It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia torturing and sexually assaulting refugees.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Why would you take issue with me.

Take issue with my sources although they seem very legitimate.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeLowUSA

originally posted by: TommyD1966

originally posted by: JoeLowUSA
I get the opposite of sad to find out that Muslims are being tortured.

That's go to be the most ignorant thing I've read on ATS in a while.

If you were referring to radicals/terrorists I'd agree with you. But any Muslim?

That is sad.

Yes, any Muslim. If the baby gets thrown out with the water I won't lose a second sleep over it. That's how much I care about Muslims.

Wow. Ok. You are of course entitled to your opinions, however misguided and misinformed.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

A quick google has shown me that it is in fact rampant...

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced at a Council of Australian Governments (COAG) meeting on April 1 that federal, state and territory leaders will unite to tackle domestic violence at a national summit in October 2016.

The announcement followed the release of a report by the Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence.

Source
They even have a TV show about it...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Raggedyman

According to the report, there has been testimony in front of Parliament as to the conditions and abuses.

I cant agree with you that just because something is incredibly evil, that it cant exist.

The Stanford Prison Experiment showed us just how quickly these people can become sadistic.

My issue is not that people can be incredibly evil, I know that

What I don't get is why torture people, why water board refugees, water boarding is a way to garner information, it's not something you do just for fun, mostly

Maybe water boarding did go on, if it did then I expect it was for other reasons than what seems claimed

Abuse and rape, well that's what people do, it's wrong, it needs to be stopped, the question is how, in a refugee camp and outside of one as well, it's a big problem

You are insinuating it's government sanctioned, I can't get my head around that

Greens trying to blackmail people into open boarder policies

I think there are a few mistruths in your line of argument

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Why would you take issue with me.

Take issue with my sources although they seem very legitimate.

I can't find any evidence of the water boarding in any of your links
Where was it written please

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I'm pretty sure cops, lawyers, and judges aren't being politically correct. Sexual assault is a term defined by law.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sorry gladtobehere, but this story is utter rubbish.
As it is a UK article, by a radical media I expect, it is probably more aimed at British natives to try to discourage them from emigrating from the UK to Australia to get away from all the mess in Europe.

Australia is a Nanny state, we cant even drive our cars faster than 100kph (60mph), without incurring huge fines, demerit poits etc etc.

The fact is there IS rape and abuse at these detention centres.
and it is ALL caused by the refugees themselves......Yes the Men RAPE there own women and children....just as they do in the European centres. This is mostly a Middle Eastern , Tradition if you wish to call it that.

They also harm themselves, destroy the LCD TV, IPhones, furniture etc that Australia gives them for nothing, set fire to these centres and generally cause mayhem....because they expect special treatment because they are "Refugees".

They are NOT refugees, they are economic migrants who flaunt the system, pay many thousands of US $ to con men and smugglers...ie their own "Muslin" brothers, to illegally come to Australia and get a free ride.

We have had this problem since the US lead intervention in the Middle East in the late 1990s.

What Australia has Always said to these people, is apply for immigration and be treated as everyone else in the World... With Genuine Refugees processed In Their Own Country.

THe Reason for the detention centres, is to Discourage these line jumpers and illegals from placing themselves and their families in danger, and to direct them to apply via the direct, legal channels.
The same as any other country asks.
Genuine refugees, are still treated as genuine refugees, you will find these rapists and other trouble makers, are the ones that paid 50KUS to smugglers, for a promised paradise, all for free, but end up in very nice appointed detention camps instead of a 2 story mansion.............

As far as torture and "Child experiments" you have no idea of Australia.

There have even been Illegal Immigrants, who have been paced in detention centres, who have "Pretended" to go crazy, and have been paid Millions of dollars in compensation, by the poor fool idiot white man in Australia, because the "detention centres made him crazy" etc etc.
This was 10 years or so ago, hopefully it still does'nt go on.......but it show what bleeding hearts there are in this country, so "Torture or child rape" would be impossible.
Oh...and I think some of these Middle Easterns who where paid this "Compensation"....went back to Arab land!! rich of course.

BTW you cant even volunteer working with children (at schools, or sports clubs etc) in Australia, without doing a child protection course AND having a full criminal police check, before they will even consider you.....been that way for about 10 years now.

So, yes, the article is a beat up nonsense.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If you believe the rubbish posted op you would pretty much believe anything....stop embracing ignorance

edit on 30-6-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Sorry gladtobehere, but this story is utter rubbish.
As it is a UK article, by a radical media I expect, it is probably more aimed at British natives to try to discourage them from emigrating from the UK to Australia to get away from all the mess in Europe.

Australia is a Nanny state, we cant even drive our cars faster than 100kph (60mph), without incurring huge fines, demerit poits etc etc.

The fact is there IS rape and abuse at these detention centres.
and it is ALL caused by the refugees themselves......Yes the Men RAPE there own women and children....just as they do in the European centres. This is mostly a Middle Eastern , Tradition if you wish to call it that.

They also harm themselves, destroy the LCD TV, IPhones, furniture etc that Australia gives them for nothing, set fire to these centres and generally cause mayhem....because they expect special treatment because they are "Refugees".

They are NOT refugees, they are economic migrants who flaunt the system, pay many thousands of US $ to con men and smugglers...ie their own "Muslin" brothers, to illegally come to Australia and get a free ride.

We have had this problem since the US lead intervention in the Middle East in the late 1990s.

What Australia has Always said to these people, is apply for immigration and be treated as everyone else in the World... With Genuine Refugees processed In Their Own Country.

THe Reason for the detention centres, is to Discourage these line jumpers and illegals from placing themselves and their families in danger, and to direct them to apply via the direct, legal channels.
The same as any other country asks.
Genuine refugees, are still treated as genuine refugees, you will find these rapists and other trouble makers, are the ones that paid 50KUS to smugglers, for a promised paradise, all for free, but end up in very nice appointed detention camps instead of a 2 story mansion.............

As far as torture and "Child experiments" you have no idea of Australia.

There have even been Illegal Immigrants, who have been paced in detention centres, who have "Pretended" to go crazy, and have been paid Millions of dollars in compensation, by the poor fool idiot white man in Australia, because the "detention centres made him crazy" etc etc.
This was 10 years or so ago, hopefully it still does'nt go on.......but it show what bleeding hearts there are in this country, so "Torture or child rape" would be impossible.
Oh...and I think some of these Middle Easterns who where paid this "Compensation"....went back to Arab land!! rich of course.

BTW you cant even volunteer working with children (at schools, or sports clubs etc) in Australia, without doing a child protection course AND having a full criminal police check, before they will even consider you.....been that way for about 10 years now.

So, yes, the article is a beat up nonsense.

I wish I could star this post more than once as it is completely correct.

No more of this nonsense!

Most of the detainees are housed outside of Australia, so it's extremely unlikely that "Australians" other than the do-gooder greenies are having ANY contact with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I dont see where its being argued that Australia should be forced to admit refugees, at-least not in these articles. They seem to be focusing on the crimes.

I would say it is sanctioned by the government based on their anti-whistle blowing laws and the fact that the Australian parliament voted down a motion to make the reporting of child abuse mandatory within immigration detention.

In my OP, there are quotes from and links to the sources.

a reply to: gort51

I dont doubt that there is violence by the immigrants/refugees directed at each other but according to these sources, the torture and sexual abuse is being committed by guards/employees.

Torturing and raping people is never ok despite the politics and problems with foreign immigrants.

But I do agree with you that US intervention in the Middle East has been a never ending disaster for everyone.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I hardly believe everything I read but I see no reason to doubt the information presented in the article or the report by the Journal of Medical Ethics.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

As others have pointed out it is election time....the spin is in full force....

That's not to say the detention centres that are off our shores are not horrible places where bad things happen.....

I would liken the argument to saying that France rapes immigrants at the Calais camp

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Most significantly, Section 42 of the Border force Act entitled
‘Secrecy’ states that:

1. A person commits an offence if:

A. the person is, or has been, an entrusted person;
B. the person makes a record of, or discloses, information;
C. the information is protected information.18

Funny how they left the rest of that Act out....

Exception (2) Subsection (1) does not apply if:
(a) the making of the record or disclosure is authorised by section 43, 44, 45, 47, 48 or 49; or
(b) the making of the record or disclosure is in the course of the person's employment or service as an entrusted person; or
(c) the making of the record or disclosure is required or authorised by or under a law of the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory; or
(d) the making of the record or disclosure is required by an order or direction of a court or tribunal.

www5.austlii.edu.au...

The purpose behind it is to stop the SJW's, bleeding hearts etc. visiting the centres and then making up crap and posting it, nowhere does it stop the reporting of abuse.

Have a look at "C" above, "the making of the record or disclosure is required or authorised by or under a law of the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory; or "

Australia already have mandatory reporting of child abuse laws....
www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au...

So it is just the normal SJW rant, not based on facts!

the fact that the Australian parliament voted down a motion to make the reporting of child abuse mandatory within immigration detention.

Care to show us exactly where in Hansard that vote was taken?
www.aph.gov.au...

edit on 30-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

a reply to: abe froman

originally posted by: abe froman
...before you attack Australia,...

Youre really going to defend rape and torture... Wow.

It's simply a load of crap.

rape and torture... *yawn*

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I thought they only did that to tourists,

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply

I read the links, I want to read where water boarding and zipping is going on and has been taken to authority's, cos they are not in those links anywhere I could find
Those comments water boarding and zipping are not in the links

It looks like a BIG FAT LIE

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: heffo7

Utter rubbish or not, it would be remiss not to follow up any allegations to their source

Let's ask and see the evidence rather than brush it off, what if it is true

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
To those making the allegations whether in parliament or in the situation, I ask for the tangible evidence, statements, declarations, forensic tests and injuries.

If these prove negative then I ask for those, proposing these circumstances, whether under parliamentary privilege or through other authorities, to be held accountable after the thorough investigations.

If this all proves false then those proposing such preposterous allegations be named and certainly shamed.

Absolutely disgusting!!!!

Tired of these BS nonsense proclamations that are made only by a few disenchanted stupids who can't take the word "No" for an answer. Make 'them' answerable.

My kind regards,

Bally

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join