It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Have Agreed To Hold A Vote On Gun Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
a reply to: JoeLowUSA
If ordered to, of course.

I'm not afraid of a big talking gun owner.
well then YOU shredder of souls are a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: amazing

No we don't all agree.

There are many factors when it comes to violence in a society.

One of the most irrelevant is guns. Across the world you can see how much of an impact gun laws have on crime.

People think it's laws that prevent shootings, but they don't.

If congress was serious about ending violence they'd end the war on drugs. They would reform criminal justice and education systems so it isn't all just a pipeline to prison. They would lift all the corporate written barriers to economic liberalization.

Everywhere I look whether they have guns or not, socioeconomic factors such as the ones I mentioned above play HUGE roles in whether violence is disproportionately represented in statistics or not.

Right On!! $tar for you!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
They are going to hold the vote, then there will be a good chance that it will fail as the house republicans will not want to tackle this issue and ultimately it may very well fail in the house.

Now here is the thing, the threshold of the public is tired of all of the shootings, and are wanting congress to do something, anything. And more and more pressure is is being brought to bear against the Congress on this issue, and the NRA is losing this battle. The main question that is on the minds of everyone is this: If a person is on the no fly list or on a terror watch list, how is it that they can not fly, be under FBI survellience, and yet still have the right and ability to get a fire arm?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It has less to do with the list and more to do with the how and why someone is put on the list. Moreover, how they get off of the list.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
They are going to hold the vote, then there will be a good chance that it will fail as the house republicans will not want to tackle this issue and ultimately it may very well fail in the house.

Now here is the thing, the threshold of the public is tired of all of the shootings, and are wanting congress to do something, anything. And more and more pressure is is being brought to bear against the Congress on this issue, and the NRA is losing this battle. The main question that is on the minds of everyone is this: If a person is on the no fly list or on a terror watch list, how is it that they can not fly, be under FBI survellience, and yet still have the right and ability to get a fire arm?

Well, the honest answer to those questions are in the rules and requirements to be out on that list in the first place. Do you know what they are? Is a judge involved in the decision? Can someone being considered for the list fight it in court, present evidence, force the prosecution to PROVE they are guilty and should be on that list? From your post here, I believe you do not know. Because the answer to each is NO.

To state is as clearly as possible, there is no due process, none, zero, nada, required to be put on these lists. Therefore, preventing someone from exercising their 2nd Amendment right by the simple fact of being on this list is removing due process form that decision. It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL......period....and of discussion.

Put due process into the requirement to be put on the list, and then we can discuss making it a requirement to strip someone of their constitutionally protected rights. Anything less is unacceptable in this country.

Is that clear enough an answer for you????

edit on 6/30/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Due process? As was pointed out earlier in the thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
OK , can we stop hearing from the cowards who are afraid of the boogy man around every corner.

How about the real people who have actual fears? Must this country live by cowards afraid of their own shadows who live in fear and are afraid of their own shadows, who think we are out to grab their guns...according to them... we are around every little corner, every little open window or every stained underwear..

edit on 1-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Thanks for confirming you're just another troll.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So nothing... nobody has a common sense gun law that would stop mass shootings?

If its common sense... I would think its pretty easy to point out what I am missing...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

OK , can we stop hearing from the cowards who are afraid of the boogy man around every corner.

How about the real people who have actual fears? Must this country live by cowards afraid of their own shadows who live in fear and are afraid of their own shadows, who think we are out to grab their guns...according to them... we are around every little corner, every little open window or every stained underwear..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Sure. As a Veteran, an ex-federal employee and a contractor in the private sector...

The chances of this happening in any meaningful way is slim to nil.

As I pointed out from your own OP source.

The come and take it mentality is applauded nearly around the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesungod

Sure. As a Veteran, an ex-federal employee and a contractor in the private sector...

The chances of this happening in any meaningful way is slim to nil.

As I pointed out from your own OP source.

The come and take it mentality is applauded nearly around the world.

So you admit, your fear is unwarranted , you have lived a life without scurrying ..
Do you need multiple guns to keep your cowardice safe or was an imaginary gun good enough to keep your make believe threat safe..

edit on 1-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
So From What I'm getting from this topic is the following and very worrying indeed. I live in Australia we have strict guns law's here. Since guns were banned here. Handily any mass shootings. I am 30 I never ever seen a gun in my life. And I've never seen someone shoot a gun. And I have never personally seen anyone been in danger at all. We are all very safe here. And When I see America. The amount of deaths caused by guns over there scares me.

What I'm getting from this topic is you would prefer the insane, criminals, mentally depressed, people on wanted list's to have guns. You would prefer to not have a vote on that. How crazy is that??? Seriously. Just a little bit of common sense can go a long way.

No way should guns be completely banned especially in the U.S but just a little bit of common sense would really help out.

It's the people who have nothing else to lose who are mostly involved in mass shootings. People who are depressed, bullied, etc. They are the main causes of the shootings, and at the end of the day it's all about the person behind the gun. Not the gun itself.

So seriously. Common sense should prevail. And if your against a law which bans criminals, and bans people from no fly lists to have guns. OMG. I really don't know what you guy's are on.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MattHealthy

Or you can see it their way...BOOO.bogeyman has a gun and out of all the mass shootings..you can stop this one...but only this one and according them to them it make sense..the one and rare gun stoppage of a gun massacre makes up for all gun violence.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MattHealthy

Ill ask you then... what constitutional law would stop a mass shooter?

The caveat in this case revolves around due process for the American citizens on the No fly lists that have not committed a crime, or even been accused of a crime in a court of law, since it is a secret list they are not able to confront their accuser and its difficult to get yourself off the list, plus it flips innocent until proven guilty... and goes with guilty until you prove your innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.

I am open to the idea of stricter gun control, but the arguments being made by the left have zero basis in reality, its either emotional or police state style, and both fail the constitutional check.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: got rid of a line.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
I will literally die before my grandfather's gun is taken by anyone.

I pity the young enforcer who is first through the door.

Pass all the laws that you want.

No! Not ever!

Have fun in jail then, or 6 feet under. I hear the food is fantastically bad.

All I'm seeing is Democracy in action. What is wrong with voting on it? At least a discussion will be had, as opposed to being yelled at and bullied into an opinion by one of the many loud NRA voices.

I find it hilarious that the same people who yell so loudly "You can't change the second Amendment" are also so willing to throw the rest of the Constitution down the drain by not wanting a vote on the subject.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I am just trying to find this elusive common sense law that will stop mass shootings...

No fly no buy is dead in the water and rightfully so..

we dont have enough cops to enforce background checks on every single firearm exchange in the country... Checks in gun shows and gun stores/pawn shops should be there.

I dont see what other control options are out there that are constitutional..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Drama queens. I love the one about "my granddaddies gun! I will die first"! lol. Drama drama drama.
Ain't no drama like gun drama.

Of course this won't pass. It will fail, and since many level-headed Americans want it to pass (they don't want terrorists to have guns) the ones who vote against it will have to go home and be criticized by those sane people, and when they see their congressman's name on a list who voted against it, they will think "maybe it's time for a new congressman".

That is the reason for the vote. Just another day of politicking

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So any american on the lists... to bad for them they dont get due process is that what you are saying??

Also orlando shooter wasnt on a watch list when he bought the guns... so yea still wouldnt have stopped him.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It has taken me a long time to understand why republicans are so against any kind of gun control law. The abortion issue has enlightened me. It is called "incrementalism". Like a game of jenga, take an issue and remove one block at a time, til it all falls apart. Like they did with unions and financial laws and the post office.... Yes, I get it, you should be very afraid of that system of taking your rights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join