It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil comes as light in Bernie Sanders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

the left-wing version of multiculturalism calls for erasing the native Western culture. No other cultures on this planet are asked to do this but ours. Can you explain this?

That is absolute horsebollocks.

While you might fear the acceptance of other cultures, accepting other cultures is not a threat to your own identity. This repeating notion always leaves me stymied.

It's like a portion of America thinks that letting gay people be gay might somehow make "teh ghey" contagious.
Or letting American Muslims be Muslim is a hair away from Shariah law.

Sorry... We let black folks drink from fountains and ride at the front of the bus and we're still here. We allowed the plethora of racist laws against the Chinese, Irish and Japanese fall away and we're still fine.

This kind of thinking is beyond me. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in such a profound state of fear.

edit on 6/29/16 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That's it. That's all you need to know.

For all the rhetoric of the OP and all the faith in rugged individualism and all the scorn at a large segment of our citizens who, as you say, are robots "because they lack the mental faculties in order objectively articulate a coherent response to anything you put forward as truth" I offer this.

You finish your diatribe with one of the most elitist, superior, totalitarian statements I have ever heard. Oh, I left out simplistic.

What an ego. I love it when you come on here posting threads about how ego is a killer, how controlling our egos is how we will move into the future. and then make an outrageous statement like that. Here, let me repeat your own words back to you once more.

Just who do you think you are coming on here and telling us that what YOU say is 'all you need to know"?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Not to me.

Corporation isn't a dirty word.

Like GOD.

Like Guns.

Like RICH.

Like CEO.

LIKE Banker.

Is to corporationphobes.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Ross Perot? Another popular populist.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

Not to me.

Corporation isn't a dirty word.

Like GOD.

Like Guns.

Like RICH.

Like CEO.

LIKE Banker.

Is to corporationphobes.

All due respect, but that means nothing.

Do you have a point or are you trying to play the victim, somehow?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Multiculturalism does not work the US has its own culture.

WHAT? The US has it's own culture? Multiculturalism does not work? I got news for you One. Take a look around. English Spanish Italian, Irish, Mexican, Puerto Rican, Congolese, Russian, need I go on? The US is a conglomeration of cultures and always has been. I just don't know how you come up with lines like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It's like a portion of America thinks that letting gay people be gay might somehow make "teh ghey" contagious.

Is that anything like the RICH might rub off, or the Christian might rub off or 'gun violence' might rub off.

Sorry... We let black folks drink from fountains and ride at the front of the bus and we're still here.

Except when it comes to LEFT WING bigotry that bankers,rich,gun owners,ceo's experience on a daily basis.

After all we have so many LAWS to keep those people in their place,

All back of the bus.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Saying something cogent might help me understand what your point is.

Are you suggesting that the rich in America are somehow victimized? If so I'd respond with the factual statement that nearly every law and policy favors them exclusively - even at the expense of the general population.

If you are suggesting that gun owners are somehow marginalized, then I'd ask why it is that even ideas supported by the overwhelming majority of NRA members are too taboo to talk about - ideas like universal background checks.

And the poor, poor CEO's and banks... How rough they must have had it when 9 trillion dollars of taxpayer money went to save them from their own idiotic and criminal wealth redistribution scams. I could weep...

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The boomers sold them out for 401k's and bigger mansions.

Somebody needs to point this out to you One. Here you make a sweeping generalized statement about a whole generation of people, most who sold out nobody. Stereotyping here at its finest.

link   

Bill the butcher would applaud your nationalism.

link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
Sorry... We let black folks drink from fountains and ride at the front of the bus and we're still here.

I mostly see people drinking bottled water these days. I can't remember the last time I saw a public drinking fountain. Odd ... isn't it?

I think the only time I ever rode a bus (in America) had something to do with school. Does anyone posting to ATS make a practice of riding the bus? Just curious. Heff's post struck a chord with me for some reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I mostly see people drinking bottled water these days. I can't remember the last time I saw a public drinking fountain. Odd ... isn't it?
When was the last time you looked for one? You did have your water bottle clipped to your hip, after all.

Does anyone posting to ATS make a practice of riding the bus?
The city buses in my neighborhood are quite well utilized. Last time I was in DC the Metro was quite full.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Are you suggesting that the rich in America are somehow victimized? If so I'd respond with the factual statement that nearly every law and policy favors them exclusively - even at the expense of the general population.

Ok if you say so.

IRS data: The top 1% pay 37% of all taxes, the bottom half pay 2%, a blubbering David Letterman can’t believe the facts

46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

Favored 'exclusively' eh.

Well that was RICH for the pun.

If you are suggesting that gun owners are somehow marginalized, then I'd ask why it is that even ideas supported by the overwhelming majority of NRA members are too taboo to talk about - ideas like universal background checks.

That VIOLATES the 2nd.4th,9th,10th,and 14th amendments, and the ones inbetween that deal with due process, and crimes be proven in courts of law.

The 5th I love the most that starts with. NO PERSON shall be held answerable to....Rest the rest.

And the poor, poor CEO's and banks... How rough they must have had it when 9 trillion dollars of taxpayer money went to save them from their own idiotic and criminal wealth redistribution scams. I could weep

So complete IGNORE the TRILLIONS spent on free homes, free food, free education, and the big three fat sacred cows!

Ps. Good seeing you again Heff.

I could weep about the absolutely NOTHING the poor, and middle class has to whine about.
edit on 29-6-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh ya.

Let's all shed a tear for the poor plight of the Wealthy CEO's and their Mansions and 10 Car Garages and Vacations on Tropical Islands and Their Million Dollar Bonuses. Those poor poor creatures, how do they find the strength to live each day???

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Snarl

When was the last time you looked for one? You did have your water bottle clipped to your hip, after all.

Does anyone posting to ATS make a practice of riding the bus?
The city buses in my neighborhood are quite well utilized. Last time I was in DC the Metro was quite full.

heh heh ... I mostly drink coffee, from a thermos, that I bring from home. And, now that you mention the metro, I do recall The Bus being a popular form of transportation in Hawaii.

Thanks for the reply.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This is western culture and people come here from all over the world to enjoy it.

No, that's American culture and American culture is a blend of different cultures from around the world that is constantly evolving. When you go to a baseball game (bat and ball games came from Europe, in fact the term "baseball" was first used in the UK) and order a beer, that beer will quite possibly be from any of a number of breweries started in the US in the mid-19th Century by German immigrants who brought with them lagers, pilsnering etc.

"Pizza places?" Pizza was invented in Naples, Italy and the first pizzeria in America didn't open until the beginning of the 20th Century in New York (in "Little Italy").

Football (American football, the only football that counts) developed out of Rugby in the late 19th Century. Rugby in turn came from I believe the UK but similar games go back to antiquity.

Basketball at least was created in the US (in Massachusetts)... by a Canadian.

McDonald's was started by two brothers who were the sons of Irish immigrants. The term "hamburger" itself comes from "Hamburg steak" which is named after Hamburg, Germany. In case you were wondering, German immigrants broughtHamburg steaks aka Hamburg steak sandwiches aka hamburgers to our country. During WWI they took a hit in popularity due to anti-German sentiment. Which reminds me, the term "hot dog" for frankfurters, which were also brought to the US by German immigrants (and named after Frankfurt, Germany), was created for much the same reason as "Freedom Fries."

To your credit, you are yourself partaking in a time honored American tradition of ignorant nativist blathering. So there's that.
edit on 2016-6-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They have taken advantage of a desperate youth in America who can't find decent jobs and is watching their futures disappear right in front of them.

This is the proverbial "nail on the head" as far as i am concerned.
There is a whole lot at play right now in this election cycle as we call it. I was just thinking today about the youth and out of touch they are with reality. I came to this just because of the odd behavior and discussions I been over hearing a lot lately with the youth. The youth are either mixed up in the head or they are generally in doubt or unsure about society or both and handle things in abberated ways when it comes to live discussions and it worse involving any online discussion.

Personally I think we are facing a generation or two of intentionally miss-educated and illicitly indoctrinated youth for some sinister agenda. Or we have over medicated the youth?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yeah. They're called Parks and Playgrounds and they're are multiple drinking fountains there. They even have them for pets as well.

I think the only time I ever rode a bus (in America) had something to do with school. Does anyone posting to ATS make a practice of riding the bus? Just curious. Heff's post struck a chord with me for some reason.

Yes, some of us little people still ride the bus now and then. Many people do in fact. Usually to work and back as they spend their lives slaving away unnoticed.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh YEAH try actually READING the constitution.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

That means even RICH people, and OTHERS not favored by people like Sanders.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: reldra

Multiculturalism does not work the US has its own culture.

Look at around you your looking at it everyday, MacDonald's, Pizza places, Baseball stadiums, basketball, football, bars with happy hour.

This is western culture and people come here from all over the world to enjoy it.

These things do not exist outside of the Western World? At least McDonald's should be notified their restaurants there are ghost restaurants or something.

I don't count McDonald's as part of my culture. Maybe baseball is commonly said to be extremely american, like apple pie.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join