It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia torturing and sexually assaulting refugees.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Horrendous.

One thing though... sexual assault is not PC for rape it is a broad legal term that doesn't necessarily involve penetration.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What the article fails to mention (of course) is that if the illegals do not like it in the resorts we keep them in they can go home anytime that they want to, we will even pay for their airfare!

Also any child abuse is being done by the illegals themselves, most are single males.

edit on 30-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I heard they've also been eating refugees and forcing them to box kangaroos.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Australia voted down a measure to make it mandatory to report child abuse/rape...

Why would any decent group of human beings do this?

This is mind blowing.

From the report:

Details of sexual assault and exploitation have also been described in a Select Committee Report to the Australian Parliament.13

Poor documentation, the denial of facts and the creation of an historical vacuum are common place in highly oppressive regimes, so that the suffering of victims remains a kind of fantasy, which is difficult to prove.

The reporting of child abuse as exposed through these processes must be understood in the context of the Australian parliament voting down a motion to make the reporting of child abuse mandatory within immigration detention.

These barriers to whistleblowing on the conditions of detention have been compounded by the introduction of the Border Force Act, a new law which was passed in July 2015.

Most significantly, Section 42 of the Border force Act entitled
‘Secrecy’ states that:

1. A person commits an offence if:

A. the person is, or has been, an entrusted person;
B. the person makes a record of, or discloses, information;
C. the information is protected information.18

Breaking this new law carries a two-year prison term.7 18 Nonetheless, on the day the Border Force Act came into effect, over 40 ‘entrusted persons’ spoke out in the form of an open letter. It stated:

We have advocated, and will continue to advocate, for the health of those for whom we have a duty of care, despite the threats of imprisonment, because standing by and watching sub-standard and harmful care, child abuse and gross violations of human rights is not ethically justifiable.19

a reply to: hellobruce

Are you sure about that?

There must be some barrier to them leaving.

I cant imagine that people would willingly allow themselves to be tortured or have their family members and children raped.

edit on 30-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Those countries were screwed up for thousands of years before the west even existed.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Are you sure about that?

There must be some barrier to them leaving.

I cant imagine that people would willingly allow themselves to be tortured and have their wives and children raped.

Yes, I am sure - just read the official reports, illegals are going home regularly when they realise their attempt to force their way into Australia has failed. The only thing stopping them all leaving is they hope their is a change of government at this election and a new labor government caves in to the SJW's, left and Greens and lets them all in, like the last labor government did. The present government has vowed no illegal will settle in Australia. Most are just economic refugees.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I would say this is bs.

Probably refugee's who want to leave or get better accommodation.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Australia voted down a measure to make it mandatory to report child abuse/rape...

Why would any decent group of human beings do this?

This is mind blowing.

First you knock Australia for being insensitive to Muslims. Now you're trying to knock Australia for respecting their deeply held religious beliefs.

www.nytimes.com...

It's what they do. You need to respect their culture and look the other way.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: abe froman

Youre really going to defend rape and torture... Wow.

At-least I know where to file your opinions from now on.

"Denying ignorance while embracing evil" full steam ahead.

Why are refugees being tortured, raped

I do know some in refugee camps get raped and assaulted by other refugees

This story sounds a little suspicious to me, why torture refugees, information, fun?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You just completely defended the actions of Australia which include rape and torture actually cautioning people not "to attack them".

...before you attack Australia, remember not one single Middle Eastern country wants these Muslim illegal immigrants either.

Don't want to face possible abuse at detention centers in Australia? Don't go there.

Libelous? IMHO, you should be banned from ATS.

I cant agree with you that the victims are at fault. I doubt they thought that they would be exposed to these conditions.

Would I be correct in saying that you are they type of person who blames women for dressing "provocatively" when they get sexually assaulted or raped?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Examples?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I agree that the child abuse thing is messed up, that said the report is still 99% word of mouth evidence.

Also domestic violence is rampant in Australia or so I have been told, by Aussie's no less. There is a reason that a bunch of women write their phone numbers with dinner invites, etc onto tennis balls and throw them at the US sailors pulling into port.
edit on 30-6-2016 by thesungod because: ed added

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeLowUSA
I get the opposite of sad to find out that Muslims are being tortured.

That's go to be the most ignorant thing I've read on ATS in a while.

If you were referring to radicals/terrorists I'd agree with you. But any Muslim?

That is sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

According to the report, there has been testimony in front of Parliament as to the conditions and abuses.

I cant agree with you that just because something is incredibly evil, that it cant exist.

The Stanford Prison Experiment showed us just how quickly these people can become sadistic.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

originally posted by: JoeLowUSA
I get the opposite of sad to find out that Muslims are being tortured.

That's go to be the most ignorant thing I've read on ATS in a while.

If you were referring to radicals/terrorists I'd agree with you. But any Muslim?

That is sad.

Yes, any Muslim. If the baby gets thrown out with the water I won't lose a second sleep over it. That's how much I care about Muslims.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

Theres a lot of ignorance on display in this thread, scary actually.

Mr. abe froman, long time member and familiar poster, is cautioning people to not condemn or "attack" Australia over this...

originally posted by: abe froman
However before you attack Australia, remember not one single Middle Eastern country wants these Muslim illegal immigrants either.

Don't want to face possible abuse at detention centers in Australia? Don't go there.

I really feel like I just entered the Twilight Zone.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

I call BS on this and request this OP go straight to the LOL bin.

Agreed.

This sounds like a nutty greens party ploy to sway public sympathy toward opening the floodgates again.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If only this was some kind of a sick joke

As an Australian i call you out on your BS post. You know nothing about what you have stated, get the true FACTS laddie, or just STFU......

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
This sounds like a nutty greens party ploy to sway public sympathy toward opening the floodgates again.

Very true, and Australia is having a Federal election this Saturday, and the greenies oppose any policy on stopping illegals arriving here by boat, also they are against detaining illegals.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

domestic violence is rampant in Australia or so I have been told,
ARE YOU SO GULLIBLE ????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join