It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House to Vote On Gun Legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Hill

A week after Democrats staged a nearly 26-hour sit-in demanding a vote on gun control measures, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said the House will vote next week on legislation to block suspected terrorists from buying guns.

In a conference call Thursday, Ryan told rank-and-file Republicans that the House will take up a terrorism package that will include measures to disrupt radicalization and recruitment, as well as a provision to prevent suspected terrorists from purchasing guns, according to a source on the call.

It’s unclear exactly which bill will be brought to the floor.

I can't even imagine what this bill is going to look like by the time it hits the floor. My prediction is that it will end up being something Democrats can't vote Yea on and will end up a political football as Congressional elections heat up.

I don't agree with this anymore than I did with the no fly no buy thing. It's too easy to be put on one of those lists.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If those clowns were serious about stopping terrorists from getting guns they would SECURE the southern border.

Whatever is brought up and voted on will not stop NOTHING.

What it does do is making it harder for people like you and me to buy them.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't agree with this anymore than I did with the no fly no buy thing. It's too easy to be put on one of those lists.

And it will get easier when they finally get their way (and they will) to classify all kinds of things as "terrorism" or "potential terrorism" or "suspicious person" or whatever they want to call it. The Republicans are just as dangerous as the Democrats on this. Gotta watch them all when they start turning the whole country into a police state.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You post on a conspiracy site, terrorist.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What it does do is making it harder for people like you and me to buy them.

Have an example? It's pretty easy for people like you and I to get a firearm.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It doesn't help when the people are so willing to throw that label around either. The anti-Islamic bigotry is going to cost us... again.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I see you bailed on the other thread and started another.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

There's another thread about this that I posted in?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That comment was not meant for this thread, my bad.

But still there is another www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Oh... woops.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Unless I'm mistaken it is okay to post same things in different forums.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Have no fear, even when his gun bill gets passed, each and every oath keeper will be there to protect or country and its way of life just as they have been at every similar turn. Thanks for all you do oath keepers!!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yeah, I just don't like making a duplicate thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

Its like the Dems and gun control. Keep trying until ya get something . Even if it takes 4000 tries.
The old saying goes , if at first you dont succeed , try try again to you do succeed
Of course , also recall the definition of insanity

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: thesungod

Its like the Dems and gun control. Keep trying until ya get something . Even if it takes 4000 tries.
The old saying goes , if at first you dont succeed , try try again to you do succeed
Of course , also recall the definition of insanity

OK , can we stop hearing from the cowards who are afraid of the boogy man around every corner.

How about the real people who have actual fears? Must this country live by cowards afraid of their own shadows who live in fear ( see Muslim boogeymen) and are afraid of their own shadows, who think we are out to grab their gun and .according to them... we are around every little corner, every little open window or every stained underwear..
edit on 1-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join