It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Shapiro gets Sally Kohn to refute her own "systemic racism" argument.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ben is seriously brilliant. They're arguing about arrest rates and gun crime rates of black and Latinos. Kohn claims they're over represented because of white people and their darn racism. Ben refutes it with several statistics, then this happened:

"Again, since 1994, the 75 largest cities in America when they analyzed whether there's overrepresentation in crimes that were reported—not just crimes that were charged, crimes that were reported—versus the prison population, they found that blacks and Hispanics were statistically underrepresented," said Shapiro. "The biggest problem for blacks and Hispanics in inner cities is that there aren't enough police officers to actually take care of them and police the crime to make their cities safe for investment and education."

Shapiro's answer was met with enthusiastic applause from the audience.

When Shapiro turned the conversation to gender, Kohn's social justice reflexes betrayed her. Shapiro noted that women now earne more undergraduate and graduate degrees than men; meanwhile, he said, there are more men in prison than women. Was that because "the jailing system is sexist against men?" he asked.

"More men commit crimes," answered Kohn, an admission that brought a strong reaction from the crowd. Though she was able to admit for a moment that sometimes trends among some groups are different than trends among others, Kohn refused to apply the same logic when it came to race and crime.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I no longer pay attention to people who become over-emotional in conversation or debate. The instant it happens interaction is terminated.

I even find myself interacting less with certain shrill opinionites on the boards here. I'm just breezing past their posts without a second glance.

I mention this, because I find it interesting, and I never did that in all the years I lurked here. Maybe it's the pace of the threads. Maybe it's because I'm composing myself for a response. I don't know what it is exactly, but it's something I've made a mental note of. The mods must have noticed too, because overtime I slip, my posts get whacked and I get a nastygram PM.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm surprised the SJWs haven't shown up to defend their ghostly systemic racism claims.

join