It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Food Seeks to Exempt Itself from the Freedom of Information Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
From Natural Blaze

27 June 2016

By Alex Pietrowski
www.naturalblaze.com...

. . .
The shift in the food industry towards chemical-laden products has allowed food corporations to create products that last longer, look better, and taste better to certain consumers. Certain chemicals in food products can be powerful enough to cause a physiological response in the body to create cravings, and even food addictions, and are used exactly for this purpose. Some additives, such as hormones and antibiotics, are used to support an expanding industrialized food production system. They are destroying small farms and humane farming practices in the process, while decreasing the quality and nutritional value of the end product…the food.
. . .
Take for example the recent combined effort of various agricultural commodity groups who have “successfully pushed for language to be included in the pending 2017 House Agricultural Appropriations Bill that “urges” the U.S. Department of Agriculture to exempt their respective promotional groups from Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.” (Source)
. . .
The report, “Spinning Food,” by Friends of the Earth shows that food and agro-chemical companies “have spent hundreds of millions of dollars in the past few years on stealth PR tactics, deploying over a dozen front groups to push coordinated messages attacking organic food production, defending pesticides and the routine use of antibiotics and promoting GMOs — messages that are making their way into the pages of our largest media outlets.” (Source)
. . .

I think that this is a very sobering and very telling article. I find it quite believable--even conservative--it could have been more shrill with good justification, imho.
I believe that this is an area where the oligarchy is gearing up to be it's most tyrannical and evil because it knows that food is such a powerful route through which to control, manipulate and even exterminate the serfs and slaves.
I think it is already too late to stop that sweep of history. Yet, as much as possible, I believe we should do all we can to slow down the hideous evils being inflicted on us by such globalist corporations and their tyrannical bosses.
I liked the listing of the front groups for BigAgra.
I'm curious how many ATSers agree with the article and how many think it's overblown. ????

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

What is sad is this is FOOD, we should have full access to what is in it and why.

Want to scare yourself? Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA. It basically means we have been using this chemical/ingredient (and there are plenty) for over 40 years, so it has to be safe. No tests, no studies. www.fda.gov...

/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/GRAS/default.htm
edit on 29-6-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I agree. Just the short article leading to "Spinning Food" is good. I have the .PDF up to read tomorrow.

Nice post.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

What is sad is this is FOOD, we should have full access to what is in it and why.

Want to scare yourself? Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA. It basically means we have been using this chemical/ingredient (and there are plenty) for over 40 years, so it has to be safe. No tests, no studies. www.fda.gov...

/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/GRAS/default.htm

INDEED.

I thoroughly agree.

Tis A hideous state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks for your kind reply.

Perhaps you'd be willing to give a summary of that pdf when you are finished with it.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I find it amazing how lackadaisical we are about food. The way we treat it, the way we waste it, don't question anything about it and what the %$$@ is in it.

But the thing that really amazes me is how little we pay people to cook/prepare it for us, we put this in our bodies and the prep cook can mess us up bad. We will pay a realtor, or car salesman big bucks to just show us stuff that we have pretty much decided we are going to buy. Maybe I am the only one that see it like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. If it weren't so sad it would be laughable to compare, on a large scale, costs of organic and totally unprocessed foods between the US and various places in eastern Europe. Then compare the costs of the overly processed poison we think of as regular here.

My fiancee is eastern European. She's still stunned by the low cost of housing, utilities, driving, clothing... even things as simple as going to the movies are filled with "IT'S ONLY $7.50 FOR A MATINEE?! IN MY CITY IT'S AT LEAST €15!"

Then I explained why we buy the more expensive meat and produce. Needless to say, she was beyond horrified. I don't know about the rest of Europe but at least in her country, the only labelling needed is if produce ISN'T organic or meats are pumped full of drugs.

As for the poison we buy here, the vast majority of that garbage isn't even available there and if it is it's extremely difficult to find. Took 2 days and a dozen stores to find Pringles.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Is some of the cost be associated with universal health care? That would add 7-10% right off the bat.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Honestly, i'm not entirely certain. 4 years we've been together and I still don't understand most of their workings. Healthcare is referred to as universal yet her monthly bill up until she became insured here was more than double my cost for myself and my daughter (self insured). So to be totally honest I have not the slightest clue.

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that everyone I've encountered there/from there is on some form of government assistance which 1) is damn near useless considering its roughly €50/wk and 2) even employed full time the median income is something like €600/month.

Anyway. In summary, I have no idea. I just know when she explained things to me I was never happier to be from the US. Hell, I'd vote Mao/Amin 2016 ticket before id ever move there.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for your perceptive comments.

You may be aware . . . the Chinese value food and great cooks VERY HIGHLY.

And, even high ranking folks are careful about avoiding insult to the cook. LOL.

Great points. Thanks.

originally posted by: seasonal

I find it amazing how lackadaisical we are about food. The way we treat it, the way we waste it, don't question anything about it and what the %$$@ is in it.

But the thing that really amazes me is how little we pay people to cook/prepare it for us, we put this in our bodies and the prep cook can mess us up bad. We will pay a realtor, or car salesman big bucks to just show us stuff that we have pretty much decided we are going to buy. Maybe I am the only one that see it like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Interesting.

Sobering.

Of course, in Asia . . . as the old book title stated . . .

"Poo-poo Make Prant Glow"

Which has other problems. LOL.

Simplicity tends to be best in a lot of things.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm not sure what you are proposing.

How would that work???

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I saw this earlier.

The fact that they feel the need to hide something proves that something funny is 'in the water'. I don't trust these scoundrels for one second. They don't have the best interest of me or my family as a priority...just their profits. Even Whole Foods is in on it...just horrible.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Big Food Seeks To Exempt Itself From The Freedom Of Information Act

Big Government Seeks to Exempt Itself From The Laws Of Our Land.

Or better yet, All Criminals Seek To Exempt Themselves From All Laws Of Our Land.

We The Food Corporations do not want to be held "accountable", for all the dangerous chemicals, and Toxins, that causes all different kinds of cancers.

This is part of population control folks, nutrition is the last thing these greedy food corporation want. My best advice is to learn to grow your own.

Farmer Markets are also a good place to go to get healthy foods.

There are some good organic stores, but good luck trying to keep a budget, it is expensive.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I saw this earlier.

The fact that they feel the need to hide something proves that something funny is 'in the water'. I don't trust these scoundrels for one second. They don't have the best interest of me or my family as a priority...just their profits. Even Whole Foods is in on it...just horrible.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. HIDEOUS.

I bet that they are not all that kind toward their own employees, either. But I suppose they could be . . . just duplicitous.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
WELL PUT. THANKS.

originally posted by: Informer1958

Big Food Seeks To Exempt Itself From The Freedom Of Information Act

Big Government Seeks to Exempt Itself From The Laws Of Our Land.

Or better yet, All Criminals Seek To Exempt Themselves From All Laws Of Our Land.

We The Food Corporations do not want to be held "accountable", for all the dangerous chemicals, and Toxins, that causes all different kinds of cancers.

This is part of population control folks, nutrition is the last thing these greedy food corporation want. My best advice is to learn to grow your own.

Farmer Markets are also a good place to go to get healthy foods.

There are some good organic stores, but good luck trying to keep a budget, it is expensive.

imho, folks best be setting up a PVC home dehydrator food drier while it's summer. Who knows what will happen in the fall and winter. Dry as much organic fruits, veggies etc. as you can.

new topics

top topics

join