hope the baby girl will be okay.

Poor kid, can't win for losing. Good thing someone was there to try and stop this maniac.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What the hell was the mother doing during this?? No mention of her trying to protect this baby nor any mention of her at all!!?!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Who cares if drugs were or were not involved, religion definitely was I'd say. Me,if I had have seen that,would have done a little more damage,just a tiny bit more...no really he would be eating soup for the rest of my sentence, then he would stop wasting oxygen. Really hope the poor little bub pulls through ok

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Yes the local junkies are into the same things as everywhere else especially meth.
This guy's mental issues must have been damned severe but it's unknown if he used meth or something else just yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

What a sad situation the guy must have been either insane or drugged up.

or simply...religious.

I did not want to kill her, but I had to. I had to hold my daughter and crush her head so she could go up to the sky,” Holder said, according to documents. “He was just babbling about God’s coming for everyone and he’s got to get the evil out of his daughter,” Gilbert said.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join