It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Muslim country being attacked proves that terrorism has no religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Acts of terrorism within factious groups in any given country is do for punishment, anybody that doesn't adhere to the ruling terrorist group doctrine is an enemy, that includes everybody. This people believes in their religious law allows for them to kills their own family member in honor killings what that tells you.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Understood.
I am definitely not calling all Muslims bloodthirsty murderers, nor do I think that Christians are incapable of atrocities.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Modern terrorism is not about Christians but Islamic terrorist, that is what is in the news everyday.

Christianity is been outdated by Islam, when it comes to violent in the name of God.

Sadly Islam has been slaughtering their own people also.

Islam is no a religion of peace, is a religion of submission. While we get to be told that Islam meaning is peace is only peace to those that accept Islam as their only way to worship

In Arabic, the word “Islam” means submission or surrender – however, it was derived from the root word “salam”. From this root word, you can also derive the words peace and safety. Many people feel that Islam implies some sort of enslavement to Allah, but others find it more helpful to define the word “Islam” as surrender.

All religions goal, is to have their followers surrender to God, but also all religions goes to the extreme to enforce it in any give historical period.

Most Muslims are not evil, neither are all terrorist, in their hart but their religion opens the door to violence and killing in the name of their believes, in the name of religion any given religion more people had died in the world than for any other given reason

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Understood.
I am definitely not calling all Muslims bloodthirsty murderers, nor do I think that Christians are incapable of atrocities.

Thank you for a balanced response. Not something i am used to seeing on ATS these days. It just seems like we are all buying into the madness our media portrays.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Modern terrorism is not about Christians but Islamic terrorist, that is what is in the news everyday.

And i am not absolving any Islamic terrorists of blame. However, you could also argue that the uptick in Islamic terrorism is a direct consequence of repressive neo con policies for the last 30 years. For example, there would have been no rise of Daesh / ISIS without unfounded Western interference in the Iraq. So we (as Westerners) also have to shoulder our responsibility. Failure to do so, and the resulting scouring of our policies, means we are doomed to keep repeating this.

My way forward is simple. Be completely ruthless with any extremists either advocating or taking part in killing others. All nations work together. When you travel, you seen realise that the vast majority of people worldwide simply want to be left to get on with their own lives, not worry about all these media driven agendas. Do you honestly think your average Yemeni really cares about Daesh or any new fatwa that a spurious Mullah may have raised? They are far more concerned with looking after their families or tending their livestock. And that is similar for most people.

Everything is distorted to create an agenda. Heck, even when you see Pakistani's or Iranian's burning US / British flags, you don't hear the usual back story to accompany it - how they are poor, illiterate people who are paid to turn up and burn flags.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I blame religion for much of the violence, divisiveness and killing on this planet. To ignore that the Islamic religion is not a catalyst for all these killings is ignoring the basic fact it's imbedded in their belief system. Just because the "good" Islamic followers don't engage in the violence doesn't mean many don't quietly condone it!

Please explain to me why any sane person would want to follow any religious belief if members of their faithful are justifying terrorism? If you believe in an all loving God and see members of your faithful resort to such barbaric acts of murder, it would certainly go against everything you believe in! So all these Islamic followers are saying no, no, we don't condone these killings, but yet we still follow these twisted beliefs of Islam! We're not only talking about a few believers were talking an entire movement! They're entire videos showing Muslims sitting in mosques condoning killing gays and non-believers!

Being politically correct is all nice and fuzzy, but you're ignoring the basic violent beliefs of Islam. Yes, the Christian bible also has some violent and questionable beliefs. Christian Crusades were based upon Christian beliefs! I was raised Catholic and no longer believe in any religion.

I'm sorry if I offend people who believe in this crap, but in my heart and soul, any writings that involves enslaving women, condones violence, pushes for laws to uphold their religious beliefs, condemning people to the fires of hell, and killing in the name of their God, simply would not come from a loving God.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What an ignorant thread.. it reeks of you wanting this to be true. The flaws in your reasoning must be apparent to all but the most childish of intellects.

Of course terrorism has no religion, but there's a strong correlation between terrorism and Islam. Islam has "bloody borders", why do you think that is? Isn't Islam supposed to be "the religion of peace"? The newspeak is astonishing. Liberals choose the most violent religion on the planet and start calling it the religion of peace.. maybe they think saying it enough times will actually make it true.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Read up a bit on Islam.
Muslims have been fighting each other for centuries..... about their religion. Shia and Sunni.
Today, there are Muslims blowing each other up in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

catholics and protestants have been fighting eachother ever since late 1960''s in the UK. Whats your point ?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Do you see the problem, it´s not one cult that is the problem!
It`s them all!

Yah, man is the problem. Religion is the excuse.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

5:32 is the one of the most twisted, out of context, misused verses apologists use to say Islam is peaceful. It's a direct rip from the Talmud which was intended for the "people of the book" (Jews)

“Therefore the man was created singly, to teach that he who destroys one soul of a human being, the Scripture considers him as if he should destroy a whole world, and him who saves one soul of Israel, the Scripture considers him as if he should save a whole World.” (Babylonian Talmud) [1]

Instead, apologists have twisted it to suggest it's talking about Muslims and all mankind. When ever they quote it, they conveniently like to drop the first line "Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel ". It even says it right there.

But! it doesn't stop there. What does it mean "Because of that" ? Because of what?. You need to look at the preceding verse before it...

Surah 5:31

Then Allah sent a crow searching in the ground to show him how to hide the disgrace of his brother. He said, "O woe to me! Have I failed to be like this crow and hide the body of my brother?" And he became of the regretful.

A little history on this verse. This is the story of Cain killing his brother Able. (People of the book) After Cain had murdered his brother, the crow came to dig up the earth to show Cain where to bury and hide his evil deed.

Muhammad traveled extensively as a Merchant. He knew many of the stories told regarding the Torah and Hellenistic period during his travels and plagiarized these events as he wrote the Quran. He managed to fabricate his version based on memory of what he had learned, except this particular verse he didn't actually understand. He told everyone he was the last messenger from God and the Jews got everything wrong from previous messengers (Jesus, Noah, Abraham etc.) They were all Muslims, not Jews as per Muhammad. The Jews (somehow) got everything backwards. So, when trying to tie the murder of Abel to his version, Muhammad, aka Allah, erroneously mistook Quran 5:32 to be a revealed verse of the Torah. He didn’t know that it was in the Talmud and couldn’t figure out how “Whoever kills one person, merits punishment as if he had slain all the men in the world” was connected to the Abel and Cain story.

Everyone please remember this the next time you hear verse 5:32 as evidence that Islam is peaceful. It's all muddled up and makes no sense.

edit on 29-6-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"A muslim country being attacked proves that terrorism has no religion"

Which is why so many of them die shouting "unbelief is the best!", right?

They also post long videos explaining how the western leaders are merely fulfilling the prophecies contained in Karl Marx's Das Kapital, and why they film videos themselves reading it aloud in the original German, right?

They attack the West because of the preferential flows of investment dollars into economically exploitative industries in their homelands, which shield their ruling elites from the consequences of never investing in infrastructure or raising the standard of living by allowing the proletariat to participate in the ownership of the means of production. Is that how they talk?

And their recruitment videos, with those long-winded quotes from An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, set to a techno-pop beat; the ones that inspire their youths to fly home to Syria to take economics classes, right?

the truth is, you need it to be about something besides the thing they say it is about. Because you would never fight a war over religion, attacking your own people and innocent civilians, you assume no one else would, either.
edit on 29/6/2016 by redempsh because: had to edit; I just saw the Fnords!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Religious terrorism is fueled by any means and it doesn't have to be politics only, it just happen that modern politics is what in modern days is the fuel for conflicts, but sadly it also had fueled most conflicts in the world since the beginning of government.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Islam is not compatible with western values.

don't reply to me as I couldn't gaf about any of your feelings about it and I won't be back as I really just came for the cheap laughs.

fuis cklam.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Muslim bashing or Muslim truth? You see, the US was founded on freedom. Freedom of choice, religion,speech. All things that the ideology of Islam does not promote. I do not even think I will call it a religion anymore because it is just one part of the entire pill you are to swallow.

There are countries where Christians are hunted, killed and exiled. Many of those countries are heavily filled with Muslims. I do not remember the last time a Lutheran suicide bomber hit a Methodist church but if you can find it I will retract the statement.

Also, the military industrial complex being blamed for attacking Islam and being Christian. Yeah, there are Muslims, Agnostics, Atheists...all sorts of religions fighting for freedom.

Islam is not evil. It is just a way of like that a lot on the planet do not want and will fight till the death to make sure it does not happen.

It is also not even terrorism anymore it is a war. A war against those who follow an ideology that wants to fundamentally change the US. You know, like BArack Obama said a few days before the election.
edit on 06am30amf0000002016-06-29T11:08:22-05:001122 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Attacking other muslims and claiming they are not true muslims si one of the hallmarks of true islam.

That is the way it has been, non-stop since it's inception.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: 41 dead and more than 230 hurt

If Islam was the issue here then extremists would not be attacking Islamic countries. The problem is not Islam, it is extremists and their warping of a religion.

Well it is obvious you have little understanding as to why Muslims kill each other more than infidels which BTW they also want to kill. Maybe if you do a little research you will see why they kill each other for the past 2000 years lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Read up a bit on Islam.
Muslims have been fighting each other for centuries..... about their religion. Shia and Sunni.
Today, there are Muslims blowing each other up in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

catholics and protestants have been fighting eachother ever since late 1960''s in the UK. Whats your point ?

My point was that the OP isn't talking about Christians bombing anyone in Turkey in the recent attack.
Don't you agree?

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Orrrr A muslim country attacking itself and blaming terrorists to start new wars and take more rights. (HmmH that reminds me of 911) i am on Holiday in Turkey right now (Marmaris) and let me tell you the security at the airport and borders are a freaking joke. Today i went on a boattrip to Rhodos Greece and when i came back in Marmaris they only checked my bag. And not what i had on my body! I could be wearing a bombvest and nobody would know it untill it was to late. And oh yeah i was the only 1 out of at least 100 people that had their bag checked... i must look dangerous i think.. Most here on ATS know that Turkey funds IS. And by looking at their security here it's as easy as stealing candy from kids. Why am i even on ats im gonna enjoy the rest of my vacation. Peace!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

If Islam was the issue here then extremists would not be attacking Islamic countries. The problem is not Islam, it is extremists and their warping of a religion.

I think you are wrong.

Muslims have been killing each other for fifteen hundred years, precisely because they are Muslims. There is great antipathy between the different denominations and branches of Islam that is manifest in intolerance, violence and brutality.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Recent terrorist attacks in the EU can be seen as an EU intelligence EUropol(Gestapo) orchestrated chaos as distraction while Draghi attempt to bailout the MPS blackhole! Get Juergen Stark, stop Hyperinflation, no dealing with psychotic countries that bankrupted themselves for the sake of the race to the bottom!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join