It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-15E Strike Eagles unable to shoot down the F-35s in 8 dogfights during simulated deployment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Since you clued me in on what was going on, I've been doing my own reading on the press, both good and bad...

Sweetman at best is disingenuous with his "information", at worst, he's a damned liar. I trend towards the latter.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The F-15's flown by 366th fighter wing started getting AESA upgrades in 2014 and are slated to be completed by 2017. So unless there's information I'm missing, they almost certainly had AESA.

I would expect the AN/APG-82 to be more capable than any radar on any Russian fighter. The array on the F-15 is very large and it has the back-end of the APG-79. No Sukhoi derivative has AESA yet.

edit on 1/7/16 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

And wouldn't yah' know it, the guy gets a job with Lockheed's competitor. He had a vested interest in slamming anything LM.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Hey hey hey, it DID land him that Northrop gig...

But that's pretty much everything you need to know about him Lockheed, and "journalistic integrity", and I'm as much of a Lockheed sceptic/N-G fanboi as anyone here.

EDIT: Damn, Sam, you beat me to it.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz
The F-15's flown by 366th fighter wing started getting AESA upgrades in 2014 and are slated to be completed by 2017. So unless there's information I'm missing, they almost certainly had AESA.

I would expect the AN/APG-82 to be more capable than any radar on any Russian fighter. The array on the F-15 is very large and it has the back-end of the APG-79. No Sukhoi derivative has AESA yet.

They look like they can up pretty quick, not bad capability for Canada's Air Defence, I think I would take stealth and sensors over the competition of Typhoon (and I am a big Typhhon fan) and others. Russia wouldn't even know you were airborne and couldn't track you, knock out their awacs then take out the fighters and bombers!

In fact, the U.K. Should go for some A's too!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In another article about the F-35 capabilities, a pilot talks about fighting against upgraded A-4s. Even 1v2, with minimal sensors, and the Skyhawks starting on the offensive, the F-35s are able to almost immediately turn the tables on them. He said they deliberately pushed things as far as they could, and never had any problems turning around and taking them.

theaviationist.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join