It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil comes as light in Bernie Sanders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Brexit was a close vote, I don't think it's just a 'millenials crying' thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh YEAH try actually READING the constitution.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

That means even RICH people, and OTHERS not favored by people like Sanders.

Neo, I'm pointedly not asking for personal details from you, but just in the most general way ...

Do you have a compelling interest to watchdog the interests of "the rich" here? It's a time-honored American tradition to hate the Evil Tax Man, the Cruel Banker, and the Corrupt Politicians ... and Mr. and Mrs. Moneybags.

Populist even.

This is always a jarring aspect of your overall schtick. Care to comment?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Good thought Sub. Because the accent on your thought is 'king'.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Very interesting, but I'm not calling them Illegal Immigrants or saying they aren't citizens of the US was I???

So your response makes no sense.

Clearly they aren't being deprived of ANYTHING AT ALL. Quite the opposite actually.

Which should be pretty clear since our Prisons are filled with POOR PEOPLE not Rich People.
Who goes off to fight on the front lines??? Poor People not Rich People.

You want to feel sorry for the Wealthy because they have to pay some Taxes out of their Billions of Dollars they hide offshore then do it, but don't expect anyone else to cry along with you. We all have to pay taxes so it's tough sh*t for everyone and the Rich aren't special. So cry all you want for them, I'm sure they appreciate your loyalty. But keep in mind, you'll never be one of them no matter how much you kiss their ass.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: mOjOm Bernie seems like a nice guy, but Im sure they would have tar and feathered him back in the 60s and 70s. Moms stayed home and were home makers.

My mom worked 3 jobs in the 70s. My grandmother supported 5 children on her own in the 50s and 60s after kicking out her abusive drunken husband. I am not sure what TV shows you are confusing history with.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Clearly they aren't being deprived of ANYTHING AT ALL. Quite the opposite actually.

Money is PROPERTY.

TWO amendments deal with that.

The 4th, and the 14th.

Someone wants to have a lot of money ?

THAT is the life,LIBERTY, and pursuit of happiness, and there is not a damn thing anyone can say.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: onequestion

I thought Western Culture had multiple cultures within it. The US is a melting pot and multiculturalism would be somewhat nationalistic in the case of the US and what it is built upon.

However, I did notice a lack of threads to bash Bernie that make no sense. Thanks for attempting to fill the void.

the left-wing version of multiculturalism calls for erasing the native Western culture. No other cultures on this planet are asked to do this but ours. Can you explain this?

Erasing the American Indians?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What you listed happens to be just a short list of what's wrong with Western "culture".
Yeah, I was about to comment on that also. All those 'wonderful' diversions. Sounds like the very US culture OP is complaining about to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Ironically, you cite the 14th Amendment which Donald Trump is not a big fan of:

“I don’t think they have American citizenship, and if you speak to some very, very good lawyers — some would disagree. But many of them agree with me — you’re going to find they do not have American citizenship. We have to start a process where we take back our country. Our country is going to hell. We have to start a process, Bill, where we take back our country,” Trump said.

There is a way to do it, O’Reilly said, in amending the Constitution.

Trump also said that he would not pursue an amendment to the Constitution to remedy the situation. “It’s a long process, and I think it would take too long. I’d much rather find out whether or not anchor babies are citizens because a lot of people don’t think they are,” he said. “We’re going to test it out. That’s going to happen, Bill.”

So yeah, we have to trample the Constitution to "take our country back" according to Trump and he's the guy who will do it. If that doesn't worry you, then you're blowing hot air about your concern over the Constitution. Here we have a would be strongman dictator who is saying form the outset that he'll look to disregard it.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Civilization! Ho!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Not that just about every presidential candidate since 1980 hasn't been a globalist, but, it seems odd that you directed this at Sanders, rather than Clinton, a MUCH more extreme globalist, and the presumptive Democratic nominee. Or is it in keeping with the "Devil as Light" whereas Clinton is blatant and obvious in her disdain for America and humanity in general? That would make sense, and I'm guessing that's where you're coming from, but just not sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ironically, you cite the 14th Amendment which Donald Trump is not a big fan of

And Trump critics are ?

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Already 11 flags, cracks me up when people think this website is some left leaning heaven.

Me to. I read one about how ATS was so liberal that conservatives are in the minority. I just don't know how they get this unless it is an aspect of their overall persecution complex. Then I will read something from a really really far right entity that even slams the other stalwart conservative bunch, and my mind just folds up and I go and play minesweeper for a while.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Ironically, you cite the 14th Amendment which Donald Trump is not a big fan of

And Trump critics are ?

Pot meet kettle.

I could dig it up but it's not worth the trouble. I'll just take a chance that you'll answer a civil question.

Have you not, on this site, actively argued for the nullification and/or repeal of the Fourteenth Amendment?

link   
Had nothing to do with what was asked of you and you should really quote the whole sentence when you quote someone. When you cut it off before a "but", you change the statement a lot. You must be learning some tricks form the MSM.

edit on thWed, 29 Jun 2016 18:20:52 -0500America/Chicago620165280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   

Yeah and they have a lot of money, so what's your point????

WE are ALL TAXED some of our money. I sure don't see you making a fuss about it when everyone else is taxed. But oh boy, when it comes to the rich losing some of their cash they're buried in a Tax Haven, watch out!!!

You want to fight against taxes, fine with me but until nobody gets taxed everyone gets taxed. Fair is Fair. The wealthy are the only people who can actually pay taxes and still not have it effect them so why the hell would I feel sorry for them??? They're the only ones who can actually afford it. The rest of us have to suffer from it. Including you I assume which is what makes this conversation so damn strange in the first place because I'm pretty sure you're not that well off that when the Gov. takes from you, you don't notice.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Forgive me G.

I am still trying to get over this comment.,

Are you referring to your Nazi impersonation in that thread?

How is that relevant to this question in any way?

I mean, I'm not surprised you have no response or evidence to back up your vibrant claims ... but really now.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Hefficide
Sorry... We let black folks drink from fountains and ride at the front of the bus and we're still here.

I mostly see people drinking bottled water these days. I can't remember the last time I saw a public drinking fountain. Odd ... isn't it?

I think the only time I ever rode a bus (in America) had something to do with school. Does anyone posting to ATS make a practice of riding the bus? Just curious. Heff's post struck a chord with me for some reason.

I ride the bus. I was posting pictures on FB last year of me sitting in a ledge in the front against the window, next to the driver because it was so full.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Multiculturalism does not work the US has its own culture.

Look at around you your looking at it everyday, MacDonald's, Pizza places, Baseball stadiums, basketball, football, bars with happy hour.

This is western culture and people come here from all over the world to enjoy it.

You call all that multiculturalism. These places, venues and 'spirits' are designed to fleece you. People eat drink and be merry everywhere, its not a western exclusivity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join