It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami drug bust nets mind blowing $24 MILLION in cash.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Miami-Dade drug bust yields $24 million in cash

MIAMI LAKES, Fla. - A raid of the home of a suspected Miami-Dade drug trafficker turned up a whopping $24 million in cash, all sealed in buckets.

Tuesday's bust also turned up several packages of steroids and a high-powered automatic weapon.

Based on information from the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Miami-Dade Police Narcotics Bureau raided the Miami Lakes home of Luis Hernandez-Gonzalez and Salma Hernandez.

During the raid, authorities found the buckets concealed within the walls of the home. The money was grouped in bundles of $100 bills.

Hernandez-Gonzalez, 44, is the owner of Blossom Experience, a Miami store that specializes in equipment to facilitate indoor gardening.

Hernandez-Gonzalez was being investigated as part of a group trafficking marijuana out of Tennessee. The investigation includes wiretaps of Hernandez-Gonzalez sharing tips with an unnamed person on how to properly care for marijuana plants.

You read that correctly, $24 MILLION.

Thats hard earned money, give it back!

They had so much money coming in, they couldnt launder it fast enough.

CRAZY!!!

So who thinks it started out as $25 million? Wink wink.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Those are people who just did not know when to quit and retire.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Blew your mind?

20 years ago I muled contraband across the US for ten grand CASH.

I was paid in twenties. That stack took forever to count.

24 mill in cash? I suckled from that teet 2 decades ago. Are you shocked by a dollar amount in the millions being in cash? Because you should Google cash flights into Iraq.

Go ahead... I'll wait here.

edit on 06Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:56:49 -05001020166America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

I'm back...

what googlfer had to say
edit on 06Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:14:19 -05001120166America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

So none of you are going to comment on how 24 million isn't an amount worthy of your attention?

Cash! Brought to you buy LENDERS.

LENDERS

edit on 06Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:19:18 -05001120166America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

edit on 06Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:22:25 -05001120166America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I read this earlier. What I found interesting is that $1 million in one hundred dollar bills fits in a single 5 gallon bucket. How convenient is that?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

If Florida was smart, they would pass a Marijuana Bill quikly. They have Sun and Humidity. Snakes and Gators to guard that Cash Crop. And an entire nation ready for decriminalization of a substance that has never started a Bar Brawl anywhere😉.
Seriously.... walk into a bar at 2 am and watch fights.... and what are the stoners doing at that hour?! Buying TacoBell and Gaming!😆 perhaps solving complex mathematical equations.

Again, I don't do it because it's still illegal. Since college.... true story.

The money amount found is only a testimony of goodness that comes from this. Ewwwww I'm a baadd right sided government supporter thinking in line of the medium isle.

Gosh, next I'm thinking of common sense Stem Cell research for cures😊.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This money should all be donated to people in need, but we all know the crooks at the Government will just keep it to fund more conspiracies against the public.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Size reference 😊

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This money should all be donated to people in need, but we all know the crooks at the Government will just keep it to fund more conspiracies against the public.

Good point👍
So let the public have access to it like growing normal garden variety plants and herbs. If I can grow hops, corn or potatoes in my garden, then why not?
Not even verbatim. But like you are pointing out... put it in the law abiding citizens grasp.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
Blew your mind?

20 years ago I muled contraband across the US for ten grand CASH.

I was paid in twenties. That stack took forever to count.

24 mill in cash? I suckled from that teet 2 decades ago. Are you shocked by a dollar amount in the millions being in cash? Because you should Google cash flights into Iraq.

Go ahead... I'll wait here.

I'm back...

what googlfer had to say

So none of you are going to comment on how 24 million isn't an amount worthy of your attention?

Cash! Brought to you buy LENDERS.

LENDERS

Counting five hundred 20's shouldn't really take all that long lol.

And while 24 million cash IS small change in the grand scheme of things, it's still a lot more than what most of us have in buckets, in our walls.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It shouldn't go anywhere until they've been convicted of a crime and the money has been conclusively demonstrated to be the ill-begotten gains of that crime (or those crimes). Anything less than that — e.g. civil asset forfeiture — is unconstitutional as all hell and with good reason.

Somehow nobody is doing anything about it. I guess it's not the kind of partisan issue that politicians can use to score points with.

Anyway, if they are convicted and the money can be proven to be proceeds of the crimes for which they are convicted, then it should go basically anywhere except to a law enforcement agency. I can scarcely imagine a worse situation than law enforcement agencies having a profit motive for seizing peoples' property.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Metallicus

It shouldn't go anywhere until they've been convicted of a crime and the money has been conclusively demonstrated to be the ill-begotten gains of that crime (or those crimes). Anything less than that — e.g. civil asset forfeiture — is unconstitutional as all hell and with good reason.

Somehow nobody is doing anything about it. I guess it's not the kind of partisan issue that politicians can use to score points with.

Anyway, if they are convicted and the money can be proven to be proceeds of the crimes for which they are convicted, then it should go basically anywhere except to a law enforcement agency. I can scarcely imagine a worse situation than law enforcement agencies having a profit motive for seizing peoples' property.

Easy to take the money. See America v. $124,700 in U.S. Currency.

Wiki link
edit on 30-6-2016 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Nothing compared to this...

www.infojustice.com...

That is what they do when the banks can't launder it all.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Once your busted with steroids and an automatic weapon there really isn't a stretch to understand where the money came from...most millionaires keep their money in a bank because that is where it should be kept...they don't just keep it hidden in buckets.

Do you think Bill Gates keeps his hidden in buckets around the house...no he doesn't, but those trying to keep it hid from the government do.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The more amazing part is that they caught the people. The cops and politicians are often on board so it must have been a rival who was giving more hush money.

This is nothing. Some of the gang leaders have all kinds of holdings and real estate to launder money.

Pretty sure they all do it with inside help.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

that's a lot of cash. but not surpassing. drugs can be a lucrative business.

one of Pablo Escobar's little brothers said that he was making so much money, that he lost about a billion a year because the rats ate it in storage or damaged by water or lost. and the they spent about $2500 a month to rubber bands to bundle it up.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would have gave up at 1 million were they trying to buy the world like c'mon 24 million just give up already.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
The more amazing part is that they caught the people. The cops and politicians are often on board so it must have been a rival who was giving more hush money.

This is nothing. Some of the gang leaders have all kinds of holdings and real estate to launder money.

Pretty sure they all do it with inside help.

QFT

Wasn't an entire Florida police force implicated in drug running and money laundering?

This kind of activity had to have been on the radar for a long time. These people either refused to pay the 'protection' fee (i.e. give which ever agency that's on the take and responsible for operations in their area) or they pissed off those folks enough so that the money coming in no longer mattered and a personal vendetta was declared.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
how has the money now?
and how much realy?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That's nothing there multiple hundred million dollar drug deals happening monthly.

How do you think there's drugs on every street corner in the country?

top topics

join