It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerburg actually builds wall after criticizing Trump for just saying he'd do so

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: UnBreakable

This is not the same, its his property, he can do whatever he wants.

It is the same, it's the US's property, they can build a wall if the people want one.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

This is not the same, its his property, he can do whatever he wants.

Of course he can do whatever he wants. And the people are free to call him out on his hypocrisy.

Zuckerberg is building a wall to keep out people he doesn't want there that may steal from him all he has worked hard for.

Trump merely wants to give the U.S. the same benefit of the doubt: Keep out people who want to steal from America all it has worked so hard for.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: veracity

I agree it does not have much relevance to Trumps supposed wall. Zuckerburg wanting to or indeed building a wall around his PRIVATE RESIDENCE is hardly synonymous with constructing a wall around the borders of a nation in an attempt to retard entry of a specific set of people.

We don't want to keep them out for the sake of keeping them out.

We want to keep them out because they cost American jobs, cost American tax payer dollars (when they get hurt, when they have children, when they apply for welfare on behalf of their children, etc.), they come with criminals, drug dealers and rapists (who were criminals, drug dealers and rapists in Mexico and payed the consequences there, and who then come to America because being a criminal in Mexico is way worse than being a criminal in the United States).

There are reasons they are being kept out, the disagreement is if those reasons are worth it or not. A majority think they are.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
The lengths Trump supporters go these days is insanity. So now to justify Trump's wall we're comparing property owned by an individual to property that belongs to over 300 million people LOL. I thought conservatives respected individual freedoms, but that thought is quickly flying out the window as of late.

We don't have a problem with the concept of building a wall around your property (forgetting the other issues here like him blocking his neighbors views) - we have an issue with someone like Zuckerberg, who has voiced dissent against building a border wall to help keep out criminals building one because it's hypocritical. Liberals are at the height of hypocrisy since Obama took office. Like the 26 Democrats who were doing their little temper tantrum sit in who own guns themselves for example.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"You can't have what I have because I'm more important than you."
-Food
-Water
-Healthcare
-Security
-High ROI opportunity
-Tax Loopholes
..just to name a few. I for one am tired of this "special" class of society.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: amicktd
The lengths Trump supporters go these days is insanity. So now to justify Trump's wall we're comparing property owned by an individual to property that belongs to over 300 million people LOL. I thought conservatives respected individual freedoms, but that thought is quickly flying out the window as of late.

We don't have a problem with the concept of building a wall around your property (forgetting the other issues here like him blocking his neighbors views) - we have an issue with someone like Zuckerberg, who has voiced dissent against building a border wall to help keep out criminals building one because it's hypocritical. Liberals are at the height of hypocrisy since Obama took office. Like the 26 Democrats who were doing their little temper tantrum sit in who own guns themselves for example.

That makes no sense, a wall that separates a country is not the same as separating your personal property. I don't like Zuckerberg as much as the next guy, but that doesn't mean we should start taking away his rights because thats the only angle Trump supporters have to argue his wall idea.

I don't even know why you brought up guns. I like guns too and own a few myself, but I'm not gonna play your partisan politics game. Save that crap for another sucker. I'm not dedicated to a party and only look at what the candidates goals are when determining who I will vote for.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I know what the definitions of Mis-informed, ignorant and narrow-minded are and I know when people can be described as such. I also know the definition of hypocrisy and MZ is not being hypocritical.

But yes, you are free to be as ignorant and judgmental as you want

edit on 30-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I despise both men approximately equally, so I have no dog in this fight. If Suckerberg wants to build a wall on his personal property, that's his right. If neighbors don't like it, they should build a taller house. Personally, I prefer a nice fence or thick row of bushes, but hey, different strokes and all....
As for the Donald, I feel his proposed wall is more of a symbol than an actual barrier. I'm on the fence (cheesy pun intended) about the wall. I actually think Donald's heart might be in the right place but a wall isn't going to solve the illegal immigration problem. There is a neat new technology on the market for climbing over things, I believe its called a ladder.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join