It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Charlemagne related to jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
this may be stupid, but was there more than one charlemagne? i mean what if the charlemagne we are talking bout is the wrong one

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wait, if Charlemagne was related to Jesus then that would make me a descendant of jesus because I have followed my family line back to him, crazy. But, it would be immpossible to make a factual and accurate link between Jesus and Charlemagne (we are talking Charlemagne the great right? with all the pippins?)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
this may be stupid, but was there more than one charlemagne? i mean what if the charlemagne we are talking bout is the wrong one

There is only one charlemagne. Sure, there could be some unknown person also called charles the great who is actually related to jesus. But, he's unknown, by definition, so there can't be any discussion about him.

Does that make you reconsider your hasty no?.

No, because the temple was nonfunctional and destroye long before charlemagne was around, so how did the records get into the smashed, puverized, and destroyed temple?

I don't think its hasty to say that Charlemagne wasn't related to jesus, since there is no evidence to suggest that he was. And the idea that the people running the jewish temple kept a record of that upstart jesus's family, from the first century on to the time of charlemagne, even tho by then the temple had been destroyed and the jews had been dispersed throughout the world, seems more like a hasty idea than anything else. heck, the people that destroyed the temple were long gone by the time charlemagne was around.

What language was this record written in?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No, you were right Seekerof, I just thought that particular link to Gardiner was a little uncharitable, so I thought I would direct you to his official page...

He is full of himself, no doubt, but Bloodlines of the Holy Grail makes Holy Blood Holy Grail look amateur and I considered that to be quite well reseached until I read Gardiners work.

I've read so many books like this and Gardiners does stand out in the depth of his research and Bibliographies, which I like.

To understand why I like Gardiner is also about my coming from a family of expatriot Scots Jacobite Masons. Gardiner to some extent represents a Masonic Scots perpective and if in doubt, I will beleive in my own family traditions, I don't think I'm alone in that.

I do try to keep an open mind and am always looking for new material with insights into what became of Jesus and his family, I simply don't beleive everyone just forgot, there was too much at stake.

If the Da Vinci code is extolling the relationship between Jesus and Charlamagne, it's quite off the mark, There was in fact a Merovingian connection on his mothers side,but the Carolingians are more famous for having conspired with Rome against the Merovingians, as noted by a previous correspondent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join