It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A snowflake feels the heat at work.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I agree that the interns had no place to request a revision of the dress code policy, it was out of line, and thusly, they were let go....Clearly they lack an understanding of how the real world works, and how most corporate businesses are run both in practice and in image...Hopefully they learned from this unfortunate experience, and they can adult a little better the next go around. I do find the wording in this reaction post to be just as juvenile, and sad which is laughably ironic. All I can do is shake my head.

-Alee
edit on 6/30/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: nullafides

Folks... apparently, we've got some special snowflakes here in this thread today!

"Oh, you must have been hurt!" "Why are you so mean?"

Dedicated employee.... my ass.

Lol stop being a snowflake about snowflakes.

That's just lol cruelty

Hes awesome, he feels the need to tell us how he feels about people with feelings, such a special snowflake.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Here we go.

$50 to the first person who can use the word "snowflake" ten times in one grammatically correct sentence.

Outflake the snowflake.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Folks, this is just entirely TOO precious.

This is the kind of real world experience that apparently our kids, pardon me, "young adults" need. When I was a kid, it was made perfectly clear. If you wanted to sit with the adults, and you did not behave appropriately, you'd get slapped down pretty darn fast.

The proposal was written professionally like examples I have learned about in school, and our arguments were thought out and well-reasoned. We weren’t even given a chance to discuss it.

Awww, diddums! You did it exactly as you were taught in school? You felt that your arguments were thought out, well reasoned, and made good sense to you?

And given all of that, my poor, downtrodden, forced-to-wear-stuff-you-don't-like-because-it's-just-not-fair-and-you-really-shouldn't-have-to-do-something-so-soul-crushing-as-to-wear-the-attire-th at-your-managers-have-told-you-is-a-requirement-but-you're-special-and-mommy-always-let-you-wear-what-you-wanted, beautiful little snowflakes.......

You STILL got shown the door? Given the boot? Sacked? Fired? Maybe you need to protest that, too?

I have never had a job before (I’ve always focused on school)

No, really???

and I was hoping to gain some experience before I graduate next year. I feel my dismissal was unfair and would like to ask them to reconsider but I’m not sure the best way to go about it.

Maybe you could drop to the floor, spit out yer dummy, thrash wildly, scream and yell and cry, pound your fists....

Mommy might come kiss your emotional booboo....

I was fired from my internship for writing a proposal for a more flexible dress code

You just cannot fake this stuff. These pathetic excuses for "adults" are the future.

Just too funny.

Ok so I am sick of coming across a s a tossa

Let me rephrase your comments in a true employee employer relationship

A new person has a grievance, let's teach them we are all adults, valued and discuss the grievance

Let's hope HR picked a reasonable individual to be part of our team, short of working for a company who doesn't value their staff, stupid company that they are. HR, sometimes....

So you want to wear different clothes, I understand that
But Because of safety, professionalism, corporate identity we wear these clothes,they make people identify our brand with these key indicators...

Or be a dick and patronise people, I would leave your company and run it down at every chance I got, who's the SJW, loser buisness that doesn't respect people

I
Heads up, I work with people who f up all the time, so do I, nobody, nobody is above me or I them, we care about the company, we care for each othe, I need their support, they need me.
We need each other to earn wages, we help each other, we don't run each other down

Unless they support the Falcons, obviously

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I fail to see where you came off as grumpy here.

You pointed your finger, called a spade a spade, and not surprisingly, a few whiny babies are calling you a meany.

It is actually funny.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

And given all of that, my poor, downtrodden, forced-to-wear-stuff-you-don't-like-because-it's-just-not-fair-and-you-really-shouldn't-have-to-do-something-so-soul-crushing-as-to-wear-the-attire -that-your-managers-have-told-you-is-a-requirement-but-you're-special-and-mommy-always-let-you-wear-what-you-wanted, beautiful little snowflakes.......

First job I had was in a fast food restaurant. My uniform was made out of a material that was see through if the light was behind me. I was 16. I was the one that had to stand and wash the windows, which would have been fine if the uniform wasn't made see through with the light.
Then the manager felt that I didn't deserve my scheduled raise because of the teenage boys hanging around (not my friends).
I did not complain though. I quit.

Would I have been called a "precious little snowflake" because I didn't want the form of my body showing like that? And at that age, my body was good. I wasn't embarrassed because I was fat, I had what was referred to as "damn fine". But I was shy.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
nullafides

Alls I see is a snowflake crying about another snowflake.

It's a vicious cycle.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I love how the people complaining this rant is juvenile, don't have the literary sense to realize it's purposely so...

The rant succeeded in not only pointing out a grave truth about the next generation, but mocked them in the process.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I wonder... do you think the subject intern featured in the OP will use the same school approved methods when he gets his second job?
Or will it be his first job.... seeing as he was only an intern at his first one?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What we're forgetting is, we're talking about "interns".

It's not like they are actual people.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Where are you going to do your next stand-up performance?

There is a waterhole a few kliks from here called Nully
Guess i will have a slash there

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

You're an intern, your focus is to learn about the business. You're not supposed to care about the dress code. Rules are rules. The people that were wearing different shoes could of had a reason, medical or such. Maybe they should of asked that first instead of getting a petition. It doesn't really matter what generation you are from. I don't think they were being snowflakes as much as I think they weren't focusing on the task at hand .............their jobs.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You read AAM?????

You is "my people"!!!! and hiding in plain sight you are too! YAY!!!!!

RaggetyMan obviously missed the ENTIRE point of the article, but no surprise. I read it when it was posted and the take away for even an older worker was that corporate policy is what you agreed to when hired, or accepted the internship. Some things just are what they are. They usually don't change, or at best change S*L*O*W*L*Y. LOL!!!

We have problems across the board with new hires. Flat out the kids don't really want to work. They are appalled cell phones are not allowed, that you don't get a break till it's scheduled and YES...you have to punch in on time. Time isn't really "relative" either. SURPRISE!!!

On the bright side the more unreliable the younger workers are the more older workers are being sought in my area, a complete flip-flop from the past 15 years, so GREAT for me!!!

LOVE AAM and the posts about bad bosses ROCK!
I still miss WTF Wednesdays tho....Alison should have kept them. They were EPIC!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
She should have been fired.
The proposal was bad enough but the petition was to much.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I fail to see where you came off as grumpy here.

You pointed your finger, called a spade a spade, and not surprisingly, a few whiny babies are calling you a meany.

It is actually funny.

Dude dont be such a snowflake

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

You're an intern, your focus is to learn about the business. You're not supposed to care about the dress code. Rules are rules. The people that were wearing different shoes could of had a reason, medical or such. Maybe they should of asked that first instead of getting a petition. It doesn't really matter what generation you are from. I don't think they were being snowflakes as much as I think they weren't focusing on the task at hand .............their jobs.

Somewhat south
What does an intern earn
Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The proposal was not bad, it was a proposal, the lack of communication from the company, an indication that employees are cattle
Adults teach, discuss, reason

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

But that's the point, if your priority is your comfort above the job, that's snowflake-self-entitlement territory. The rational mentality is "what can I do to be a better employee?" not "I need to make the company comply with my desires". The nail in the coffin was that they weren't even an employee, only an intern...if that isn't laughable, I don't know what is.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The proposal was not bad, it was a proposal, the lack of communication from the company, an indication that employees are cattle
Adults teach, discuss, reason

Adults also follow directions.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

My step son started at 15.00 an hour.

Where I work it starting wage, 14.00 an hour.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join