It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president will not allow US immigrants if Trump wins Potus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Obvious fake story is obvious however... my smug fellow Americans there is an illegal American problem in Mexico.

It's estimated that 1 million or so American citizens live in Mexico, many of them retirees who head south of the border to enjoy the warm weather, great food and lower cost of living. These retirees are generally welcomed (they bring with them economic benefits), and Mexico has a visa for such people — the "Residente Temporal" which targets people who do not work in Mexico and are economically self-sufficient.

Whether out of ignorance or a desire to get around the sometimes complicated nature of Mexican immigration law, however, some U.S. citizens in Mexico do not get documentation or end up overstaying their legally allowed period. It's unclear how many illegal immigrants from the United States reside in Mexico, though it is thought to be significant. "No one really knows how many of them there are in Mexico," Monica Mora, an expert on American migration in Mexico, told the BBC in 2012. "They are usually people who live for a while in Mexico and then return home. They do not stay indefinitely."

WaPo

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

nice save, seems more like your first post was directed at the mexican pres, and your second post is trying to cover that up and pretend you knew it was satire from the start.... shameful you dont have the balls to admit you thought it was legit when you posted. its pretty clear from your reaction in the second post you had only realized then that it was satire.

please, nothing shameful about it. if you care to go back and go through all my 5,795 posts you will find lots of time where i have apologized for making mistakes.
beside being a jr. member with only being here and registered for six months i don't think you have been around long enough to know what was on my mind.

that is unless you want to claim to be a long time lurker that's is, and had a distint dislike for me or this is a sock puppet account and your using it for that.

go back and check my posts i call them like i see them, and admit my mistakes.

edit on 30-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: neo96

Funny, I'm planning a trip to Mexico. I'll make sure to take lots of photos of all the wonderful people I meet, and the awesome places I visit.

Don't drink the water

I wouldn't exactly drink the water either in the USA especially Michigan....

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

When Mexico has over 30 million ILLEGAL American citizens then they can whine.

Until that day.

Blah.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Fake article aside.

Mexico is a # hole, nobody wants to live there and nobody in the USA cares what mexico's government thinks of anything.

Sooner or later, we will tire of your cesspool and the fun will be over.

You'd be surprised how large the American expat community in Mexico actually is. Cancun, all along the Mexican Riviera, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico City, etc. Many Americans call Mexico home.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Obvious fake story is obvious however... my smug fellow Americans there is an illegal American problem in Mexico.

It's estimated that 1 million or so American citizens live in Mexico, many of them retirees who head south of the border to enjoy the warm weather, great food and lower cost of living. These retirees are generally welcomed (they bring with them economic benefits), and Mexico has a visa for such people — the "Residente Temporal" which targets people who do not work in Mexico and are economically self-sufficient.
Whether out of ignorance or a desire to get around the sometimes complicated nature of Mexican immigration law, however, some U.S. citizens in Mexico do not get documentation or end up overstaying their legally allowed period. It's unclear how many illegal immigrants from the United States reside in Mexico, though it is thought to be significant. "No one really knows how many of them there are in Mexico," Monica Mora, an expert on American migration in Mexico, told the BBC in 2012. "They are usually people who live for a while in Mexico and then return home. They do not stay indefinitely."

WaPo

The difference is they are economically self-sufficient. and They do not stay indefinitely, unlike the leeches who come here.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh it's okay if they overstay their visas because eventually they leave?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

30 million? Captain Hyperbole strikes again.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Right because government census workers go door to door and ask if they are here legally.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right because government census workers go door to door and ask if they are here legally.

But least use a realistic number lol. 30 million like 30% the population of mexico!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Oh it's okay if they overstay their visas because eventually they leave?

At least they eventually leave, unlike the bloodsuckers that stay here forever.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

We no longer care about Snopes opinions ..www.factcheck.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Indeed, 38 million to 40 million illegal aliens were estimated to reside in the United States in 2007 - see Illegal Aliens: Counting the Uncountable by James H. Walsh, The Social Contract, Summer, 2007.

www.cairco.org...

Four experts who contributed to the 45-page study explained their findings that illegal aliens in the U.S. total at least 20 million, but perhaps as many as 38 million or more -- which far exceeds 8 to 12 million estimated by Homeland Security's Office of Immigration Studies new report, "Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States, January 2006" (released August 31, 2007, see www.dhs.gov... . The new study disputing the government figures was funded by Californians for Population Stabilization (CAPS) (www.capsweb.org) and published by The Social Contract Press (www.thesocialcontract.com).

www.capsweb.org...

'Hyperbole'!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Thats illegal immigrants overall dude.

Not all illegal immigrants are mexican.

In fact the majority will likely be from south America.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well I don't 'discriminate'.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah I guess illegal Americans just use the honor system too.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

How can we truly know?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I love how Nirvana is brought back...RIP Kurdt Cobain

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yeah I guess illegal Americans just use the honor system too.

ILLEGAL immigrants here in the US sure have.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join