It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Joint Base Andrews Under Lockdown After Report of Active Shooter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Is it possible the shooter has used the drill to help with the confusion?If so I'd guess he's stationed at the base.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: IAMTAT
Getting all kinds of different opinions on the news. I am going to wait and see.

I just...I don't...how do I take this? Someone is actually going to patiently wait and see what happens before making baseless assumptions?

You, sir, deserve an award

edit on 30-6-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Press conference soon.

link   

originally posted by: Martin75
NBC just reported that someone on the 3rd floor saw men with long riffles and called it in as an active shooter. It was part of the drill......

Yeah, saw that too. No active shooter situation at Andrews Air Force base: NBC News

People are scared of their own shadows these days, it seems.

NBC News later reported that there was no active shooter situation on the base, but the official "all clear" has yet to come.

Officials now believe that during an active shooter drill, there were two personnel walking around with long guns and someone at the medical center looked out the window and saw that, NBC News reported. That person phoned in saying they saw "active shooters," meaning the two people carrying guns who were engaged in the active shooter drill and who were not shooting.

Hmm

link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Is it possible the shooter has used the drill to help with the confusion?If so I'd guess he's stationed at the base.

My initial thought, too, but I'm just going to wait and see what comes of it before trying to assume anything.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
ALL CLEAR just announced.

Thank goodness!

Though now I wonder how much the news shows will be focusing on this and related topics to the detriment of other stories?

How much "gun violence" rhetoric will now be unleashed upon the masses?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Getting all kinds of different opinions on the news. I am going to wait and see.

I just...I don't...how do I take this? Someone is actually going to patiently wait and see what happens before making baseless assumptions?

You, sir, deserve an award

Problem IS/WAS the DOD and the Homeland Secretary went on TV to announce to the American people that it WAS NOT a drill.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is now one of the top, if not the top, news stories on all major networks.

Very convenient for those who wish other items of discussion to not garner as much attention.

But I'm just a mentally disturbed conspiracy theorist, so what do I know?
edit on 30-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: punctuation

Watch for more of the push to describe "gun violence" as a "national health emergency" in the wake of this incident.
edit on 30-6-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: typo and more to say

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Jeh - What? oh, it is not an angry white straight conservative Christian? hush hush hush.....

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111Because, as everyone knows, the most logical site to carry out your terrorist shooting is of course a heavily armed military base.

Actually, military bases are some of the least-armed places in America. Yes, there are a lot of "arms" on the base, but that doesn't mean that Service Members have quick or immediate access to them.

These people are crazy and want to inflict damage in the most televised way possible--what better than to attack a place that is assumed to be "heavily armed" in order to make your cause and organization seem strong and competent?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

G4S does contract security at Andrews.

This, however, looks like it is not an issue. The takeaway is that someone did notice and someone did say something. That is what should happen. I would rather have a false alarm then 20 dead.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Okay, but we still, as far as I can tell, have no definitive information as to the shooter, motive, or injuries. Am I wrong on that? (sorry, I'm not completely focused on this event right now)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Okay, but we still, as far as I can tell, have no definitive information as to the shooter, motive, or injuries. Am I wrong on that? (sorry, I'm not completely focused on this event right now)

Yes. there were no specifics as to the 'shooter' offered...other than the administration declaring to the American people that it was a "Real World Threat".

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: Urantia1111

Military bases are usually gun free except for MPs.

And the armory.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What does active shooter mean? At some point are they non active like taking a nap?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

For what it's worth, I have a hunch this was an aborted black op.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

It does have that feel.

Perhaps it was to be another "work place violence" incident to continue the need for the "gun control" drumbeat.

The official story went out before it could be completed.

Maybe the perp got interrupted by a good guy and they took each other out and the story had to be changed.

There would have to be too many people in on it for that to work though.

Wasn't there a press conference?

What's the latest?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It does.

I've not looked at any media regarding this event but was following along as members posted about it. It seemed the press was ready to run with it and jumped the gun, so to speak.

"Maybe the perp got interrupted by a good guy..." I hope you're correct and that's what occurred.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join