It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: xuenchenSeveral people were wounded when a shooter started firing into a crowd.
Looks like no one was killed.
The punchline is a patron shot back and wounded the criminal !!!!
* This could have been another mass killing *
1) Are homicides by firearms an epidemic that is out of control if yes can you provide some proof? (hint: FBI says theres about 11k homicides by firearms a year and the number per capita of firearms related deaths have been on the decrease for decades)
2) If you are in favor of no-fly no-buy law .... are you okay that we are changing our country to the Napoleonic code? Or should we still be presumed innocent until proven guilty and follow due precess? (Remember there are already laws that prevent committed criminals from purchasing firearms)
3) If you are for an "Assult Rifle" Ban can you explain to me what an "Assult Rifle" is, and how is that different from my ranch rifle that I use to protect my land and family?
4) If you want to impose new gun control laws ... what laws do you think we need that are not already on the books?
5) Would you agree that people use guns to effectively defend themselves? (Depending on who does the survey the general number are usually around 500,000+ cases yearly. Even a lowball estimate by the left leaning NCVS gives about 100,000 plus a year.)
6) Lastly, do you know that cops in the US are not obligated to protect you or your family? (The duty of a police is to investigate crimes and capture criminals)
Police officers are commissioned to keep citizens safe 24 hours a day and seven days a week. The job of a law enforcement officer carries a great deal of risk, but many people pursue a career as a police officer because they feel a moral duty to protect others. If you are interested in a career as a police officer, it is critical that you understand the duties and obligations of the job.
The primary duty of a police officer is to protect people and property. To accomplish this task, police officers carry out specific job duties on a regular basis, which vary depending on the size and type of their law enforcement organization. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, common duties of a police officer include patrolling designated areas, enforcing laws, answering calls for help, arresting individuals suspected of committing crimes, issuing citations, testifying in court and conducting traffic stops. Police officers also complete reports and fill out forms regarding incidents.
originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ForteanOrg
Does the EU have a constitutional right about the right of keeping and bearing arms being necessary to secure the free state?
Do you have a suggestion short of sending law enforcement door to door, kicking in those doors, raiding every home in America to ensure that criminals hand over their guns?
What do you consider to be a normal, acceptable number of handgun deaths to be? Five thousand? Six thousand?
I do not think that the "no fly list" is constitutional, but until conservatives admit that and get rid of it, it is reasonable to bar "suspected terrorists" from buying arms.
Any semi-automatic long gun designed for non-sporting purposes. You can protect your ranch with a double barreled shotgun filled with buckshot. Coyotes generally don't shoot back.
Requiring gun owners to have insurance. Requiring gun owners to enlist in a militia that will train them in the proper use of their weapons and make them available for the defense of the commonwealth... you know, like the Second Amendment says.
Yes, and they also use them to kill innocent people by accident. Don't you think it would be nice if everyone was properly trained,and that anti-social types found it hard to access guns?
Where did you hear that rubbish? "Serve and protect," remember?
originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ForteanOrgAnd you didn't have the levels of gun ownership, legal or otherwise, that the US has, did you? Nah.
It's already illegal to own a gun six different ways to Sunday. Doesn't seem to be stopping the baddies much, does it?
originally posted by: Shamrock6So your solution is to "just simply" make millions of law abiding citizens criminals? That seems totally rational.
It's always entertaining when a euro makes these arguments. You folks seem to prefer to ignore facts like the ones I've given in favor of your statistics. You have lower gun crime rates.
Terrific, I'm happy for you. Not really a reason to blithely ignore the things I've pointed out.