It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish PM Mariano Rajoy opposes Scotland EU talks , "if the UK leave, Scotland leaves".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Awww didums

Upset cause you didnt get the vote you want?

Fact it our elected representatives are totally out of touch!

A referendum can highlight how disconnected and out of touch they really are!

And the fact that the European parliament and commission STILL havent taken a look at why they are so unpopular just goes to show how out of touch and disconnected they are even compared to our useless politicians!

If you want to be ruled by such a group of uselessness out of touch beurocrates then why not consider moving to europe?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
And I thought farage was great yesterday !
Big fu to all the corruption going on , I actually enjoyed him .

I thought he was an embarrassment.. Say's it all really when he quotes Hitler's, "You all laughed, well you're not laughing now statement. Class act.
The Guy sitting behind him face palming when he said, "Most of you dont know what a hard days work is..Yeah, (Including you Nigel)... was Vytenis Andriukaitis

Andriukaitis' family was deported to Siberia in June 1941. He, his mother and two older brothers were allowed to return to Lithuania in 1958; his father returned in 1959

First 7 years of life spent in a Gulag, he's now a cardiac Surgeon. He's achieved more in life than you ever will Nigel.

No wonder he facepalmed the silver spooned fascist bag of Rats.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It's been a shambles, but as long as you've got your country back, at least your happy, which is the main thing in life. Petrol prices are going to go up, so you might not get chance to show off your boy racer car off around the estate which is your other love in life, so some downsides for you too, I'm sure the rise in hate crimes was worth it all.
Still looks like you might have to put up with the freedom of movement as part of any access to the common market. Life is all about negotiation and compromise. We all rely on each other. It's a small world and working together is better for everyone. Accept it. It's the world we live in. Not some glory days your granny told you about
edit on 29-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I also tend to be a bit more optimistic, when I read stories like this www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

edit on 29-6-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Did you miss that "most" in the sentence? A cherrypicked example does not contradict what he said.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It's been a shambles, but as long as you've got your country back, at least your happy,

Further away from Jucnker and his Eurocrats the better.

which is the main thing in life. Petrol prices are going to go up, so you might not get chance to show off your boy racer car off around the estate which is your other love in life,

What you blabbering on about?
Trying to make assumptions about me?

For the record I own a Audi and Dont live on a estate.

so some downsides for you too, I'm sure the rise in hate crimes was worth it all.

So because of a few raciest dickheads I'm meant to want to suckle at Merkals and Junckers tits?

They will claim down and the ones that don't can be dealt with.

Still looks like you might have to put up with the freedom of movement as part of any access to the common market.

That was never my main issue with the EU anyway.

Would be nice if we could cut the immigration down to manageable levels though due to simple mathematics.

Life is all about negotiation and compromise. We all rely on each other. It's a small world and working together is better for everyone. Accept it. It's the world we live in. Not some glory days your granny told you about

No argument from me.

I just don't want to be part of some big tyrannical EU political union.

I also tend to be a bit more optimistic, when I read stories like this www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

So you are one of these people that tar all those that voted out as racists?

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I never called you a racist, but you bought into the tight wing populist narrative like many of the racists did. Maybe I bought into the liberal globalist agenda. I can live with that. Better to be willing to change than stuck in your grand parents hay day. Whatever works best as long as your happy, which you never seem to be despite your fortunes and political decision going your teams way.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Plus why is immigration a sticking point?

What it got to gain by forceing it on us?

As you said negotiations are about comprises.

This ridged inflexibility of the EU against the will of the people that make it up is why i voted out, not the immigration per see but stear principle stubbornness and refusal to listen tk the people that make up the EU.

Surely a sensible approach even before the UK left would have been to allow control to reduce (notice i never said stop) immigration until public services and infrastructure can catch up to demand.

Surely a ideal compromise would be to cap EU immigration at 50,000 a year for 10 years while we build more schools hospitals and houses?

That allows some free movement while listening to the people, giving everyone a chance to catch there breath.

But there never is a middle ground with the EU......

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Surely democracy and freedom allows people to "moan and whine" when votes don't go their way, there are valid fears regarding the future now which people should be able to share.. The condescending attitude of some leave voters lacks class.

The worst meme I've seen on facebook shows a group of teenagers partying on facebook, and underneath people in world war two. It completely ignores the fact that alcohol abuse is more of a problem with the middle aged.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I never called you a racist, but you bought into the tight wing populist narrative like many of the racists did. Maybe I bought into the liberal globalist agenda. I can live with that. Better to be willing to change than stuck in your grand parents hay day. Whatever works best as long as your happy, which you never seem to be despite your fortunes and political decision going your teams way.

I never brought into anything.

Hell i didnt even listen to what most the leave campaign said.

Infact 5 years ago i was pro EU and would of voted in!

I made my decision because of:
The inflexibility of the EU

The discontention between brussels and the people.

The unwillingness and inability to reform. Even when disaster is starring it in the face.

The mismanagement of the refugee crisis , and no that doesn't mean send them back before you call me a xenophobe, just the current solution (or lack of) has hurt both the residents of the EU and the immigrants.

The extortion of greece and other poorer members.

The insane salaries Eurocrats earn

The ridiculous waste and expenditure.

Also politically im anti centralisation . Centralism makes corruption and abuse of power easier

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
Surely democracy and freedom allows people to "moan and whine" when votes don't go their way, there are valid fears regarding the future now which people should be able to share.. The condescending attitude of some leave voters lacks class.

The worst meme I've seen on facebook shows a group of teenagers partying on facebook, and underneath people in world war two. It completely ignores the fact that alcohol abuse is more of a problem with the middle aged.

Your allowed to moan and complain.

But your not allowed to try and block and overturn the vote

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well the second referendum thing was a farce (created by a leave voter). Now the referendum is over I'm happy for Brexit to go ahead, it's what the people voted for so we should do it. I'd be disappointed if no-one had the bottle to invoke article 50.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That prick doesnt want to concende Catalonians independence, thats why!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Has me wondering who I allied myself with though when I decided to leave the EU.

You allied yourself with these guys:

Or at least, their diminutive shadows from a bygone era. You have to understand, it's hard for them watching the last vestiges of the empire slip away. Take pity.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

Did you miss that "most" in the sentence? A cherrypicked example does not contradict what he said.

What real job have you done Nigel..?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Farage is a idiot.

But so is Juncker and the entire EU parliament.

Sure they may be experts in there fields but they are useless politicians that make even the monkeys in suits that live in Washington DC look competent.

They spent the last few years dithering and stalling when they whould of been reforming and sorting there crap out. Now the UK leaving and the EU in shambles.
And they still have there head in the clouds.

We faced the biggest refugee crisis since ww2 and instead of coming up with a solution that helps the refugees but safe guards the population of the EU what did they do? Dither and stall. Now there are hundreds of thousands of displaced people, living on the streets or in shanty towns with no support , way to integrate or ability to thrive in the west. And the EU still have there head in the clouds.

Instead of tacking the important issues the EU instead have focused in petty stuff like the shape of vegetables or what power vacuum cleaner we can have.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Let face it the EU was taking away everything from us !

They just wanted to dilute the whole of Europe to make everyone the same , while creaming millions .

Sick off countries sucking on the tits of the U.K. .

Hope we play hardball !

If they impose tariffs that are ridiculous , I'd just charge £1000 pp to holiday in the EU and watch how there economy's suffer .

Than maybe the money would improve our costal villages , our national parks , seaside resorts .

And give the uk economy a big shot in the arm .

And the EU a bit of a thought .
edit on 30-6-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Wow, Boris Johnson just ruled himself out of the race to become Conservative leader.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
A independent Scotland in the EU sounds like a oxymoron to me. Going from 69MP's out of 600 to 6 MEP out of 700 in the EU doesn't seem live a improvement in Independence.

Scotland doesn't want to be independent, it wants a guaranteed sugar daddy. They see the EU as a better source of funding than the UK, which is more important than any such nonsense as proper representation.

It's also interesting to note that, when you consider the turnout, and the percentage of that turnout that voted to remain, only 41.54% of the actual eligible Scottish population voted in favour of the EU.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

A independent Scotland in the EU sounds like a oxymoron to me. Going from 69MP's out of 600 to 6 MEP out of 700 in the EU doesn't seem live a improvement in Independence.

Scotland doesn't want to be independent, it wants a guaranteed sugar daddy. They see the EU as a better source of funding than the UK, which is more important than any such nonsense as proper representation.

It's also interesting to note that, when you consider the turnout, and the percentage of that turnout that voted to remain, only 41.54% of the actual eligible Scottish population voted in favour of the EU.

And what % of eligible population of UK voted to leave the EU?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Oh and you do know Scotland would be a net contributor to the EU?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join