It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen dies after being shot in face while playing with gun

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
got my young son a cool nerf gun a couple years ago.

lesson#1, never point the gun in your face to check for anything. took him about 30 seconds to look down the barrel. its just what kids do.

so sad

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

lesson#1, never point the gun in your face to check for anything. took him about 30 seconds to look down the barrel. its just what kids do.

so sad

Maybe it's bad genes.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Disassmble your guns THEN lock them up and keep defense weapons under personal control at all times.
Or become the next bad parent whom you indeed are if the offspring dies by your own tools.

But if you keep your guns disassembled and locked up, is there any merit to the argument that people should have guns because they help with home defense?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I do however agree they should be locked up and the parents only know where the key is.

Do you think kids are incapable of searching for a key? Unless you put the key on your keyring and physically carry it with you, a kid is going to find your hiding space. I guarantee you, if you ever regularly leave your kids alone at home they have gone through the entire place looking for whatever they can find. They probably know the hiding spots better than you do.

Right so then they should just not lock them up.......

Some peoples line of thinking to me is just not logical

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

so sad

Maybe it's bad genes.

best damn genes in the universe

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Unless a team hits you, yes Defensive arms are fine.
If you start hearing explosions and automatic fire THEN kit up.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I do however agree they should be locked up and the parents only know where the key is.

Do you think kids are incapable of searching for a key? Unless you put the key on your keyring and physically carry it with you, a kid is going to find your hiding space. I guarantee you, if you ever regularly leave your kids alone at home they have gone through the entire place looking for whatever they can find. They probably know the hiding spots better than you do.

My safe has a print scanner no key so unless I leave my hand at home guess no one us getting in.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

If your kids are educated on gun safety and trustworthy, would a lock even matter?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

took him about 30 seconds to look down the barrel. its just what kids do

Exactly, having guns around kids and telling them not to mess with them is like having a full cookie jar and asking them not to take any cookies- a predictable and stupid failure.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join