It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drylands or flow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

There is only Now and if you know now truly you are free from all the dross and lies and false promises. Now contains everything and is eternity. The future is nothing more than a black board in your mind and the past a photograph of events. Nothing wrong with looking at the blackboard or the photos as long as you are doing it here right here, right now. Sounds easy and it is, but for it to be so one must become a master of being in the now. This is achieved via practice, practice means being it, not pretending it. But if you fancy pretending it at firsts before you slip in that is ok. Just don’t get stuck in pretending, because that is a form of delay. Now is a river that flows full of gifts if one knows how to stand in that flowing river, if not you may just be dreaming in the wastelands far away from the flow. As you stand in the flow, you will see others who are stuck in dryland or sadland. No matter what don’t leave the flow, there are really only two options dryland or the flow. To love someone, doesn’t mean to step out of the flow. The best you can do is be there now and if anything that may just be an example for another. It doesn’t make you better than another, There is no another to be better than,
whilst your in the now you will know this to be true, step out and a billion illusions will be there trying to convince you. The choice is always there, but not everybody can see that. Fortunate is the one who knows and the one who rediscovers what was is always there.

Eliberocelta @ el Torcal June 2016
edit on 29-6-2016 by ancientthunder because: remove dot

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

yeah...

it is very wonderful indeed when we start to figure out what now really means.

although i still often forget it is just a pointer needed to be realized by correct practice of the void or emptiness.

learning what concept of now really is pointing to and losing that concepts in suchness; letting go and slipping into the flow takes practice as the mind still needs a lot of checking and attention when we are learning about being aware of suchness.

mind is vast like the sky and clouds are like thoughts, which come around with the wind...and go with the wind...until they dissolve...
Letting the wind flow by and not let it lead you into the storm...is the practice.

wind represents desires.
edit on 1467186201643June436433016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I liked that ancientthunder...

I like to sit on the bank with my toes in the water.

S+F my friend.

Regards midicon.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi Midicon, glad to see you around and many thanks for enjoying the splash! Best as always Ancienta reply to: midicon

top topics

join