It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There a Doctor in the House? (In regard to my mom)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thank you all who wrote in this thread. The prior health problems aand the current are a detriment to eachother. The different sets of meds make each worse. The inflammation fom the sepsis will not go away. Her breathing will remain impossible. She cannot continue with lactulose, there is also a c dificil (sp?) infection. She is in an unbearable amount of pain. There are failures of some bodily functions. They could keep here alive in an ICU almost forever like that, they say, but it isn't what anyone wants.

They will move her to a hospice near her home this evening. I have timed my going to get there when she does. She wants to go home if the hospice can get he stable. She wants to die in her home. They do not think they will be able to sbabilize her.

My goal, now, is to just get her to her home.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I'm sorry to hear that. I know, from having a wife that is an RN of 20+ years, that c dif can be very hard to fight. If that is her Fate, I wish your Mom Godspeed on her trip to the other side, so her suffering may be as short as possible. We may butt heads on the boards, but you have my deepest sympathies.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
My medical advice is to not ask medical advice from people on ATS. No one here knows what they're talking about. I'm sorry about your mom.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am so sorry Relda!
Prayers for you & yours.

Blessed be.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My mother passed yesterday afternoon. It was peaceful. the Hospice of buffalo, Como park Blvd, is a magical palce. I cannot describe it better. My mother looked beutiful, even in death. her face was not pale. She held a 'smile smirk' she is famous for .

She has gone to be with her mom, who passed of alzheimers just a few years ago.

I did hold her. I did talk to her.

A couple days before I had broght a Madame Alexandra doll she bought for me when I was 12, when money waas so tight. I beged for that doll and named it Estelle, my grandmother;s name. My om, at the time said 'you better take care of this doll." I certainly have! All thnese years. I dressed estelle in some of my daughter's baby clothes, to refresh what the doll had been wearing. And a zip up blanket and newborn hat. At that time, my mother opened her eyes and smiled, she focused on me and the doll.

My mother had 'refound' Christian religion in the last year or so. I kept sending her daily catholic boooks to read. One has a 'relic', a tiny piece of a saint's clothing. She will be cremated with that. She died in what is called the 'Divine Hour'. Between 3 and 4 pm.

Not my religion, but at the end I really don;t think it matters, the same God or Goddess is waiting and greatly appreciates the prayers and meditation.

There will be a crematory service for close family only tomororw and a celebration of life for very close family and friends at an Irish establishment on Saturday.

It was all that she wanted.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
She is finally at peace. My deepest sympathies though. I lost my Mom in October and I know it's difficult. She will always be with you in memories and in your heart and watching over you.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My condolences to you and yours. May she rest in peace. So glad she found peace in the hospice. I lost my last sibling in May after a terrible battle with bone cancer. Hospice gave her some peace at the end.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss, Reldra.
My wife passed away from Breast cancer at a young age. I fought the idea of hospice at the end...but eventually relented. She passed there peacefully, much as your mother did. I held her as she passed...she was comfortable and the staff was wonderful to us for the three days we were there. Hospice was a blessing.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I read the opening post and responded and didn't know that your mom had passed away.
edit on 8-7-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

My condolences.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Condolences. I hope it was peaceful. How are you holding up?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Someone must of thought that I had posted something of a sarcastic
reply to this thread topic.I didn't,my advice to the OP was given too late.
Which was the reason for editing my original post.
edit on 9-7-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I am so sorry to hear that your mother passed away...I have Been away for a few weeks and unable to keep up on ATS.... This morning i thought about your mom and wondered how she was doing. I specifically pulled up your post to see, and was saddened when I read she had passed. I am truley sorry . And I am glad you were there for her. Sending you hugs from afar .
edit on 24-7-2016 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join