It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Zuckerburg actually builds wall after criticizing Trump for just saying he'd do so

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I can tell you if I built a million dollar home on that property and had someone come in and obstruct my view I would be furious. The views and the breezes are what make those properties so expensive to begin with. Even my neighborhood has 'zoning laws' or policies, and in that area obstructing the views of others should have been written in.

He has the right to do it apparently, but it makes him a big fat jerk.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So building a wall/fence on his property is hypocritical?

Yeah, because that's the same as wasting monies on a Mexican wall.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The lengths Trump supporters go these days is insanity. So now to justify Trump's wall we're comparing property owned by an individual to property that belongs to over 300 million people LOL. I thought conservatives respected individual freedoms, but that thought is quickly flying out the window as of late.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If they make him take down his wall. Others should be allowed to have highways removed, businesses moved, etc. I mean I could literally go on all day. All it takes is a little bit of logical thinking.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If you havent been to Kaui might be difficult to understand... but Walls there are not normal from what I saw... its very much an open almost hippy like group of people trying very hard to live in harmony with the island.

I am not arguing about comparing Trump and MZ...

But MZ is a douche bag for dropping in a wall on that island, it will be a blight on the landscape.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Osfan89

I think a moat is a great idea, why don't people ever build moats anymore?

Because people don't wander around in 200lbs of armor anymore.

And the liability insurance is astronomical!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

This is not the same, its his property, he can do whatever he wants.

the USA is the property of USA citizens, and the majority want a wall. How is that different?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

There is no conclusive proof that the majority want a wall. The US is a huge nation, and to survey it adequately to even HINT at a true majority opinion would be nearly as big of a task as actually having an election.

All the surveys sponsored in the US by media organisations like Newsmax and others, are about as useful in determining the actual opinion of Americans, as trying to discern their opinions when exclusively listening to Al Gore sponsored statements about the bloody environment.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There is no conclusive proof that the majority want a wall. The US is a huge nation, and to survey it adequately to even HINT at a true majority opinion would be nearly as big of a task as actually having an election.

All the surveys sponsored in the US by media organisations like Newsmax and others, are about as useful in determining the actual opinion of Americans, as trying to discern their opinions when exclusively listening to Al Gore sponsored statements about the bloody environment.

So are you saying that any current presidential polls that show Hillary in the lead are inaccurate? After all, it's not 'conclusive' proof and just a small sampling.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Typical limousine lib hypocrisy. Let's count the ways...

1) Everyone else needs to give up their air conditioning, cars, and reduce their "carbon foot" print while the liberal elite get the drive SUVs, live in multiple 20,000 square foot mansions, fly private planes, etc.

2) We shouldn't have guns while the liberal elite gets to live in gated communities and high rises with armed security. Or worse, they get their own "special" concealed carry permits.

3) Our healthcare system gets blown up while the liberal elites in congress/senate exempt themselves

4) We can't have school choice when it comes to public schools, but the the liberal elite get to send their snowflakes to exclusive private schools

Granted, if the property is owned by Zuckerburg, he can do whatever he wants with it which means building a fence. The reasons for building a fence are obviously privacy and protecting his property from uninvited guest. Of course, when the American people decide they want to do the same thing to our border, we are being racists or xenophobes.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Very probably.

Britain was showing as staying in the EU in many polls...until it wasn't. The trend you seen in one thousand people, does not scale neatly when dealing with tens of millions of people.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Exactly. The lib mantra of "do as I say, not as I do".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

even if it were the "majority", even if just 2 americans did not want the wall...that is how it is different

among many other ways ...

edit on 29-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Eh, semantics. If you ask the majority of US Americans they will say they would prefer a wall than no wall.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

even if it were the "majority", even if just 2 americans did not want the wall...that is how it is different

among many other ways ...

If those 2 get their way then we have to do that for every single person that doesn't get their way, and well I'm sure you can imagine how that will go.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

perhaps a majority of YOUR friends prefer a wall, but not the majority of Americans. There are MANY people in America that you do not even know exist who do not share your same views.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He is not "All Liberals", Zuckerberg is a jerk. Singular. Hypocrites are everywhere, across the entire political spectrum.

Isolating a single universally disliked asshole to represent an entire group to make a point makes your potentially valid point far too easy to dismiss.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Every poll shows the majority of Americans would prefer a wall.

You are in the 49%.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

but...Ive never participated in a poll, maybe I could tip the imaginary scale (pole).

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So many of these liberal figureheads are complete hypocrites. They claim to fight for freedom while advocating for bigger government, more laws, more restrictions, more censorsghip and stripping away our rights... but are exempt from the rules they make.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join