It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amb. Stevens' Sister: Don't Blame Clinton for Benghazi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
CNN

Anne Stevens Sullivan, the sister of Ambassador Christopher Stevens, states that the State department was underfunded and that is the cause.

She states that her brother had great confidence in Secretary Clinton and said that she intensely understood issues.

Stevens also said that "it doesn't look like there's anything new" in the Benghazi reports released by House Republicans and Democrats earlier this week after two years spent investigating the 2012 attacks, and she expressed frustration with the politicization of the tragedy that killed her brother.

She goes on to say:

Stevens said that her brother fully understood the risks of his mission in Benghazi but thought it was too important for the U.S. to have a presence in Libya for him to not be there, emphasizing that it was "something he took on himself." and "to use Chris's death as a political point -- is not appropriate."

After untold sums have been spent on on a seemingly unending investigation, when the facts have been known for several years, finally the investigation is finished. Hopefully our embassies and smaller installations such as the one where the attack took place will be properly funded in the future by Congress.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Aside from many other assets to draw upon eg, Military, private contractors, CIA, US Congress etc...and still have $50 billion in discretionary funds and, I don't recall the amount $7-8 billion in overseas contengency...

Since when is that frickien under funded?

7 million on an investigation is pennies compared to the afore mentioned waste.

mg

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

You say the 'congress, etc.'. It is the Congress that funds. I suppose the point was that embassies and smaller installations were underfunded for security. A budget gets approved and funds have to go to where they are approved to go to. I suppose you would have to add up all of the embassies and smaller installations costs for security and see how much was given for security overall. Then you might see 'frickien underfunded'.

edit on 30-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

A very valid point. My real question in regards to this whole thing is this...

CBS News has learned that during the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, the Obama Administration did not convene its top interagency counterterrorism resource: the Counterterrorism Security Group, (CSG).

"The CSG is the one group that's supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies," a high-ranking government official told CBS News. "They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon."

Source

The attack was not Clinton's fault, it was the terrorists. The under funding was not Clintons fault, if they were in fact underfunded.

However she knowingly participated in the video lie.

She also could have pushed or perhaps even convened the CSG. I know the Secretary of Defense can, I am unsure if State can.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Guess they should have said F##K it and dropped the fast and furious mission when the guy got hit,and reverted to STANDARD alert support elements ...but they didn't ,they wrote him off didn't they?
They didn't even HAVE a secure station ,clearly illustrating the incompetent shoestring ops the Progs run that NEVER work EVEN if the ignorant CLOWNS COULD keep a secret.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

I don't know why or what they could have done during that time frame.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I don't even know what progs are. The investigation is over, I am not starting yet another here. I am only posting an article in regard to what the Ambassador's sister had to say.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

REALLY ,did you get that from your cell phone or a divination spell?

I DO!
THE FORCES were DENIED.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 30-6-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Progessives.
The Blight what ever they are...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
One can assume Stevens is "connected", and then ask...to whom?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I personally know some boys stationed at Sigonella who were fueling and arming a spectre to roll to Benghazi. It's about a 3 hour flight in a civilian plane from there to Benghazi.

They just never got the go order, but they were not told to stand down either.

There also are SEALS and MARSOC at Sigonella as well.

Also some pretty fancy jets too, which are much faster than spectres.
edit on 30-6-2016 by thesungod because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My cell phone? A divination spell? You make no sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Progessives.
The Blight what ever they are...

So progressives are exclusively running operations there and also cannot keep secrets. Got it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hicks told congressional investigators that if the U.S. had quickly sent a military aircraft over Benghazi, it might have saved American lives. The U.S. Souda Bay Naval Base is an hour's flight from Libya.

Wow, that's even closer. I didn't realize we had forces in Crete. It's gotta be tiny.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thesungod

I am guessing the reasoning is in the investigation.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yes, of course Congress (which taxes, spends and appropriates)...the dang State Dept's budget is larger than 35-40 States' budgets.

Hell, NASA gets 1/2 or less than that...do they (congress) tell them where to spend it...no. This is why there are budgets, Congress does not manage every dime they appropriate. They (NASA) push for projects outside thier budget and request funding for such...by justifying the need for more funds.

A budget is presented and funded...

But if I look hard enough and had the time but; I will ask, how many cars (mainance etal.), gasoline bills, office leases, housing, flights, bonuses, office furniture, televisions, computers...good gawd the list coiuld be long....was waste?

57 billion dollars...think of that. 10% (or close to) the military budget? twice that of Social Security and damn near the amount on education in the US? That is 150 Reliant Stadiums each and every year to give you a picture.

Under funded no, mismanaged yes.

mg

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

It is. The report sorta blames the military for being slow. They were only slow because the CSG was not convened and not one knew who to call or where to call.

It's pretty much SOP to get the CSG rolling during a terror attack. They convened it for Orlando for example.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I believe some is discretionary. A budget has to show line items in the approval process. Maybe we have too many embassies and missions to fund.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The ghost of Ambassador Stevens could come back from the Great Beyond and state, on national media, televised across the globe that Hillary Clinton was not responsible for his death and he would be accused of being a Clinton shill.

This is not about facts, this is about belief. NINE Congressional investigations have failed to find wrong-doing in what Clinton did or didn't do. NINE investigations have stated, clearly, that there was nothing to do to save these four Americans.

The fact that their memories are still batted around like political ping-pong balls almost four years after their deaths is absurd.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Plain and simple, the state dept is responsible for it.

If Hillary couldn't get the funding needed for security she should have pulled the ambassador and everyone else.

It isn't up to the ambassador to decide what he feels good about, it is up to the freaking secretary of state to determine safety and security of such installations. If the funding wasn't coming the people should have been pulled.

This all falls directly on Hillary. There are no excuses. She let people die.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join