It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you rate sex?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I'm so desperate, I've had to resort to spiking my own drinks.

Best answer yet .

Thanks for the lol

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
They say that marriage and familiarity breed contempt, but if they do, you're doing it wrong.

Seriously, being with one you love only makes it better, a lot better. How could not with 20 years of practice?

I think the key is all about being emotionally and spiritually wrapped up in each other, not just physically.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Yes, orgasm feels like a pretty good drug, but other than that, I don't think it is that great. It is much less than our western culture makes it out to be.
It's 3D stuff, nothing more. It's there, and then it's gone a second later.

I'm hoping there is something much better than sex. Time will tell. Something longer lasting.

I thought you were serious when I first read this. LOL!

This is a joke...right?

If this isn't a joke, I feel sorry for you. Sincerely I do.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Heh heh heh!

The Velcro Abomination strikes again!

Sorry about that DeadFoot!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Any type of sexual or mainly physical contact with the opposite sex usualy turns into an epic moment.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Now that I have found my soul mate, sex has become a transcendental experience for BOTH of us. And she was experienced, more so than me...but we have found physical pleasure that surprises me is possible. I would rate ours a 33 on a scale of 1-10.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Scale of 1-10?

The right 6

The left 8

*Thank you very much, goodnight!*

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I just came back to read that post of True Brit again.
And again....

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I and me pesty besty here are now depressed

We've had nothing but bad luck with men. She's so paranoid she thinks someone may have done something to her car. And is mad because some (work related) guy snubbed her. I do believe this person to have the hots for her and that makes him mad because he's married. And she's out of his league too.

I say it's the hand of fate because today's the deadline for our (local, city) vehicle stickers, which go on the inside, and she can't get in the car, key battery failed. Replacements not working either. It's simple logic. Murphy's Law dictates that of course this will happen on the day before you need your sticker on.

I say relax. The cops were cool about it. They could've thrown you into the Homan Square "black site". I don't think "this guy" would've done anything either.

He's a weird guy anyway. And men do have that tactic where they for some reason think it will bring them success by being rude to good looking women. Or I suppose anyone they lust after.

Here's a depressing thing she showed me:

halloftheblackdragon.com...

Yeah I know it, I'm not half bad myself, and men have always been weird around me. From nasty lechers to mean people to guys that seemed ok and then you go out with them for awhile and they become clingy and controlling. And even worse: guys who act like they're all in favor of your plans while biding their time to launch their ulterior motives. Which generally boil down to trying to get you pregnant in order to lock you down.

This has a label, a term for it, it's called Reproductive Coercion. I do need to thank my friend here for putting me onto that. It has a name. And there is too much info to link, just search this. Which I urge all to do because you need to watch out for people who might attempt this.

You can't trust anyone because you never know. If you are good looking men are often strange and weird around you, and often flat out rude and mean.

Yes. Not all. But when you had enough of this you begin to see all people this way and you can't trust anyone. You think everyone is a liar or user or player. And get with a so called 'nice guy' and he's trying to turn you into Stepford Wife.

And because of this you don't have "feelings", right? You literally can't feel what others do. Paranoia?

Well you do feel robbed of something, somehow.

I said to my friend, you're past 40 now and you will care less. Live for yourself. And this is rather disturbing to me and sad but I understand too because I was sick and injured in the past too. She was sick a few years ago and says "the chemo drugs killed off what was left of the sex drive." And claims she's got menopause already because no more periods. This could be, I think serious illness and strange drugs can do it to you, even if you are kind of young for that. It could be though.

There are what they call the "invisible disabilities". Sure you might be 40 but you look late 20s and are attractive and people have their own ideas.

Some guy said to her, a worker come in for repairs : Why are you here? And further interrogation as to her work. Yeah you call a person to come fix something for you and - this? In her words she said - I'm here because of YOU! Right, I asked you to come and fix whatever.

Yes it's all extremely bizarre. Men say the damned strangest things to you. Often in a confrontational manner. I know this guy too and, yeah. What the hell? Do these types, which are known to hang around dive bars, walk into said bar and shout at the bartender: Why are YOU here?

I missed something about "being sick", which is that did it ever occur to people that some others might be anti social because they have been sick? And when there are injury lawyers advertising on TV 24 7, people see those ads day in and day out and yet it does not occur to them that someone may have been sick?

My friend is mad. And apologizing for pestering me. She says: I don't have anyone else to talk to.

It's ok because I don't either and I take the same crap.

There's another point I'm missing here, which is that people make assumptions about you. In the same way you could say a person might not know you were sick, true, but they should know enough to be open minded. Or to at least think "I don't really know this person, I should not make snap judgements let alone say mean things to them."

Here's where "the car" could work as analogy too (and trust I am not mocking those into cars, I do have a Jaguar myself), people will be jealous of that too. You have a 40 thousand dollar sports car? Sure they're jealous! And men wise (women too), people assume a husband or sugar daddy bought you the car. And not only will they not talk to you, or fear approaching you, they may sneer at you as a "gold digger" or something, I guess, the angry ones may give you looks, few dare to engage with you out of fear, but also the guys who might be interested, and might be a good guy - they are fearful too.

And it never seems to occur to people that we girls might be into cars and know how to shop for, maintain, and mod them. Hell, some of us might even have degrees in mechanical engineering.

This never occurs to people. Especially men. And Suburban Dads try to race us in their family trucksters! LOL NO Dad! I don't know about my car but friend says 'only Lotus and up go'. And a particular Corvette engine which the details I already forgot.

Yeah men. I haven't had the best of luck either. Also, you best watch what you say about your education because then you might be "too smart". Men don't like smart women. Some will argue against this, and it may be true for some, age comes into this too because the Old School guys are not so open minded.

Bottom line: If you are reasonably intelligent and even slightly above average looks wise: Men are jerks to you. You cannot trust any of them. And even if they do seem somewhat ok, they may have hidden plans for you.

And you can't relax at all, sex seems like a chore. They test you a lot and try to manipulate and "gaslight" you. And let's not forget what the kids call "Negging" these days. That's nothing new.

Why they can't just act as a decent, caring person I don't know. Act as how they act toward their friends and family.

And again, "Not All Men". But when you've had so much of this you get totally burnt out and paranoid and you can never really trust people. It mentally maims you in many ways.

Read that linked article I posted, and the comments. Read it and weep.

This is us.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Yes, orgasm feels like a pretty good drug, but other than that, I don't think it is that great. It is much less than our western culture makes it out to be.
It's 3D stuff, nothing more. It's there, and then it's gone a second later.

I'm hoping there is something much better than sex. Time will tell. Something longer lasting.

Sex is soooo dependent on chemistry. I've never had the "same" sex with any two people; it's always unique. I spent the first few decades of my life not really appreciating it for what it was. But experience, maturity, and authenticity will do more for a sex life than any thing else I can think of.

Now days? It's damn near the best thing in the world. It's when you allow yourself to be vulnerable and honest with the universe and with your partner(s)... that's when it reaches a different level. When it feels wonderful, engaging, and maybe a little scary. That's when I know I'm doing it right.

So to answer whether or not "there is something much better than sex", that really depends on how good you decide the sex will be. It sounds like maybe there are quite a few things better than the sex you decide to have. That's entirely up to you. There's no rules that say you have to like it or do it nor any that say there is something wrong with you for being totally not into it. That's the beauty of being human with our fun little bodies that move around and interact with other little fun bodies. That level of interaction is totally unscripted and your own choice.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: droid56

Jesus...

Look, it's been a hell of a long time for me, but I can still, if I shut my eyes, think really hard, not to mention ignore the emotional agony involved, feel every hair on my body quiver, the sound of gasping, screaming, the feeling of being as close to a human being as it is possible to get without some sort of matter teleportation accident, nails down my back and bruising on my flesh, and the giddy sensation of realisation that comes when one notices that one has been involved in a variation on the same theme of activity, from sundown to sun up, without ever feeling like stopping. I could go other places with that, but for gods sake, think of the children!

Jesus, indeed. Thank you for that, my word.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FalseMove

....uh....okay...but
Sex.... what do you think about sex??

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Oh dear! What madness have I wrought?

It was not my intention to create such a re-readable post! I will be more careful in future to avoid such primal utterances, lest they become a distraction!

a reply to: Abysha

You are most welcome!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FalseMove

With regards to the key problem, it may be that the original car keys transponder chip has lost the access data. Most cars built after 1996 have a transponder inside of them. This chip carries a sort of electronic handshake, which talks to the engine management unit inside the car. If one or both of these articles are not speaking the same language, the key will fail.

Lost data on a car key usually results from either a fault with the chip itself, or the batteries inside the key having been allowed to die. Many car keys can only retain data for a handful of seconds, without a steady flow of battery power to maintain them. On the rare occasion a cars engine management unit can develop a fault as well, leading to the same access problems.

In some cases, it's possible to have an automotive locksmith recode the key, by accessing the vehicles OPD port or other cable input/output access, reading the required code from the engine management system, and cloning the data to a new key. Sometimes though, it is necessary to have engine, keys, and even the door barrels of some cars reprogrammed entirely, which can be somewhat costly.

In the event of a replacement key not turning the engine or opening the doors, it may be that a full reprogramming is required.

I hope the problem your friend is having is solved in due course!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You do have to remember that you are over 50 and things start breaking
down and shutting down.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Oh dear! What madness have I wrought?

It was not my intention to create such a re-readable post! I will be more careful in future to avoid such primal utterances, lest they become a distraction!

No, no.... I copied it to read to my husband when he gets home tonight (after a business trip).
There will be candles and scented oils involved. Thanks for that!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

In that case, I will simply say "you are welcome" in advance!

Everyone.... Brace yourselves. There is a forecast for possible tectonic activity for the evening ahead.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join