It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Carrier Prevents Mass Shooting At SC Nightclub

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Misfire

edit on 30-6-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Well, it turns out that the guns used in the Paris shooting came from Fast and Furious ( compliments of Obama) so it's not really that far fetched is it?

Seems to me like gun control needs to be applied to Obama more than anyone else.
edit on 30-6-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX
A question for the US members here....a friend of mine has recently returned to the UK after spending a few years in the US. Whilst discussing the whole gun control issue, he stated that you are not allowed to carry a firearm in an establishment that has alcohol, like pubs and clubs.

Is this then not true? I did ask him if CCW's were allowed but he seemed to be under the impression that it wasnt the done thing.

Good job this perosn had one though.

CX.
I'm a Virginian and in the Old Dominion you can carry in a restaurant/bar/pub but you can't be server Alcohol. I believe Tennessee and North Carolina have the same rule.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Whoop-de-do! Still sitting at 182 mass shootings in 2016... That's a disgrace for a civilized nation.

I have an impossible time believing all these mass shooting incidents are simply a product of the times.
Mass shooting incidents have increased at least four-fold since Obama took office.
Statistically speaking it doesn't pass the smell test.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Depends on the state I believe. Here in s.c. that's the way it is but places are also required to post a notice at the door, the one that's deemed legal by the state. No hand written "no guns" signs.

Either way, I'm taking the charge for carrying concealed in the wrong place, after the fact, versus my wife burying me.
Star for you sir.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

And how many of those were gang involved? Or drug related? Would you really equate a gang shootout over drugs to Orlando? Or is it just easier to lump them all together and scream "GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

It depends on the laws in the individual states, but I will say as a person that is licensed to carry that it is absolutely irresponsible to carry a firearm when consuming alcohol. Much like operating a vehicle, you potentially put lives at danger if you do not have clear judgement.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Well, it turns out that the guns used in the Paris shooting came from Fast and Furious ( compliments of Obama) so it's not really that far fetched is it?

Seems to me like gun control needs to be applied to Obama more than anyone else.

That is not true.

Perhaps you need to re-read that thread/story.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

exactly, and after, everyone with in a few hours, obama and all the other gun grabber nuts in washington are on TV telling us how ashamed we should be.

then come to the boards and you see the same. those are the ones who should hang their head in shame. politicizing the gun debate before the body's are even cold.

edit on 30-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Whoop-de-do! Still sitting at 182 mass shootings in 2016... That's a disgrace for a civilized nation.

I have an impossible time believing all these mass shooting incidents are simply a product of the times.
Mass shooting incidents have increased at least four-fold since Obama took office.

That would have nothing to do with re-classify the amount needed (3) or more to qualify as a mass-shooting... right?

Rate of Mass Shootings Has Tripled Since 2011, Harvard Research Shows

a federal law signed by President Obama in 2013 defined the threshold as three or more victims killed.

What our analysis reveals As the chart above shows, a public mass shooting occurred on average every 172 days since 1982. The orange reference line depicts this average; data points below the orange line indicate shorter intervals between incidents, i.e., mass shootings occurring at a faster pace. Since September 6, 2011, there have been 14 public mass shootings at an average interval of less than 172 days. A run of nine points or more below the orange average line is considered a statistical signal that the underlying process has changed. (A nine-point run below the average is about as likely to occur by chance as flipping a coin nine times and getting heads nine times in a row—the probability is less than 1 percent. The 14-point run we see here is even more unlikely to have occurred by chance.) The standard interpretation of this chart would be that mass shootings, as of September 2011, are now part of a new, accelerated, process. Because the chart signals that a new process started around September 2011, we can divide the chart at that point to analyze each phase separately. In the first 29-year phase, mass shootings occurred every 200 days on average. In the subsequent three-year phase, mass shootings occurred every 64 days on average:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So what're you implying?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

After getting into a fight with another person, the 32-year-old suspect pulled out a gun and began to fire at a crowd of people gathered outside of the club, hitting and injuring four, WISTV reports. One of the victims, who holds a concealed-carry permit, shot back in self-defense, hitting the suspect in the leg.

"Prevented"

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You're partially right.

You see Obama and Holder did not keep track of the weapons (dafuq? wasn't that the whole point?)

For obvious reasons, considering the ATF and feds never tracked the scheme’s weapons, most of the over 2,000 Fast and Furious weapons have been lost. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

However we CAN track these weapons to the outlets Obama used to put these weapons in the hands of people who like to kill Americans and US Law Enforcement.

Now, if what Judicial Watch uncovered holds weight, another Fast and Furious weapon has been used against civilians in an horrific way — thanks to the utterly irresponsible, nefarious scheme unleashed by the Obama administration’s feds. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

In fact, according to “law enforcement sources involved with the case,” the ATF acted to ensure the seller’s identity and information pertaining to his involvement remained concealed from scrutiny — “kept quiet,” as Judicial Watch sources put it. “Agents were told, in the process of taking the fully auto [mentioned above], not to anger the seller to prevent him from going public,” Judicial Watch says a “veteran law enforcement officer” explained. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

So yes, blame Obama.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

if what Judicial Watch uncovered holds weight

IF.

JW is a Right Wing nutter operation that has no credibility, unless they can prove what they claim.

They have no proof and their assertions are based on unnamed sources.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So what're you implying?

Maybe that Obama purposely armed a bunch of people to create mass killings to further his gun control agenda in order to make a population powerless against tyranny?

Personally, I'm not implying it.

I'm outright saying it's a fact.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: Liquesence

So what're you implying?

Maybe that Obama purposely armed a bunch of people to create mass killings to further his gun control agenda in order to make a population powerless against tyranny?

Personally, I'm not implying it.

I'm outright saying it's a fact.

What has been implemented as part of that gun control agenda?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Interesting.

a federal law signed by President Obama in 2013 defined the threshold as three or more victims killed

When you get to change the meaning of words you can make 'statistics' mean anything.

Ask is right.

The sheer number of mass shooting is statisically NIHL without some external force at play.

Making up words as they go along is an external force.

I am sure OTHERS are at play as well.

ETA:

And Sourcing Mother Jones is akin to Sourcing Fox News.

edit on 30-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It is a FACT that Obama's idiotic scheme to arm drug cartel's and terrorists has resulted in the deaths of Americans.

Though JW is cited in my source, my source itself is the Free Thought project which is pretty left wing.

What has been PROVEN is the weapon came from the same source in Phoenix that Obama used to provide murder weapons to our enemies.

I know you want to attack the source instead of actually debating, but you got the source wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The fact that his agenda is failing means nothing, except that he has to go to extreme measures to push it forward.

Like setting up a false flag mass shooting to get Republicans to agree to a vote to further his gun control agenda.

Which is happening right now.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I fear we are treading in to off-topic material, but lets address it anyway.

It is a FACT that Obama's idiotic scheme to arm drug cartel's and terrorists has resulted in the deaths of Americans.

If it is fact, it could be proven in court. Why has that not been done?

Though JW is cited in my source, my source itself is the Free Thought project which is pretty left wing.

Who cares? What value does that have?

What has been PROVEN is the weapon came from the same source in Phoenix that Obama used to provide murder weapons to our enemies.

That is not what the material says. It came from a certain dealer that is "claimed" to have been part of the F&F operation, but it does not prove that the weapon was part of that "program".

I know you want to attack the source instead of actually debating, but you got the source wrong.

Wrong thread to debate that topic, but it appears, nonetheless, that there is some question to the claims you are trying to make.

Prove it.

JW can't. How can you ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join