It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Have Agreed To Hold A Vote On Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"I don't know what that is now, but I think we're going to keep fighting," he said. "The American people need to know that the Republicans are going to join with us to put some sane gun laws in place."

So will common sense prevail or will nothing come of it? Maybe the right is getting tired of mass shootings also.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just in case you think Trump is for anything different.

Trump says he'll meet with NRA to discuss gun ban for those on no-fly list

I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 15, 2016

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

What part of criminals don't obey laws is complicated? It is not the average law abiding gun owner killing these people.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So what magical law would have stopped any of the recent shootings?

and I am not talking about waving the magic wand of hogwarts to make all guns disappear... I am talking about constitutional laws, that do not violate the due process of American citizens?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Paul Ryan is a RINO.

I support ZERO new laws. Until our current laws are enforced, nothing will change!

In all these talks about "mass shootings" and "Scary black guns", I never hear places like Chicago being brought up. There has been 1900+ shootings there this year. Why is there no demand to curb that? It's always "we need more common sense laws".

Leave the second amendment alone FFS!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hopefully common sense will prevail but they seem determined to strip people of their rights based on Stasi type anti-freedom watch list.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Common sense? Pal, without the right to bear arms so we can fight tyranny THERE IS NO UNITED STATES. No offense but, I find your lack of understanding as to why WE ARE GARANTEED THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS to be highly disturbing.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Isn't it obvious that no US politician gives a single damn about rights, liberties?

This is why I can't stand republicans as much as I detest democrats!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I will literally die before my grandfather's gun is taken by anyone.

I pity the young enforcer who is first through the door.

Pass all the laws that you want.

No! Not ever!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
I will literally die before my grandfather's gun is taken by anyone.

I pity the young enforcer who is first through the door.

Pass all the laws that you want.

No! Not ever!

My sentiments exactly!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

"I don't know what that is now, but I think we're going to keep fighting," he said. "The American people need to know that the Republicans are going to join with us to put some sane gun laws in place."

So will common sense prevail or will nothing come of it? Maybe the right is getting tired of mass shootings also.

Yes, we get that you are for Authoritarian Hilary Clinton and for stripping law-abiding citizens of their rights. There is no 'gun-control' that will keep firearms out of the hands of criminals.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My daughter cried the first time that she pulled the trigger because she was so scared. One shot then she put the gun down and hugged me and cried.

After she regained her composer she picked it back up, emptied the clip down range then asked if I would buy her one.

She was just as freaked out about guns as most panicky gun grabbers until she took one in her hands and owned her fear. She was 17.

Guns aren't scary. People are scary. Fear rules people but they want to blame an object instead of admitting their afraid.

I fear 18 yos texting and driving way more than i fear a gun owner losing his mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It says right in the link that you provided that Ryan hasn't decided which bill will be voted on. It could very well be the one that the GOP wrote

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

According to The Hill, Ryan told Republicans on a conference call "that the House will take up a terrorism package that will include measures to disrupt radicalization and recruitment, as well as a provision to prevent suspected terrorists from purchasing guns."

Exactly which bill the House would take up was unclear from the conference call, The Hill reported. Because it's unclear which bill will be brought to the floor, The New York Daily News noted that Ryan could "select a bill considered too weak by most Democrats."

From the OP source. Not necessarily a gun control thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If the GOP caves in on this issue ?

FIRE THEIR SNIPS.

Then.

FIRE the Democrats.

NO MORE LAWS.

For something that a SMALL percentage of the population is NEVER going to follow.

You can not legislate human behavior.

Only punish those after the fact that didn't have anything to do with ANYTHING.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
Just in case you think Trump is for anything different.

Trump says he'll meet with NRA to discuss gun ban for those on no-fly list

I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 15, 2016

lol no fly list
Push anti Trump all you like it will not matter.
www.aclu.org...

PORTLAND, Ore. – In a landmark ruling, a federal judge struck down as unconstitutional the government’s procedures for people on the No Fly List to challenge their inclusion. The decision came in an American Civil Liberties Union lawsuit brought on behalf of 13 Americans who found themselves on the list without any notice, reasons, or meaningful way to get off it.

Guess Trump won't be seeing about people on the no fly list not buying guns.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

Due Process is a bitch.
Suspected is not good enough.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Dear shredder of bandwidth will you personally be taking my guns or similarly to my money will you be supporting someone else taking it from me because you don't have be wherewithal to do so yourself?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It really won't matter how the politicians' vote because bottom line...
I will never give up my firearms to anyone!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeLowUSA
If ordered to, of course.

I'm not afraid of a big talking gun owner.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join