It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish PM Mariano Rajoy opposes Scotland EU talks , "if the UK leave, Scotland leaves".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Wow, Boris Johnson just ruled himself out of the race to become Conservative leader.

Good he would have been a bloody useless leader - and i am a self confessed Tory! I want Jacob Rees-Mogg. Yes, he was born with the silverest of silver spoons in his mouth, but on the flip side he is genuinely admired across the house (happy to assist any MP with any issue), and has both honesty and integrity - without the usual party bias, how many politicians can we genuinely say that about? He also happens to be about the cleverest member of the House..........always a good thing in a potential leader!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
catalonia wants freedom from spain, anyone thats paid any attention, ever, would know that spain stands against any attempt scotland has made to break away, as that would up the ante for the barcelona supporters.
hardly new, or news really.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually just earlier on the news i was watching a senior EU figure saying that they would be very open to talking to Scotland because they view Scotland as a member nation of the EU

No surprise there....they are in principle open to everybody. If you havent figured this one out yet...I'll lay it down for you.

Why is EU taking in countries that are in disarray, both politically and economically (my country being one recent example) ? Because it's more meat for the grinder. Big busyness wants more and more and more consumers. The bigger the consumer base...the better. That's why they dont care about immigration problems...it's just more meat for them, and that's a good thing.

Just one thing worries the EU talking heads...land loss and consumer base loss. The rest is irrelevant.

All the fallout is hardly worrying for the elites as they dont have to live through it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Wow, Boris Johnson just ruled himself out of the race to become Conservative leader.

Good he would have been a bloody useless leader - and i am a self confessed Tory! I want Jacob Rees-Mogg. Yes, he was born with the silverest of silver spoons in his mouth, but on the flip side he is genuinely admired across the house (happy to assist any MP with any issue), and has both honesty and integrity - without the usual party bias, how many politicians can we genuinely say that about? He also happens to be about the cleverest member of the House..........always a good thing in a potential leader!

He is pretty bright for a inbreed toff.

But he is also a dick head as voted for the ESA cuts.

I think Merkal would eat him alive in the negotiations

We need someone who can go toe to toe with that German bitch . so we need to send a ruthless bitch of our own and the only ruthless bitch we have is May.

I hate May and I despise her. But she would be a useful tool. Use her to get a good deal with the EU them deposes of here in the next general election.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Not really an election asset, but I favour Give. His intellect and his stubbornness are what's needed in any negotiations.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

hardly new, or news really

Seems it is to some.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am surprised at the amount of anti Scottish feeling shown on these forums by English people. I didn't realise you hated us quite so much, but I suppose it is in line with all the other hate towards non English going on down there following Brexit. Disgusting attitudes really.

During Scottish referendum in 2014 one of the main arguments for staying in UK was it was the only way for Scotland to remain in EU. And now 20 months later we are being taken out of EU by a bunch of bigoted racists.

So I think we are perfectly entitled to find another way to stay in EU as the vast majority of Scots want to do.

Yes I know lots of English businesses will want to relocate to Scotland, and yes a lot of London's financial businesses will want to relocate to Edinburgh. Too bad for you that's how it goes. Get over it.

edit on b11416116 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigyin
I am surprised at the amount of anti Scottish feeling shown on the forums by English people. I didn't realise you hated us quite so much,

We dont hate you.

We are just sick of your bitching and whining

You had your referendum in 2014 and you knew a EU referedum was on the table.

Plus most us brits cant understand how scotland will be any more independent with only six MEPs out of 700????

originally posted by: bigyin we are being taken out of EU by a bunch of bigoted racists.

So everyone voted out is a bigoted racist?

See ot that sort of talk that pisses me off.

Im not calling all the voted remain stupid eurotards am i ? (Only so e).

Reason I voted out was not immigration but the same reason you on tne remain side fail to acknowledge and thats the utter detachment and incompetence of brusses.

They KNEW the EU needed reform and they did nothing.

They knew countrys were at risk of leaving if they didnt reform they did nothing.

We face the biggest refugee crisis since world war 2 and what do they do? Nothing

All they have done id dither and stall and hide there buerocratic heads in the sand.

But of course you will ignore those points like Jucnker and the rest of brussels.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Do the Scottish people realise that they do far more trade with the rest of the UK than they ever do or will with the EU, if they ever become independent? Seems they are wanting to cut their noses off to spite their face. Apart from oil, what the hell does Scotland have to trade with anyway?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wotan
Do the Scottish people realise that they do far more trade with the rest of the UK than they ever do or will with the EU, if they ever become independent? Seems they are wanting to cut their noses off to spite their face. Apart from oil, what the hell does Scotland have to trade with anyway?

Apart from financial services, whisky, computer software, energy, pharmaceuticals ,tourism, food products etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wotan

Lets say Scotland goes independent and remains part of the EU.

There are loads of England based companies (ie, Morgan Stanley) for who it would make a lot of sense to move their HQ up to Scotland.

I think you would find there could be, if it was done right, a mass exodus of big business to north of the boarder.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Until the EU goes down the toliet.

Then scotlands stuck with nothing.

And trust me the EU will fail.

For the same reason that none of you remain supporters will awnser me on!

The EU is headed by out of touch lunatics who are dithering in there own little world!

These incompetents KNEW a Brexit was a risk if they didnt reform and they did nothing.

They know there is mass unrest and unhappiness in the EU and what do they do?NOTHING!

You want to join a ship who captain is a drunk, the first mate a lunatic and who nav and helmsman are deaf and blind? Go right ahead.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You do realise that not everyone views on politics are as binary as your own.

Yes on balance i think right now it is better for the UK to remain part of the EU, that does not mean i do not think the EU has huge problems and is in need of drastic reform or that I think O'Dave should have negotiated for much better terms for the UK.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Thats the problem I just don't think the EU is capable of reform.

The rot is too deep.

When the UK called for the referendum that should of come as a big wake up call. Sure camron negotiations were pathetic but the EU nations should of taken the whole thing seriously. Hell they shouldn't even have needed dodgy dave and started the reform on there own.

I just cant see how a government so blind and idiotic can change.

Even now they afe dithering and playing silly EU political games.

For me the EU is as likely to reform as north korea.

And thats the key. No oneone on the remain sides can tell me a realistic way to reform the EU.
edit on 1-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I actually kind of agree with you on this that reform in the EU would be very difficult given how deep rooted the problems are and that as such leaving is the only solution in the best interests of the UK.

However I would argue that the UK out of the EU will still have to work very closely with EU and that we would be better of remaining in the EU because as such we can still have a influence over what happens in the EU and vote for Euro-sceptic politicians who might be in a postilion to bring about reform. Out side of the EU we have almost no say on what happens

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I would agree except with the delusional way brussels runs thing I can see it collapseing.

For me the UK is safer out than in when the EU implodes on itself.

Short term yes we were better off in the EU, i 100% agree on that.

But long term i just thought it prospects were dismal.

When it does collapse though I hope a better EU can arise in its place.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Again I can see your point.

However.

Under the terms that we has agreed upon if we were to remain in the EU, the UK would not have been obligated to contribute to any other bail outs for states using the Euro (link)

So I think that our exposure to a collapsing EU would broadly the same, if and when the EU collapses regardless of if the UK is in or out we like all other western states would be hit hard. However if we were still a member when this happens then we have more of a say on how such a crisis would be managed out of the EU we have no say and it would still have a huge impact on us.

Also although i agree that there is a high chance that the EU will collapse economically, it is not a certainty
edit on 1-7-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The advantage while out though is we get some more freedom to open trade deals outside the EU so hopefully we wont have all our eggs in one basket when the EU goes down in flames.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Correct Decision..
Nothing else to add

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The advantage while out though is we get some more freedom to open trade deals outside the EU so hopefully we wont have all our eggs in one basket when the EU goes down in flames.

"Trade deals" are really more of a political sound bite.

We dont have a trade deal with America yet we can still buy American goods and services and vice versa.

Leaving the EU means leaving a market place of half a billion people that constitutes our biggest trading partner. So while yes i agree that leaving the EU might open up a few doors I think that is offset by the huge door that its going to close.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join