It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concealed Carrier Prevents Mass Shooting At SC Nightclub

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Apparently there was a shooting the other night in a South Carolina nightclub.

Several people were wounded when a shooter started firing into a crowd.

Looks like no one was killed.

The punchline is a patron shot back and wounded the criminal !!!!

* This could have been another mass killing *

A man with a concealed carry license stopped a shooter after the latter opened fire on a crowd of people at a nightclub in South Carolina early Sunday morning, according to WISTV.com.

After getting into a fight with another person, the 32-year-old suspect pulled out a gun and began to fire at a crowd of people gathered outside of the club, hitting and injuring four, WISTV reports. One of the victims, who holds a concealed-carry permit, shot back in self-defense, hitting the suspect in the leg.

+44 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sorry this doesn't fit the narrative or the agenda.

Citizens don't need guns, only politicians do.
edit on 30-6-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If the shooting hadn't been prevented by a ccw holder and lots of people had died, this thread would already be swarmed by SJWs and left wing gun control nuts.

Funny how that works.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How else would one defend themselves from this behaviour.

Some would have us scrounging for rocks to throw.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

One of the victims, who holds a concealed-carry permit, shot back in self-defense, hitting the suspect in the leg.

Just think of all the tax payer money that could have been saved if it had been a head shot.

Glad someone was there who took protection and defense seriously.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Dang. I bet the CCL guy is shook up. Good thing for the rest of the crowd that he had stones when it mattered.

I wish I could buy him a beer.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well the nerve of that person!

Obviously he shouldn't haven't have a gun.

He was suppose to shelter in place( about as asinine as duck and cover was), and just dialed 911 for police to come save them, of course after a three hour wait.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

By the way, where are all the anti gun folks? They don't seem to swarm the threads that show guns can be used to stop crime.
Gee.....wonder why.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It was a sportsbar that closed at 11 and the shooting happened at 330 am. Good on the guy for defending him self though.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

By the way, where are all the anti gun folks?

They are over in that Japan thread saying how racist they are.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Whoop-de-do! Still sitting at 182 mass shootings in 2016... That's a disgrace for a civilized nation.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I dont know how id go looking it up so ill ask here. ..is it an old wives tale or true that there are some states where if you decide to defend yourself with a legal gun, you should only shoot for the heart or head because if you wound someone only you are financially responsible for their rehab and you can also be fined a whole lot of pain and suffering no matter if the guy was a danger or not so people advise just kill? This is what a friend of mine swears but I find the whole thing confusing nonsensical and a bit stupid for lack of less offensive terns..

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Oh 182 out of over 350 million firearms.

The current administration has DRONED more people than that.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Whoop-de-do! Still sitting at 182 mass shootings in 2016... That's a disgrace for a civilized nation.

What do you expect when we have a real epic and legendary class piece of Sht for a president? OF course there are going to be exponentially more mass shootings. The president is likely involved in causing most of them for his "get the guns" crusade.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ah, sorry,he's just black

You have to identify as at least 2 minority groups before liberals will use you to further their agenda

Nothing to see here. Move along.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ha! Really? I don't see how this is Obama's fault...

edit on 30-6-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: words are hard

CX

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A question for the US members here....a friend of mine has recently returned to the UK after spending a few years in the US. Whilst discussing the whole gun control issue, he stated that you are not allowed to carry a firearm in an establishment that has alcohol, like pubs and clubs.

Is this then not true? I did ask him if CCW's were allowed but he seemed to be under the impression that it wasnt the done thing.

Good job this perosn had one though.

CX.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

Depends on the state law.

You're not allowed to concealed carry and consume alcohol. Carrying into some sort of public accommodation that serves it, but not consuming it, is laid out in the state's permit laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

The laws vary.

South Carolina Legalizes Concealed Weapons In Bars

(Feb 2014)

South Carolina on Tuesday became the latest state to allow concealed weapons in bars, making it the most recent victory ground for gun rights activists who have peeled back more than a dozen state-level gun restrictions in recent years.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Depends on the state I believe. Here in s.c. that's the way it is but places are also required to post a notice at the door, the one that's deemed legal by the state. No hand written "no guns" signs.

Either way, I'm taking the charge for carrying concealed in the wrong place, after the fact, versus my wife burying me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join