It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Unprecedented’: Scientists declare global climate emergency; jet stream crosses equator

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Scientists are clueless

We have these calling "death of winter" and in another thread there's scientists saying we're going to get a mini Ice age and winter is coming

And this article is not biased at all with claiming "human-forced climate change" in 2 successive sentences..

There's so much ignorance stemming from this, that it is a little frightening. Just re read that sentence. 'Scientists are clueless' But you good sir, you have all the answers.

I think what he was referring to is that scientists are just as clueless as everyone else with "climate change". Man made climate change itself it a mystery and is only a theory. All a scientist does is examine the facts, conduct tests to prove those facts and based upon the facts come up with a theory. Until the theory is proven...it isn't a fact.

And considering the escalating political actions of the left and their well known willingness to lie and manufacturer false facts...coupled with scientists being as bribe-able as any one else...there is nothing to believe except opinion. Yes...there is climate change. It is part of our environment and has been since the Earth formed. It is something we will have to deal with and hopefully, not destroy our society in the process. There needs to be a balance where we pollute less while not killing our economy. And above all else...never give the level of control the left wants over us via climate change legislation to an already out of control, corrupt government that wants nothing but to control every aspect of your lives. They have proven this time and time again.

So...lets sit back and as we see a need to act...lets act logically.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The thing about climate change... is that most of the data is based on the weather patterns we've observed for maybe the last 150 years, tops.

We haven't been measuring weather on a global scale long enough to know what the "norm" is for a cycle that could go through changes for thousands of years at a time.

There are plenty of recordings throughout history of unseasonable highs and lows, droughts, famines, desiccation and changes to the trade winds. To think we know it all is just hubris.

The only norm or constant with regard to climate is constant change. There can't be a normal. They only "normal" that can exist is what we WANT as a normal.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

“unprecedented”

Umm lets see the world is 4 Billion years old.
They have been monitoring the jet stream for? Lets be generous and say 100 Years.

100 years out of 4 Billion? Just like all the other GW issues. Based on such a small amount of data it would be laughed at in any other field. Lets talk again when then have data on...say just a whole 1% of the time frame. They we can talk again.

(Or I would be happy if they could predicted the weather next week with any real actuary.)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

All That Matters to most of these people is that they can Pat themselves on the back for taking a position that is popularly promoted by the media.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I think you just don't understand the technology out there. Wind power
dDoes not need to be turbines. In fact those will be used less in the future. You should possible adress the actual technology I was presenting to you.

The sun and wind are always blowing somewhere . You also forget tidal, and hydroelectric

Sorry my friend your just using example from old technology

And no cogeneration is not needed. Your forgetting about the various method of storage from advanced capacitor systems to batteries to hydrogen fuel cells.
edit on 30-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: LSU0408

The largest majority of people that don't buy into global warming are Meteorologists that see the weather everyday.

Where on Earth did you hear that, or did you just make that up

Why the hell would I get on here just to make something up?

Other questions solidified the meteorologists’ skepticism about humans creating a global warming crisis. For example, among those meteorologists who believe global warming is happening, only a modest majority (59%) believe humans are the primary cause. More importantly, only 38% of respondents who believe global warming is occurring say it will be very harmful during the next 100 years.

In contrast to the AMS survey, where all respondents are AMS meteorologists, a majority have Ph.D.s and fully 80% have a Ph.D. or Masters Degree, position statements by organizational bureaucracies carry little scientific weight. For example, a position statement recently published by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and frequently cited as the “definitive” indication of scientific consensus on global warming was authored by a mere 23 persons. Of those 23 persons, only five had Ph.D.s in a field closely related to climate science, an equal number (5) were staffers for environmental activist groups, two were politicians, one was the EPA general counsel under the Clinton administration and 19 of the 23 had already spoken out on behalf of global warming alarmism prior to being chosen for the panel. Clearly the scientific weight of the NAS statement pales in comparison to the AMS meteorologist survey.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly... China and its population of 1.4 billion isn't going to do a damn thing so no matter how much WE as federal taxpayers fund this global warming BS, it's not going to change. Between them and India, we're looking at 2.72 billion people that aren't going to do jack. Think 320 million will make a difference versus that? Me either.

So what? So even if this was true, which it isn't entirely, y'all are saying we do nothing but sit here and take it? Not prepare? Not believe? Not contribute or cooperate or protect ourselves? Pffft. There's a word for this that used to be used a lot around here.

Ok, tell me what you're doing to combat AGW.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
“It’s the very picture of weather weirding due to climate change. Something that would absolutely not happen in a normal world,”

if you have to use the term "weather weirding" its clear you don't know much about the circumstances in which you are talking about. You don’t know enough about the what’s happening in the “normal world” to make a determination … your just seeing something you haven’t seen before and you don’t know what it is … its “weird”.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Clearly China is the #1 leader.

Meteorologists are are more than qualified to comment on the climate.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

Ketsuko mentioned the 2.7 billion in China and India that won't be doing anything. If this is real, America and the EU alone won't make a difference.

Id suggest checking Phages links out

Also, is this really the next argument? "Well why should we if no one else will?"- Is essentially what youre arguing. I dont think I need to state how that kind of thinking inhibits progress of any kind.

No that's not what I'm essentially arguing. I'm not arguing at all. I specifically said that if China and India aren't buying into AGW (if that is true) then America and the EU alone will not make a difference.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Sure as long as it's in conjunction with all the other branches involved.

And your picture is rediculous. It has nothing to do with the fact they are investing the most in the world into renewables because if that picture.

I will assume you will accept this source

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

Ketsuko mentioned the 2.7 billion in China and India that won't be doing anything. If this is real, America and the EU alone won't make a difference.

Id suggest checking Phages links out

Also, is this really the next argument? "Well why should we if no one else will?"- Is essentially what youre arguing. I dont think I need to state how that kind of thinking inhibits progress of any kind.

No that's not what I'm essentially arguing. I'm not arguing at all. I specifically said that if China and India aren't buying into AGW (if that is true) then America and the EU alone will not make a difference.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

So tell me, what are you doing to combat man made global warming?

As far as the climate changing, I've yet to see anyone deny that. Or even that the Earth is warming, many just find it hard to believe that it's caused by man. From a common sense perspective, we weren't here for the first 4.7 billion years to cause the climate to do exactly what it's doing now. So why suddenly is it all our fault?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I believe they're paid to give certain answers. My response to you was simply that the poster wasn't talking about all scientists.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Because we are spreading out all over the world and siphoning resources from everywhere and leaving habitat devastation.

The difference is a volcano or space rock will not continuously assault the earth. So if a comet blasts Mexico and the debris blacks out the sun those effects fade. They don't progress. In our case we keep deforesting and polluting and expanding into natural habitats.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I believe you missed this part of my response.

"For example, a position statement recently published by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and frequently cited as the “definitive” indication of scientific consensus on global warming was authored by a mere 23 persons. Of those 23 persons, only five had Ph.D.s in a field closely related to climate science, an equal number (5) were staffers for environmental activist groups, two were politicians, one was the EPA general counsel under the Clinton administration and 19 of the 23 had already spoken out on behalf of global warming alarmism prior to being chosen for the panel.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I didn't miss it you just didn't read my source which goes over several studies on consensus.

Your article is using 1.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Sure as long as it's in conjunction with all the other branches involved.

And your picture is rediculous. It has nothing to do with the fact they are investing the most in the world into renewables because if that picture.

I will assume you will accept this source

www.forbes.com...

*ridiculous

The picture of that smog was taken the year before your posted article was written in June 2014. This picture was put together seven months ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Right and if you think it's going to change overnight I shouldn't even be engaged in a debate with you.

China isn't dumb. These things are being rolled in. Which you would know if you read anything about their climate change involvement.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join