It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time for the Elites to Rise Up Against the Ignorant Masses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hesse
Lol, people that voted to exit the EU are stupid. That´s the truth! The old racist idiots voted to leave. The youth will pay the price.

Right ok, what you're saying is people against a foreign entity controlling a Sovereign Country and it's People through Monetary Control and/or Other, which last i remember was considered Treason of a Nation and it's People, are racist and stupid?

What you are in fact saying, is that you are 'for' Slavery of your own people, whom of which 'most' disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Absolutely - it's as if they feel they won already and can't resist rubbing our noses in it.

They're defying us to do anything because they think they've got it sewn up so tight. And if they haven't, they're bluffing us into believing they have.

If the masses are actually ignorant, who is responsible for dumbing them down with the social engineering, media brainwashing, poor education system, gawd-knows-what-in-the-food-and-water, etc, et bloody cetera?

I think it speaks volumes for the people that so many can still think for themselves and see these charlatans for the parasites that they are.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

That is CERTAINLY their haughty, arrogant, imperial, tyrannical mindset.

All their useful idiots will probably fall all over themselves trying vainly to justify such a prissy outrage.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

They do know that it is already too late to stop them.

They are right about that.

Sadly.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Why rise up, aren't the elite already ruling the ignorant masses?

Well that's the point isn't it? They are now at the point where they feel they can justify tyranny because they "Know Better" and the ignorant, angry masses must be controlled.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hesse

Somehow that youth did care more about facebook, twitter and the kardashians than about their own future, or why did only 36% of them vote?
If they don´t care about their future, you can´t blame others for taking part in the vote!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Perhaps they'll amass the most toys before they die, but some of us might still gain something different and priceless from this life experience.

In the meantime, I say let's sharpen the pitchforks.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The sad fact is TPTB new if the exit would have passed they would sure make the brithish pay.

They control the flow of money, hope you guys in england dont have to pay too much, you guys are taking the power back, dont stop now.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hesse

You can repeat a lie as many times as you want, but it will still remain a lie.

I am an anti-fascist lefty, and I voted out. I did it because I used reason to choose which way I wanted to be screwed, and by whom.

Stop this rhetorical, inaccurate nonsense about old racists. It's not bloody true, and shows a distinct lack of nuance on your part.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

The Brexit has laid bare the political schism of our time. It’s not about the left vs. the right; it’s about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry. -James Traub

...This guy is either delusional (fairly clear there) or trying to create a deliberate backlash.

It's common for any social ideology (conservative or liberal alike) to have staunch supporters of that ideology who think that people who don't agree with them are stupid mindless brutes who haven't intelligently thought through an issue (or who don't have the capacity to).

If the Brexit vote was to instead remain in the EU, there would be people on the other side claiming that those who voted to stay are all bleeding heart idiots who haven't properly thought through the implications of staying in the EU.

edit on 6/29/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've actually noticed a bit of that here on ATS. Especially when we talk about the Electoral vote in the US.

Many on either side of the political spectrum will say that a direct democracy won't work because we're too stupid to know what's actually good for us. But that's free will and Freedom. We should be allowed to vote for whatever the heck we want and then live with the consequences. This is life as it should be, and unlike the popular memes there are "Do overs" you make a mistake, so what, then you learn and move on.

We don't want "Elites" telling us what to do. Why do we think Elites are smarter than we are.

I also see that when celebrities/actors/singers/writers take a stand. We viciously condemn them because what do actors know, while at the same time not batting an eye when one of our "Elected Representatives" gives voice to an opinion.

I've got news for you. Just because someone runs for office and is elected, is not a sign of intelligence. For example, find me ONE intelligent congress person.

No elites, more Freewill.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think the dumbing down of the masses has been the greatest achievement of governments of the age. It was all so simple. A diet of junk food and populist media seems to have worked its magic on a bewildered brain dead population, that can't think beyond the end of its nose

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
When did "Elite" get redefined to mean "Bad"?

I worked long and hard not be at the mercy of others.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

Lol, people that voted to exit the EU are stupid. That´s the truth! The old racist idiots voted to leave. The youth will pay the price.

It was the "old people" who saved Britian during WW2, it was the old people who rebuilt Britian after wards. It was the young people who sold Britian and its freedoms to the EU and multiculturism, its the old people who once again save Britian for the young.

They were young when they fought and won the War and they're overwhelmingly dead now. It's their children who are the old ones now, a generation that has just as much claim to the EU as the young do if not more so.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So everything published under that banner is wrong. They are never right. Got it. Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

That may be true to an extent, but there is an Undeniable push from the Elite party pursuing self serving interests along with methods in which to do their bidding, using the likes of everything PC/Celebrity/Billionaire interests. It's no secret, their policies have been a trainwreck in slow motion for years. Instinctively, the mass amount of People on this Rock have felt their controlling presence rendering closer with each passing year.

I simply don't remember a mass outcry such as this due to a loss of win for the losers. Perhaps a trophy to them each would make them feel special. But no, this is childish rant and i think most of us understand who's behind it.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Their arrogance is their pride.....which comes just before their fall.

I see Tyler Durdens got it up on Zero Hedge too.

Wheee!

More barbaric tribalism of in-groups and out-groups ... aka "US" vs. "THEM".

There is only humanity, spinning on a ball in space. The sooner we stop trying to screw one another over and realize we have the money, technology, knowledge and ability to produce a human paradise for ourselves...the better.

Until then? I'm disappointed by humanity more and more as each second ticks by.

The "elites" do what's best for them just as any one here would do for themselves. They're human too after all. None of us are immune to greed.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Anybody else find it fascinating, that it seems recently, say the last 10 years or so, politicians, and the elite, aren't even bothering to hide their disdain of "the people"?

It seem like almost everyday now, you have people of wealth and power saying stuff like in the OP.

I wonder why they are doing it, so much now?

Yes it used to be much more covert, now it's like a GP Parade with waving flags and loud music with a strong hint of arrogance and nacissistic entitlement.

I believe they feel they've got all their eggs in one basket, forgetting that one never carries all one has together, for they could take a terrible fall smashing what they thought they had, all at once.
edit on 6/29/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What the hell do young people know anyways? Nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
When did "Elite" get redefined to mean "Bad"?

I worked long and hard not be at the mercy of others.

Yet you are.

There is no predator that is not also prey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join