It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Have Agreed To Hold A Vote On Gun Control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

You are really starting to sound delusional. Cowards? afraid of our shadows? Afraid of "You" gun grabbers?

Your fantasies of playing Rambo, kicking in doors and stealing peoples firearms, is bordering insane. It simply wont happen.

You can call us names if it makes ya feel better, but your keyboard badassery means nothing in the real world.

You whine about 50 people getting killed in a mass shooting and demand something be done. Yet you ignore the damn near 2000 shootings in Chicago this year. Where's you outrage there? Why aren't you supporting kicking in doors and taking their firearms? Go for it tough guy!

As for me, I and my firearms are no threat to anyone. I hunt, sport shoot and am an overall enthusiast. Like I said earlier, I have invested heavily into my firearms and nobody is going to take them.

Take my not so fine State of Hellinois as an example. We have to have a FOID card before we can purchase firearms. So the State knows who all the lawful firearm owners are. There are roughly 2 million of us LEGAL firearm owners and probably double the ILLEGAL ones. How do you think you're going to take just us lawful folks firearms? The very vast majority of us will blow your head off the second you step through our doors.

Sorry man, but there's no law that can legislate morality. Bad people do bad things. Hampering the rights of law abiding people who have no intention of doing wrong, with ignorant, feel good legislation, just so you can say "something" was done is insanity! Talking with your ilk is maddening. I have a few friends like you and it's funny conversing with them about firearms. They end up walking away in a fit of rage when they get schooled, time after time.

You want to debate? Go for it, tell me your sure fire fix to this "problem".

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For those who are for new laws can you answer a few questions so that we can get some thoughts on you perpectives:

1) Are homicides by firearms an epidemic that is out of control if yes can you provide some proof? (hint: FBI says theres about 11k homicides by firearms a year and the number per capita of firearms related deaths have been on the decrease for decades)

2) If you are in favor of no-fly no-buy law .... are you okay that we are changing our country to the Napoleonic code? Or should we still be presumed innocent until proven guilty?

3) If you are for "Assult Rifle" Ban can you explain to me what an "assult rifle" is and how is that different from my ranch rifle that I use to protect my land and family?

4) If you want to impose new gun control laws ... what laws do you think we need that are not already on the books?

5) Would you agree that people use guns to effectively defend themselves? (Depending on who does the survey the general number are usually around 500,000+ cases yearly. Even a lowball estimate by the left leaning NCVS gives about 100,000 plus a year.)

6) Lastly, do you know that cops are not obligated to protect you or your family?
edit on 1-7-2016 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
a reply to: projectvxn

OK , can we stop hearing from the cowards who are afraid of the boogy man around every corner.

How about the real people who have actual fears? Must this country live by cowards afraid of their own shadows who live in fear and are afraid of their own shadows, who think we are out to grab their guns...according to them... we are around every little corner, every little open window or every stained underwear..

One of the first things a dictator does is disarm their population,then they start killing them! History
is filled with many examples of this very scenario,Hitler,Stalin...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
To get off of the list is a process. The question should be, how do ones get on the list, and ultimately, what is the criteria that they are using, and why so secret.

That in itself is what is questionable, but at the same time here is the problem.

How do you balance, the safety of the people without letting those organizations and people knowing? There has to be some element of secrecy, but to what extent? That in itself should be the question and the other question is this:

How can one even know if they are on the know fly list? After all, there should be a means and way to find out, beyond purchasing a ticket and then finding out after that.

Now are there valid threats on this list that should not have access to a weapon, yes there are, and why are those who set up this list, who athorized its creation so bent on allowing for those threats to get access and purchase weapons?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

It's real simple. Unless your a white male, it does not matter. Then they get to tell you what you can do with your body. Well, until it affects them.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Guns are simply tools, some people use the tools at their disposal correctly and others do not.

Morals cannot be legislated and that is why there is this Constitution thingie out there to keep the government moral.

In reality, people dying in whichever way they do is a non-event and has never been an issue except when it comes to blaming someone for it.

If the only thing that would kill an immortal were a gun, it would be an issue, but people die all sorts of different ways and always have and always will.

The media is the one blowing everything out of proportion and people blow things out of proportion and everybody gets all worked up about all of these non events.

I don't mean to be insensitive but I don't have the time to be sensitive to the issues of unreasonable people.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm not scared of a gun grab in the US. It won't happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

to bad for them they dont get due process is that what you are saying??

Apparently. They don't give due process to the people they murder, so back at 'em.

You will have your way, and terrorists will continue to buy guns. Hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

I'm not scared of a gun grab in the US. It won't happen.

Of course it won't happen. This entire conversation is idiotic, except of course, for the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

How very snarky of you! I guess preserving our rights makes us all cowards. Frankly, I think anyone willing to roll over and let them take their rights without a fight is more a coward.

Good luck trying to fend off those people without is, I for one would never lift an eyebrow for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Irishhaf

to bad for them they dont get due process is that what you are saying??

Apparently. They don't give due process to the people they murder, so back at 'em.

You will have your way, and terrorists will continue to buy guns. Hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.

So you are saying every single citizen on the lists is guilty of a crime?

Who on a terror watch list or no fly list has gone on a shooting spree?

Orlando shooter wasnt on a list when he bought the guns or when he shot up the night club last I read... so who are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
House Republicans Have Agreed To Hold A Vote On Gun Control

"I don't know what that is now, but I think we're going to keep fighting," he said. "The American people need to know that the Republicans are going to join with us to put some sane gun laws in place."

So will common sense prevail or will nothing come of it? Maybe the right is getting tired of mass shootings also.

The left and the right have been pushing for a no fly no buy law.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

But that darned Constitution thing just keep getting in their way. Too bad for them. Do it right or don't do it at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Which constitution, the one before or after the Patriot Act? We have lost other freedoms. I can see why gun control is perceived as incrementalism the way some our other freedoms disappeared.

* FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION: Government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity to assist terror investigation.

* FREEDOM OF INFORMATION: Government has closed once-public immigration hearings, has secretly detained hundreds of people without charges, and has encouraged bureaucrats to resist public records requests.

* FREEDOM OF SPEECH: Government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone that the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.

* RIGHT TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: Government may monitor federal prison jailhouse conversations between attorneys and clients, and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.

* FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCHES: Government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.

* RIGHT TO A SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL: Government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial.

* RIGHT TO LIBERTY: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I agree with all of that, yes. But, does that mean even though we lost those battles, we sit back and let them ream us again? All due to "fear" and the need to "do something for the children"? No, I think not. It has to stop, and I refuse to sit back and let them continue. It was those exact same reasons those items you mentioned happened in the first place. Are you going to fall for the same lies over and over again? Me no way. Others, not so much. That is their decision, and a memory of giving up that they must live with for the rest of their lives.

edit on 7/3/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Why did it take gun control to make you wake up? What about the rights women have been under since 2010, whether anyone likes it or not, their right to choose? There is no going back now for any of us. The intent of the constitution has been lost. Like someone once said, it is just a piece of paper now.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

With all due respect, you do not know me, nor do you know the fight I have actively been a part of since 9/11. So, I suggest you do not judge those you do not know.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Nothing personal. The debate about gun control using the constitution is just a moot one now.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Nothing personal. The debate about gun control using the constitution is just a moot one now.

How could I not take it personal when you used the word "you" in the post? Stating it as...

Why did it take gun control to make you wake up?

...indicates that prior to this debate I was asleep. Does it not? I do not know what "timeline" you are from, but that sure seems like a statement directed at me being asleep and only "waking up" to fight the gun control debate.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

So you wanna debate gun control and the constitution or your hurt feelings?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join