It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Take My Guns, Christy Sheats Said

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

oh, so you know someone who has had that conversation with you over and over?

Sorry, I have a hard time communicating with the narrow-minded.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I am sorry, so confused...

not surprised,

Is that a made up conversation in your head? if so...why? Why did you post it?

it is meant to show that anti gun nutters (and not anti gun supporters are nuts, just the nutty ones) can't focus on any thing but guns.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The probelm is the modern Democrats politician are mostly anti-guns, there's now way around that. Since they took on that stance they have leap frog many who were a bit "left of center" and made them right wingers "at least in their perpective".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Are they anti-gun, or do they believe there needs to be more hoops to jump through to get a firearm. That's an important distinction we need to address.

Since they took on that stance they have leap frog many who were a bit "left of center" and made them right wingers "at least in their perpective".

Not really. Many of us on the Left still exercise and stand-up for the 2nd amendment, but we just can't stand with the gun nuts because, well, they're nutty and don't articulate their rights very well.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

lol, but its a made up conversation, probably just like your made up factoids on why guns are safe, lol

Your posts sure say a lot about the gun-nutters, post away, lol...

edit on 29-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

it is meant to show that anti gun nutters (and not anti gun supporters are nuts, just the nutty ones) can't focus on any thing but guns.

That's not what it shows. It is a made-up conversation that I have yet to hear any anti-gun person say such a thing.

By definition, it is a straw man argument.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Okay I'll bite.

So you want to find a solution to a problem. Do you think gun homicide is a growing epidemic? If yes, do you have stats to prove that? If yes again, do you have a suggestion of a solution? Also, how many people do you think are saved from harm with the use of firearms every year?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Sorry, ive been thru this on other message boards and I know there is no way to talk to a gun nutter

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Typical. An insult instead of answer. That answers all my questions about liberals. Thank You for playing.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

lol, buh bye

but I will probably be back to see all the gun-nutter posts and just laugh bc all you have to do is open your mouth (or post your thoughts) to prove your ignorance...

C-ya

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

That is why I replied with sarcasm in my post. We can't have rational debates without insults and hyperbole.

As a "gun nutter" I'm tired of being rational with people who refuse to listen to facts and logic. It's infuriating.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

That is why I replied with sarcasm in my post. We can't have rational debates without insults and hyperbole.

As a "gun nutter" I'm tired of being rational with people who refuse to listen to facts and logic. It's infuriating.

I don't believe you are one of the "nuts" I referred to. You seem to be much more reasonable.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

a self-proclaimed "Nut" usually is not a nut.

Its the ones who think they are totally normal who end up being the nutters.

There is a big difference between a gun enthusiast and a gun nutter.

edit on 29-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Here's a conversation between me and a Typical Repressed On Line Liberal (TROLL)*

TROLL: A mom killed her kids with guns, something has to be done!!!!! Guns are EVIL!!!!!!!!

ME: Here's a test, name 10 ways that a mother could kill her kids

Ways a mother could kill her two kids

1) Guns
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2) Drown them in a children's pool in the back yard
3) put them in the car and drive it into a lake, blame an unidentified black male
4) stab them and claim it was a home invasion by unidentified black males
5) starve them in a closet
6) damage the pilot light on the stove

Ok this is too depressing to continue. This particular demonic manifestation was with guns, which is unusual; lots of post-partum moms are a lot more gruesome about it.

makes me want to cry for the innocents wiped out by adult demons

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

As do you.

You're a lefty and I'm a righty, yet we can have rational conversations without the BS. That's what adults should be able to do.

Also, it shouldn't be made into a left or right deal, it's more of a common sense thing where we all work together.

But being rational isn't all that fun so now I'm calling you a stupid poop head!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Also, it shouldn't be made into a left or right deal, it's more of a common sense thing where we all work together.

Exactly. That is why I cringe and keep my distance from those that automatically jump to make statements like "the Lefties are coming for our guns" and comments similar to that of the woman in the OP.

Right off the bat it seems that people such as myself, even though I am pro-2nd, are put in an awkward position in which I have to defend my political beliefs before we can even begin to address 2nd amendment issues.

Our rights go well beyond political beliefs and I wish the gun-nut crowd would understand that.

But being rational isn't all that fun so now I'm calling you a stupid poop head!

Ouch...the truth hurts.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

There is a big difference between a gun enthusiast and a gun nutter.

Therein lies the problem. You can't tell the difference until it's to late.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

NO you can quickly tell by their posts.

THis one guy in here literally posted a whole made up imaginary conversation. The ones who cherry pick NRA factoids and always...the Obama Haterz and "end of the world" criers.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You do realize people are gping to kill each other even if all guns were gone,don`t you?What we need is better mental health care,keeping criminals that are violent out of society,and mostly teaching kids basic morality.It`s hate,envy,and revenge that's the real problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

As do you.

You're a lefty and I'm a righty, yet we can have rational conversations without the BS. That's what adults should be able to do.

We can talk all we want about it but our politician's are the ones that can do something about it. Unfortunately the Democrats wanted to ignore the Constitution with their 2 bills, then vote down the Republican versions that had due process included in an attempt to cover the constitution. Then the dems threw a temper tantrum/sit in because they could not violate the constitution to get their way.

So it is very much left against right when it comes to the people that can do anything about it.

The sad part is most gun deaths are from illegally owned guns so any new laws are just political. Making it harder to get guns will just make people go to the black market or create IED's. But I guess it makes the voters feel good that they got some "common sense" laws passed that only already law abidiing people will have to deal with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join