It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupidity is the Next Social Justice Frontier

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The thread about the intern being fired for trying to tell her superiors what's what about their dress code (I'd link to it but I'm mobile and it's a pain in the ass) got me thinking.

I know that's dangerous so I'll be brief:

Millenials are, by and large, stupid. Employers know this, and are beginning to become wary of hiring them in first place (and it will get worse, I guarantee).

So what victim card is left to play anymore? Stupidity. Don't discriminate against me because I'm stupid.

All they know how to do to get what they want is whine and cry victimization.

Race has been covered. Sex (and orientation) has been covered. Age, disability, nationality, you name it--it's illegal to discriminate based on these traits.

Stupidity, on the other hand, is the one personality trait (if we can call it that) that has yet to be protected by law. Well, except for white, male, and Christian.

That the being the case, I fully expect stupidity to be the next civil rights crusade.

The rights of the stupid to gainful employment. It's coming.

edit on 6/30/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Being an idiot will be seen as a disability and then they'll just get government checks.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Already happening.

People are taking perverse pride in being common or regular... code for intellectually lazy.

The tragedy of our times is not the gap between the wealthy 1% and the rest...it is the the gap between the thoughtful/intelligent/curious and the stupid/tribal/dimwits who wear their ignorance like a badge

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't discriminate against me because I'm innate stupid
, blame the generation that made me

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ha ha ha........ reminds me a boomer, of the kids I used to work with in Utah, specifically from USU doing part time work with us to supplement their way...... When their laziness was showing or blatant not giving a damn, and being called out on it, the response was usually ..."lighten up, this is the 90's"

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Stop thinking so small, every generation had bad words for the next one.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What causes the stupidity?

Is it from lack of parenting because both need to work to provide?

Inconsistent discipline from too many sources?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Having the attention span of a wounded Bee...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Please don't scare me like that!

It's funny...but it shouldn't be because it could happen. It could happen fast within the current climate of change we're experiencing.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The government sanctions education curriculum standards so if the private sector expectations cannot be met, which they clearly cannot, then the government, as usual, is doing it wrong.

It is my opinion that this is by design, to churn out monkeys smart enough to push the button but too dumb to ask what it does.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
To be honest baby boomers ruined the world, and then they just blame millennials of all the crap they left

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
NthOther

Students are only as capable as their teachers make them. So, if millennials are stupid, who's fault is that? Their parents. The generation that was supposed to raise them "properly" failed miserably.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Returning Vet in Colorado at Ft Carson, I was approached by my room mate, from the deep south, because he could not read or write. His mother however could and sent him letters fairly regularly, about twice a month. He would have me read them, and if he wanted, write back for him. I never belittled, shamed or gloated ...... thus trust was gained. As time progressed, a couple more of the illiterate soldiers would approach me to do the same for them.

I always tried my hardest to make them comfortable with their inability, that I was the furthest from judgmental, and their secret was safe. They were return Vets also. To do any less........ well..... was not who I was.

However I admit I was a bit surprised and dumbfounded that in that day and age 1972, there were individuals incapable of reading or writing.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You mean the state?

Last I checked, parents raising their children as they see fit was frowned upon in our society.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
NthOther

Yet you still blame the millennials themselves when, clearly, they had nothing to do with the way they were raised.

That's intellectually profound.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Did I assign blame?

See. Here we go. The rationalization begins. They were born that way. Their parents raised them that way. It's not their fault.

Classic SJW civil rights framing.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
NthOther

Students are only as capable as their teachers make them. So, if millennials are stupid, who's fault is that? Their parents. The generation that was supposed to raise them "properly" failed miserably.

I think you have that backwards. Teaching in this day and age is about suppression of critical thinking and creativity. Look no further than the focus on standardized testing. It doesn't matter that the subjects are subjective and disgustingly incomplete, it is taught with zeal.

The parents I know have a hell of a time trying to correct the inaccuracies their kids are learning.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
NthOther

So then who's fault is it? Should the millennials (who were once children in need of shaping and teaching) have taught themselves? If it's not their parents' fault then who?

Also, making a blanket statement like this:

Millenials are, by and large, stupid.

Is intellectually dishonest. There is absolutely no proof that this claim is even remotely accurate.

Honestly, the boomer generation weren't the brightest bulbs in the box either, which is a generalization and wholly inaccurate.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
NthOther

Yet you still blame the millennials themselves when, clearly, they had nothing to do with the way they were raised.

That's intellectually profound.

That's any easy way out lol, typical. The millennials (most) should get self-motivated and learn on their own. Put away childish toys and become adults rather than whiny little bitches.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
So you're basically calling an entire generation stupid? We can't help that the generation before us sold us out. Our gripes are with the state of the world we have grown up in where work hours have become longer and pay lower all the whole the cost of living keeps rising.

Sorry if we don't see things as all rainbows and sunshine. We have reasons for being angry, the generation before us had it SOOO much easier than we do today.

I work nearly 50 hours every week yet still have to rely on food stamps to eat. Is that my fault? Or is it a product of a #ty economy that the generation before me facilitated and allowed to get to this point?
edit on 6/30/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join