It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High IQ members and the nature of intelligence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
..... i dont even know how to respond to that without being an ass.

even this responce is ass-ish.

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
in middle school i scored 167 on an iq test and in my sophmore year i scored 164 in my psych course with mostly seniors. the world doesnt look "weird" but i am sometimes metacognitive and i think about people as a whole and our past as a whole and just weird questions. i like to consider people smart when they take on a subject that is difficult and can understand it.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i really cant give u an exact number as my only iq test was in high school and they would not give us the actual results, just a general range, i was told i scored in the highest percentile at the school at that time. I have also taken many other "apptitude tests" for different employers and always scored within the top 5 percent, on a few occasions even posting the highest scores within the organizations....

so im smart....yippeee
am i happy? likely much less so than the " less intelligent" members of society..... i will post a link to my thread does intelligence negate happiness to get an idea what some of the other ats members feedback on this.

Does intelligence negate happiness?....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-11-2007 by canuck7500]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I didn't know they could take your IQ test in high school? I thought only psychologists could administer an IQ test? Isn't that why people dispute the credibility of online IQ tests?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Cant speak for anyone but myself, but i took my test while i was in high school, not as part of the curriculem....
I was placed in "special class" as it was due to behavioral /attendence issues

I am unsure if having a psycholigist administer the test is a requirement or not but if i recall correctly the counsellor that ran the program was a psychiatrist before he taught at the school.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
ill also add a billigerant point

who the hell is a psychologist to determine if my answers are logical or intelligent?

weee.

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

That's actually a big issue, even within psychology. Some think it's necessary to understand how the mind works, while others find it insignificant in relation with how you act.. I know it's necessary in determining wehther or not you're "learning disabled," though.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
school only help certain people like mostly jocks and kids that stick to the book. sports is for entertainment and not really to better mankind. i was never placed in advanced courses because i never turn in home work but i easily took all my other classes with getting the most out of them. i learned french for 3 years and my teacher said i would have no problem talking to people in french. took 2 psych courses also and i speek fluent spanish. school does $#!^ to help the real smart kids

or to simply put in einstiens words: "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

I have a stranglehold on everything except language. I've only dabbled and it's definitely not my strongest area. I'm moving to Argentina in spring, and I figure I'll pick it up as I go. Though, I can't really see not picking up a language you're forced to learn.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

ill agree with the learning disabled aspect 100%

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
cant force me to learn a language..
forcing yourself to learn a language by putting yourself ina position to absolutely need to learn such.. i think we're digressing... ^_^

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

it shouldnt be to hard. most languages have similar rules.

/offtopic: where are you moving from

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

Forced by self, by necessity*

Happy?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

extremely.

i tried, but cannot but words to how, or why, i enjoyed that responce absoutely.

-G

[edit on 6-11-2007 by GlahES]

[edit on 6-11-2007 by GlahES]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GlahES

Haha, you're all right, man.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

where are you moving from if i may ask?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
My intelligence was give to me. I was not intelligent at first. but when I had the OOBE, I suddenly understood all things. So, I didn't become smart the typical way, but the other way around, after seeing those things in my OOBE, I pursued education and took numerous college courses..so far, i have over 100 units, still no end to my curiosity, and that equals more education. I love to learn new and interesting things everyday..reason i'm here I suppose.

hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

Edit: *Secret business.*

[edit on 6-11-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

im going back to mexico next year to pursuit my education. im from chicago

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by drflux

I have great friends in Mexico City, which will be our true "launch point." We're going to mill around with them for free while we learn spanish. I'm going with a good friend of mine. Do you know how the education is down in Argentina? My friend wants to start flirting with a degree, and I just want to find the right cliff to jump off.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join