It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Have Agreed To Hold A Vote On Gun Control

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
a reply to: JoeLowUSA
If ordered to, of course.

I'm not afraid of a big talking gun owner.

You should be afraid because some old granny might be packing something
loaded with hollow points in her purse.I know that I do and I will never give
up mine.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Agreed whole heartedly.
I just got a new mossberg 464 spx. Going to the ranch for the fourth.

I bet everyone will call it an ar-15...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So you support theft? I've got quite a bit of money invested in my firearms and I'll be damned if someone is just going to take them!

You can talk like a badass behind your keyboard, but when push comes to shove, you and your type wont be taking squat from anyone! I guarantee it!

(post by JoeLowUSA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am not anti gun, I am anti crazy, anti mass killing...etc.

By the way calling me names really does nothing to me but make me laugh.

You do know that if there was a gun grabbing order, it won't be something that is unprepared and would be something very well prepared and organized and would be ready for any kind of resistant. I hope it doesn't come to that because there will be a lot of deaths on your side.

It does make me laugh that the people who are calling me a keyboard warrior are the ones doing exactly that.
edit on 30-6-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

So again.. what "common sense" law would have stopped the orlando shooter?

Or the mother in Texas?

Or Lanza?

or Charles whitmen?

Or any of the thousands of gang/crime related shootings each year?

Please remember Constitutional... and does not violate due process are two very important factors if you want to actually have a discussion about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We need to put a sunset clause on every law. That'd keep the lawmakers so busy they'd stop threatening our rights.

They're gonna go too far, rile somebody to the point of action ... and then they'll be sorry.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
We need to put a sunset clause on every law. That'd keep the lawmakers so busy they'd stop threatening our rights.

They're gonna go too far, rile somebody to the point of action ... and then they'll be sorry.

The oath keepers have been taking action fot years now. Just ask they are all action. Actions include typing, logging onto internets, inserting emoticons, and sometimes bolding words.

Thank you oath keepers.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If the GOP caves in on this issue ?

FIRE THEIR SNIPS.

Then.

FIRE the Democrats.

NO MORE LAWS.

For something that a SMALL percentage of the population is NEVER going to follow.

You can not legislate human behavior.

Only punish those after the fact that didn't have anything to do with ANYTHING.

You just don't understand human nature...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Been a while since I ran across someone threatening Americans..

You can take your chances. It's the confiscator that will make the first move. Don't be surprised if they don't make it much farther passed that.

edit on 30 6 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What part of these proposed new laws, stipulations etc. say how they are gonna get Mr. Criminal to give a fck about them and follow?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
What part of these proposed new laws, stipulations etc. say how they are gonna get Mr. Criminal to give a fck about them and follow?

They'll put the lettering in bold. Maybe a different font.

That'll do it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
2 Things.

A. We should have votes on "Gun Control" or Gun Laws or whatever. Nothing wrong with voting on stuff...that's freedom and that's why I live in the United States of America.

B. What the heck does Gun Control mean? That's a stupid term that we need to stop using. We all agree that there should be some laws of some kind in the USA regarding Guns. We need to stop using stupid blanket terms like "Gun Control" and we need to be able to have reasonable discussions about Gun Laws without frothing at the mouth. I would like some laws regarding guns here in the USA. LOL Jesus!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Should we have speech control votes?

How about votes to limit any other rights?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

No we don't all agree.

There are many factors when it comes to violence in a society.

One of the most irrelevant is guns. Across the world you can see how much of an impact gun laws have on crime.

People think it's laws that prevent shootings, but they don't.

If congress was serious about ending violence they'd end the war on drugs. They would reform criminal justice and education systems so it isn't all just a pipeline to prison. They would lift all the corporate written barriers to economic liberalization.

Everywhere I look whether they have guns or not, socioeconomic factors such as the ones I mentioned above play HUGE roles in whether violence is disproportionately represented in statistics or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I would like to see a video of this. Willing to bet it would be the highest viewed video in the history of the internet.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

First , the term is firearm. Not gun . Guns could encompass water toys.
Next , again a fallacy and a false narrative that "guns" kill people. How many "guns" are locked away in our prison system ? When are the times guns have been prosecuted ? All I see are evil people .

But , no . The left still spouting their useless , irrelevant , tripe rhetoric . Even when confronted by logical information. If the left would
and use logic instead of emotion , perhaps there would be something done. But I fear this nonsense will continue . For what , the 4000 time ?

The Republican stance is pretty much the laws already on the books. Perhaps if we could get Obama to let the FBI do their job and not "standing them down" during their investigations perhaps some of this could be averted . Recall , it was stated that the FBI had whats his name under investigation not once but twice ? He WAS on a no-fly no=buy list twice. But both times were asked to back off . By whom ? Who has that kind of power in the US ? Again I say , if you can answer that question you will know. And knowing is half the battle.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

More than 50% of people who own AR15s and AKs are veterans and police officers.

Gonna go take them on an order?

I'm a combat vet too. You'll have a hard time getting through my front door.

So good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

No we don't all agree.

There are many factors when it comes to violence in a society.

One of the most irrelevant is guns. Across the world you can see how much of an impact gun laws have on crime.

People think it's laws that prevent shootings, but they don't.

If congress was serious about ending violence they'd end the war on drugs. They would reform criminal justice and education systems so it isn't all just a pipeline to prison. They would lift all the corporate written barriers to economic liberalization.

Everywhere I look whether they have guns or not, socioeconomic factors such as the ones I mentioned above play HUGE roles in whether violence is disproportionately represented in statistics or not.

YES we do all agree we need some kind of gun laws. It's the types of laws that we differ on.

Are you really saying that anybody no matter age (12-14) and on a terrorist watch list can buy any kind of fully automatic Gun and we can carry any type of gun anywhere even on a plane or courthouse?

You're living in a dream world. I would love to have less government and less laws, but we have too many mentally ill people and criminals running around to have no laws. Think about what you're saying before you type stuff.

For the record, my belief is that the biggest issue we face in our society is mental illness when I comes to guns like that lady that shot her two daughters. She was mentally ill. That's where our focus should be.

But make no mistake, I don't want my 12 year old son buying a handgun. That means we need some common sense laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
My daughter cried the first time that she pulled the trigger because she was so scared. One shot then she put the gun down and hugged me and cried.

After she regained her composer she picked it back up, emptied the clip down range then asked if I would buy her one.

She was just as freaked out about guns as most panicky gun grabbers until she took one in her hands and owned her fear. She was 17.

Guns aren't scary. People are scary. Fear rules people but they want to blame an object instead of admitting their afraid.

I fear 18 yos texting and driving way more than i fear a gun owner losing his mind.
LOL Right!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join