It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Carrier Prevents Mass Shooting At SC Nightclub

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Yea actually I didn't ask for your advice, I asked for a solution. As in a workable solution, not a magic wand solution. Reading is fundamental and all that.

And at no point during our discussion have I said to "add water" to fix the problem. I've simply blown holes in your "make it more illegal" idea. Try not to confuse the two. I know it's easier to declare yourself the victor in a debate when you pretend the opposition is simply parroting talking points, but when they aren't doing so it kinda sets one up for failure.

It's a little difficult to discuss something with somebody who insists on making things up and then ascribing them to me when I've not said them. Do let me know when you have something better than "make it illegal-er" for an idea.

"Advice." Pardon me.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ForteanOrg I asked for a solution.

I provided one. Of course you think that my solution is not a solution, as it does not serve your agenda. But it works in the UK, in German, Danmark, Sweden, The Netherlands etc. etc. etc. - so, do as we do, and your problems are solved.

And at no point during our discussion have I said to "add water" to fix the problem. I've simply blown holes in your "make it more illegal" idea. Try not to confuse the two. I know it's easier to declare yourself the victor in a debate when you pretend the opposition is simply parroting talking points, but when they aren't doing so it kinda sets one up for failure.

You have a very strange mindset and that may well explain why you think weapons are swell: you actually think we're in some kind of battle, where in fact we're not. You asked for a solution, I provided one, you dislike it as it does not serve your agenda. We're done.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I really do not think guns are a very real epidemic as you would like to believe in the US. 4.5 out of 100,000 and declining in a very diverse population is really not alot. American gun problems is more a socio-economic problem than it is a firearm control problem. If you look at the top 10 cities with the highest crime rate you will find that 9 out of 10 of them are liberal controlled cities. Take care of the socio-economic problems by providing jobs, developing ways to promote core family values and providing a better metal health care can probably reduce these numbers more so than gun control.
edit on 2-7-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Do as you do and we end up "subjects" and not citizens ... no thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

My agenda is facts and workable solutions. Until you can wrap your brain around the notion that "make it illegal-er" isn't a workable solution, you have nothing to contribute. Magic wands don't exist, and therefore cannot be used to solve issues.

My agenda is that it's a right to keep and bear arms in the US, and it's not in Europe. So until you provide a solution that doesn't involve stripping a guaranteed right away from the general population, you have nothing to contribute.

Continuing to say "make it illegal-er" solves nothing. It doesn't make guns disappear. It doesn't take guns out of the hands of those who possess them illegally to begin with.

Don't confuse your lack of having any substantive solution to the issue (as in one that doesn't strip rights away from law abiding citizens or require magic to work) with me having an agenda. I have no problem with certain aspects of gun control, and I've stated as much time and again. And this is why this discussion never goes anywhere: to the hardcore gun lovers, folks like me are apostates because we don't believe in a personal right to own a howitzer. To hardcore gun grabbers like you, folks like me "think weapons are swell" and somehow wind up lumped in with the howitzer lovers. It's rather spectacular how casually both sides dismiss a moderate approach to things, when we're the very ones you need to further YOUR agendas.

We were done a while ago. Glad you finally caught up.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
actually, this incident is the best argument for banning assault rifles and the like so far

good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a pistol.

good guy with a gun can't stop mateen with a sig sauer mcx

thanks for posting this, you deserve credit for going against your agenda

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Witnesses say customer shot bank robber in Spokane Valley

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Spokane County sheriff's deputies are searching for a bank robber who witnesses say was shot by a customer during an attempted heist of a credit union in the Spokane Valley.

The robbery attempt occurred at a Spokane Teachers Credit Union branch in the Spokane Valley on Thursday afternoon.

Sheriff's spokesman Mark Gregory says witnesses told officers that a customer shot the robber in the upper chest or shoulder, and the robber fled.

www.khq.com...

Happens everyday but it doesn't create the revenue for MSN to promote.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
actually, this incident is the best argument for banning assault rifles and the like so far

good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a pistol.

good guy with a gun can't stop mateen with a sig sauer mcx

thanks for posting this, you deserve credit for going against your agenda

Edmund Burke:
"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

So you let evil Triumph................. Whatever.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I keep wondering what if a patron been armed during the Orlando massacre.How many lives could have been saved.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You're damn right!!! We have to do more to stop all mass shootings and get these sick, twisted criminals off the street and into a prison. We should be profiling those who commit such crimes, check on their mental state and let every citizen in the USA know...or better yet reward them...for pointing out anyone including Muslims (for example) who appear to be a threat. Lets require psychologists and other doctors to file a report when individuals seem mentally disturbed and dangerous. Then...following due process...the police detain them, interview them and if they have enough information...take them to court to determine if they are dangerous. And if so...either lock them up, or put them on a no-fly list or no-gun list and keep an eye on them.

There! Do we have a plan now?
edit on 7/2/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I wonder what would have happened at the Bataclan in Paris if the security was armed. Maybe there wouldn't have been 130 people dead.

Gun-free zones are safe spaces for killers.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: TDawg61

I wonder what would have happened at the Bataclan in Paris if the security was armed. Maybe there wouldn't have been 130 people dead.

Gun-free zones are safe spaces for killers.

Yeah...the left lose their crap when you mention guns. So lets see...airbags in cars injure people so we should remove them from cars. Knives hurt and kill people (without any help from a human...apparently) so we should ban them. Lets get back to cars...cars freakin kill people all the time...ban cars. What else? Needles cause overdoses...ban needles. How about just one more...a leftist President named Obama just admitted to at least 64 and more likely killing HUNDREDS of innocent people with drones, etc. Hang him...right?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Again what is an assult rifle? If you mean - "a select-fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine", you can rest assure those type of firearms were not used. The MCX is a semi-automatic carbine.

If you want to reduce the risks of shooting spree just get rid of "false" gun free zones.
edit on 2-7-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Again, using the OP: the crime of murder was prevented by a defensive carry. The crime of attempted murder was not prevented.

Again you are ignoring that only 80k MAX, defensive actions with firearms were recorded on file. Which means in the 1.5-4.5 Million(!) incidents (claimed on surveys), only 80k are explained or recorded.

WHICH IMPLIES, THE DEFENSIVE ACTIONS FOR THE EXTRA 1.42-4.42 MILLION INCIDENTS, WERE NOT RECORDED. Which means, again, supposedly they either stopped the crime or the crimes never happened, so then the use of the gun alone is not legal. Jesus. Power of deduction dude. The simplest answer is of course THE STATS ARE FAKE.

Again, using the OP: the crime of murder was prevented by a defensive carry. The crime of attempted murder was not prevented.

So the crime of attempted murder was initiated by a legal purchase illegal carry. But it was thwarted by a defensive carry. Okay. So if there were no legal gun owner this wouldn't have happened?

I don't even care about gun control, Im just pointing out how flawed the pro-gun argument is. You know what I hate, lies and propaganda. 1.5-4.5 Million that's unaccountable for is propaganda.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I wonder what would have happened at the Bataclan in Paris if the security was armed.

What makes you think that the security there was unarmed? An armed guard is useless once they are dead.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Imagine that!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
well they had a guy in new york who was attacked and he wounded guy instead of killing him and he had to a crap load of money because he wounded perp instead of killing him . the victim was named bernie something or other but he got stuck paying billss for a guy robbing him.

That is liberal justice in effect. The same goes on in the Netherlands for instance if you have a burglar in your house over there and you hit him on the head with a pipe you get arrested under criminal charges and end up paying his/her hospital bills and you get criminal charges set against you. A cop over there i know of once got sued because when a guy who was squatting in a house for weeks with a group came charging at him with a axe and the cop only unclipped the gun from his holster. World is going cray cray, its upside down.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
How else would one defend themselves from this behaviour.

Some would have us scrounging for rocks to throw.

Members of the NWO Slave Class are not authorized to carry guns.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I guess the outcome is more important than the cause.

If guns weren't so easy to get then there wouldn't of been any injuries at all. But I guess that doesn't fit your narratives.

Guns for everyone!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim
No that is your narrative. Guns are old technology if guns were not already everywhere they are not very difficult to manufacture with a simple workshop. Even if we ban guns there will be a black market supplying and manufacturing guns for criminal who wants them. No one ever say guns for everyone but law abiding citizen should not be prevented from buying one if the want it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join