It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Charlemagne related to jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
well i heard about some document found in the temple of solomon that had a list of jesus's relatives and charlemagne was one of them. also there was something similar to this in the Da Vinci code.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
to my knowledge he was not a direct blood relative. he was however married
to a merovingian decendant which would make him an inlaw of the davidic
bloodline and their children would be of the davidic bloodline. at least that is
the theroy.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, Charlamagne was a descendant of Jesus and Mary Magdalene through his third born child Joseph and also interestingly a descendant of Josephus of Arimathea (Jesus brother James).

The bloodlines of he messaniac descent meet the Sicambrian Franks (Tribe of Reuben) with the marriage of Faramund (Lord of Western Franks) and Princess Argott, daughter of Genobaud Lord of the Franks around 420AD.

Their son was Clodion whose heir was Meroveus hence a 'Merovingian'.

Charlamagne was the son of Pepin the Short who deposed the direct Merovingian descendent Childeric III, and Princess Bertha who was herself Merovingian.

Charlamagne was not, in fact, a Merovingian as his fathers line had been bitter enemies of the Merovingians and had conspired with the Catholic papalcy to usurp the throne.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
Yes, Charlamagne was a descendant of Jesus and Mary Magdalene through his third born child Joseph and also interestingly a descendant of Josephus of Arimathea (Jesus brother James).

The bloodlines of he messaniac descent meet the Sicambrian Franks (Tribe of Reuben) with the marriage of Faramund (Lord of Western Franks) and Princess Argott, daughter of Genobaud Lord of the Franks around 420AD.

Their son was Clodion whose heir was Meroveus hence a 'Merovingian'.

Charlamagne was the son of Pepin the Short who deposed the direct Merovingian descendent Childeric III, and Princess Bertha who was herself Merovingian.

Charlamagne was not, in fact, a Merovingian as his fathers line had been bitter enemies of the Merovingians and had conspired with the Catholic papalcy to usurp the throne.

This is all speculation. There is no proof whatsoever that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene or ever had a child.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Someone has been reading way too much of that debunked The Da Vinci Code, methinks.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I don't own the Da Vinci Code and have never read it...

I really don't like to speculate about matters such as this...

My sources are quoted from geneologies provided by Laurence Gardner - Chevalier Labhran de Saint Germain, Presidential attache to the European Council of Princes and member of the Noble Household Guard of the Royal House of Stuart as Jacobite Historoigrapher Royal.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I didn't know that they found the temple of solomon. Who are "they"

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
well i heard about some document found in the temple of solomon that had a list of jesus's relatives and charlemagne was one of them.

The jewish temple was destroyed long long before charlemagne existed, so I'm going to go with 'no' on this.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

as posted by Flange Gasket
My sources are quoted from geneologies provided by Laurence Gardner - Chevalier Labhran de Saint Germain, Presidential attache to the European Council of Princes and member of the Noble Household Guard of the Royal House of Stuart as Jacobite Historoigrapher Royal.

Oh, you mean this fella?
Jesus' Alien Ancestors?

seekerof

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
I don't own the Da Vinci Code and have never read it...

I really don't like to speculate about matters such as this...

My sources are quoted from geneologies provided by Laurence Gardner - Chevalier Labhran de Saint Germain,

Any connection to 'the' St Germain?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No, this guy...

graal.co.uk...

Your link is a fairly uncharitable review of one of his lectures, if you read the link from Karen Lysters site and read the lecture notes "blood drinking aliens" don't really seem to be covered at all. Not unless you mean his historical and mythological perspectives of the Christian 'blood drinking' ritual of Holy Communion as sanctified by God (who by any reasonable definition is extra-terrestrial).

www.karenlyster.com...

To be fair to his critics, Gardiner does tend to blend myth with real historical detail, which can lead the uninitiated to think that everything is presented as fact. The details suggests that whilst much of the presentation deals with mythology and traditions, that these traditions form the basis of biblical history and more importantly help understand the evolution of western cultural values.

I'm familiar with most of his work, which as that link indicates is very well researched, and to date have been extremely impressed by his rigor.
I still beleive "Bloodlines of the Holy Grail" to be an authorative text on the geneology of European royalty and Gardner to be a valuable but not exclusive reference.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I didn't know that they found the temple of solomon

I didn't know they lost it.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

This is all speculation. There is no proof whatsoever that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene or ever had a child.

Nor would it be necessary, as by many accounts, Jesus had a brother, James, and so it could just as easily be one of his descendants...and therefore, also from Jesus' family.

However, since it can't really be proven that Jesus ever existed, nor a true bloodline established even if he did, it would ALL be pure speculation pretty much.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
For all the reasons you say you can't prove Jesus existed, you also can't prove he didn't...

History is not science, we cannot due to a lack of evidence reasonably conclude that history for a period of time ceased to exist. The lack of a body of evidence of the Judean royaly at this time is entirely consistent with the Roman installation of the Idumean Herodian Dynasty, and the subsequent destruction of Jerusalem in 135AD.

We have in the last century unearthed hidden historical records from this time that were preserved buried in earthenware for exactly this reason. One of the compelling arguements that the critics of Flavius Josephus have is that no histories survived the roman persecution.

Until new and more compelling evidence comes to light of the Judean royalty from this period. We are forced to speculate, we cannot deny that Judeans had royalty, or that Hebrew hereditary dynasties did not exist...

We can certainly not conclude that time stood still for a lack of evidence, as seems to be the position of the critics...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"they" is the Priory of sion or zion w/e it is and the knights Templar. also charlemagne was one of the dudes the super duper sword thing jesus was stabbed with.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

as posted by Flange Gasket
No, this guy...

Ummm, Flange Gasket?
Might want to hit the link that was posted by me, maybe?
Seems that they are one in the same.

In October of 1996 Sir Laurence Gardner, the Histographer Royal to the house of Stewart and a prominent sovereign and chivalric genealogist, produced a powerful and sometimes persuasive volume tracing the lineage of Stewarts back to the alleged children of Jesus. In Bloodline of the Holy Grail, he had claimed that Christ married Mary Magdeline and argued that their children carried the royal blood of the House of David; therefore, anyone descending from these people had the blessing of divine powers to rule.

Jesus' Alien Ancestors?

As you stated before:

Laurence Gardner - Chevalier Labhran de Saint Germain, Presidential attache to the European Council of Princes and member of the Noble Household Guard of the Royal House of Stuart as Jacobite Historoigrapher Royal.

Notice the bold emphasis in comparison with what is in the first quote (from my link). See any correlation? They are one and the same.

As such, in reading that article (from the link), it appears that this particular individual is just a weeeeeee bit full of himself?

seekerof

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
actually Jesus had at least 3 brothers, James, Jose/Joseph, Jude/Judas Thomas
also called Thomas Didymus. there are also sisters mentioned but not named.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Someone has been reading way too much of that debunked The Da Vinci Code, methinks.

seekerof

I like your pic. It reflects your attitude well. Your handle, though, is a definite contradiction. seekerof........of what, ?
With your eyes and ears plugged you can't be seeking anyone else's knowledge. I also have never laid eyes on the novel, 'the da vinci code'. Yet I can tell you that I have read some information regarding Jesus' descendents, and it is totally possible. Plausible even. I find it at least as probable as the current version of events post-crucifixion. In the novel 'The Source' by James Michener, is a recounting of the British withdrawal from Palestine and subsequent occupation of the area by Israel. Your post implies that you would doubt that ever happened solely on the basis that Michener describes it in his novel. I purposely read very few novels, maybe one a year, so that I don't unwittingly confuse any of the fictional events with the theorized ones in the non-fictional books I do read.
If I came off sounding upset, sorry, I really am not at all upset, just befuddled by the connection you made between a novel, and legitimate research conclusions. They contain the same subject matter....period.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
'Charlamagne was not, in fact, a Merovingian as his fathers line had been bitter enemies of the Merovingians and had conspired with the Catholic papalcy to usurp the throne.' flange gasket
I read that Charles 'the hammer' Martell, Charlemagne's grandad?, was a major benefactor from the death of Dagobert II, who died in a hunting accident, arrow through the head I think.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by phantompatriot
well i heard about some document found in the temple of solomon that had a list of jesus's relatives and charlemagne was one of them.

The jewish temple was destroyed long long before charlemagne existed, so I'm going to go with 'no' on this.

Well, if you wish, but you barely heard the briefest introduction of the summary of the result of years of research.

The Knights, who in 1099 or so....were granted the rights to stay in the templemount horse stables. And a digging they did go. Beneath the long destroyed temple.
Does that make you reconsider your hasty no?.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join