It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone educate me on Muslims, Sharia Law?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Several religions in the US have their own laws. Amish, Mennonites, some Jewish sects. Sharia Law is no different. It only applies to those who choose it.

It does not supersede US law.

Manufactured paranoia.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Muslims are a minority in the US. Why people fear monger about Sharia Law is beyond me.

Muslims can't take over the US. Muslims aren't trying to take over the US.

You know what did take over the US? Corporations, Wall Street, the wealthy.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

What about those studies done, that say a few percent, Muslims are peaceful, but when they are more and more... They get more and more violent?

Completely fabricated studies?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

What about those studies done, that say a few percent, Muslims are peaceful, but when they are more and more... They get more and more violent?

Completely fabricated studies?

Muslims are under US law.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Religions by nature seek to convert.

I agree with you that are current problems are more corporations, banks and the like, it doesn't mean Muslims could not be a problem, unless the studies I've seen are falsified, that claim as Muslim populations rise even into several percents, they get more and more violent etc..

Are those studies fabricated?

My apologies for the lack of a link. In bed on my tablet.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Sorry for the lack of a link right now.

I just read as Muslim population percentages increase so does the radical aspects of Muslims, even exponentially. A few percent may be harmless but even 10, 20 percent and bad things happen.. this would be relevant in any country in the world, unless the claims are false.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Regarding your source:

What do you expect?

Robert Bruce Spencer (born February 27, 1962) is an American author and blogger and a key figure of the Counterjihad movement in the United States.

Spencer, a self-proclaimed expert on radical Islam, has published twelve books including two New York Times best-selling books. In 2003 he founded and has since directed Jihad Watch, a blog which he describes as containing "news of the international jihad, [and] commentary" which is dedicated to "bringing public attention to the role that jihad theology and ideology plays in the modern world, and to correcting popular misconceptions about the role of jihad and religion in modern-day conflicts".

He has also co-founded Stop Islamization of America (SIOA) and the Freedom Defense Initiative with blogger Pamela Geller, with whom he also co-authored a book, The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration's War on America. His viewpoints have been described as anti-Islamic or Islamophobic. The UK Home Office has barred Spencer and Geller from travel to the UK for "making statements that may foster hatred that might lead to inter-community violence".

Also, Spencer is a Greek Orthodox Catholic.

en.wikipedia.org...(author)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Only JIHADISTS who should be targeted want Sharia law.
I would say most moderates prefer the less decadent traits of western life,but to attempt to usurp the constitution by cultural bias and you are picking a horrible fight.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The US Constitution means nothing to Islam even the US Government continually try and rip it up.

Hang onto free speech and your guns for defence America, the Kafirs are gonna need them in the future.

They estimate in 30-50 years the US will be Islamic, but not if freedom fighters such as Robert Spencer, Brigitte Gabriel, Pamela Geller etc stand up ,get educated on Islam, learn how they are fighting a war with you and us from within.

Robert Spencer on Hillary Clinton’s war against free speech, Islam

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Another source

Note: I do not believe these statistics originate from this site, but I don't have the time to look into origins - Do you believe these statistics are valid, or only made up?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The Muslims I know do not follow Sharia Law as much as US Laws. Seems as if they love their freedoms as much or more than any other . Maybe the reason they pulled their families from those countries and moved to the US to become citizens in the first place? But, just like in the news recently , there are extremists that want to topple the US and bring the caliphate here. I would hope there were very few of these , and they need deported.

Then they're not true Muslims.

And true Muslims would consider it their duty to slaughter them as with the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

What percentage of Muslims are true Muslims in the context you are using, though?

I'm here to learn about Islam and sharia law and such, not just make statements, if you could please tell me where you learned this or how relevant it is - I want to know if it's legitimately an issue or fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

The Muslims I know do not follow Sharia Law as much as US Laws. Seems as if they love their freedoms as much or more than any other . Maybe the reason they pulled their families from those countries and moved to the US to become citizens in the first place? But, just like in the news recently , there are extremists that want to topple the US and bring the caliphate here. I would hope there were very few of these , and they need deported.

And true Muslims would consider it their duty to slaughter them as with the rest of us.

Uhhh, Sharia is human law. Muslim is the religion. Of course some folks for some reason cant make that distinction .
Peace
edit on 6/29/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Exactly, under strong Islamic authority they can be killed for hypocrisy and being an apostate for not following the book.

It isn`t the millions of Muslims who don`t follow their books to the letter, its those do and in power who rule that do, that is very dangerous, once these authorities come into power these friendly Muslims turn quickly and get in line.
edit on 29-6-2016 by gps777 because: bb code

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Another source

Note: I do not believe these statistics originate from this site, but I don't have the time to look into origins - Do you believe these statistics are valid, or only made up?

I believe People are People.

Good people will be good people. I will treat them as they treat me.

As there is extreme Christianity, there is extreme other.

Good people following Sharia Law are good people.

Extremists are extremists.

Numbers do not differentiate between Good People and Extremists.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
originally posted by: Annee

Wrong .This is what the MSM pump into people to believe. These so called good people who follow Sharia to the letter, which is the Quran = Hadith are people exactly like ISIS who follow Mohamad's example and words, so you being a woman and non believer would be beheaded or made a sex slave.

Extreme Christian doesn`t even exist either, they are people who follow Christ`s example and words.

Oh and Muslims when not in a position to dominate are to be friendly and smile at us but hate us in their heart, by their book.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

According to Pew-

A significant minority (21%) of Muslim Americans say there is a great deal (6%) or a fair amount (15%) of support for extremism in the Muslim American community. That is far below the proportion of the general public that sees at least a fair amount of support for extremism among U.S. Muslims (40%). And while about a quarter of the public (24%) thinks that Muslim support for extremism is increasing, just 4% of Muslims agree.

Overall, just 5% of Muslim Americans express even somewhat favorable opinions of al Qaeda. Yet hostility toward al Qaeda varies – 75% of foreign-born U.S. Muslims say they have a very unfavorable opinion of al Qaeda, compared with 62% of all native-born Muslims and 56% of native-born African American Muslims. However, the proportion of African American Muslims expressing very unfavorable opinions of al Qaeda has increased from 39% four years ago.

Perhaps relatedly, 40% of native-born African American Muslims believe that there is at least a fair amount of support for extremism among U.S. Muslims, compared with just 15% among foreign born Muslim Americans.

Overwhelming numbers of Muslim Americans believe in Allah (96%), the Prophet Muhammad (96%) and the Day of Judgment (92%). Yet the survey finds that most reject a dogmatic approach to religion. Most Muslim Americans (57%) say there is more than one true way to interpret the teachings of Islam; far fewer (37%) say that there is only one true interpretation of Islam. Similarly, 56% of Muslim Americans say that many different religions can lead to eternal life; just 35% say that Islam is the one true faith that leads to eternal life.

That means 37% believe in Sharia, the only true interpretation of Islam.

According to the just-released survey of Muslims, a majority (51%) agreed that “Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to shariah.” When that question was put to the broader U.S. population, the overwhelming majority held that shariah should not displace the U.S. Constitution (86% to 2%).

More than half (51%) of U.S. Muslims polled also believe either that they should have the choice of American or shariah courts, or that they should have their own tribunals to apply shariah. Only 39% of those polled said that Muslims in the U.S. should be subject to American courts

Even more troubling, is the fact that nearly a quarter of the Muslims polled believed that, “It is legitimate to use violence to punish those who give offense to Islam by, for example, portraying the prophet Mohammed.”

link1
link2

And according to pew, there's 3.3 million Muslims living in America. So going back to that 37% number, even if one wants to suggest the number is far to high and let's cut in half for argument's sake, down to say 17% of Muslims here, well that's 561K Sharia supporting or leaning Muslims in this country.

As we saw in Orlando, or Paris, or Belgium, or Istanbul, among other places, it only takes a handful, not even 10, to commit grave atrocities.

The idea there isn't a serious threat within this religion is 100% bogus. And btw, the numbers are even higher for Muslims across the world.

Meanwhile in the UK

edit on 29-6-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Uhhh, Sharia is human law. Muslim is the religion. Of course some folks for some reason cant make that distinction .
Peace

You know what they say, ignorance is bliss.

I dare you to have your mother, or wife, or daughter, go walk down a street in a Middle Eastern country in shorts and a halter top, then have her politely explain the difference when the mobs approach her.

She'll have about two seconds to cover up with one of those garbage bags.
edit on 29-6-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
originally posted by: Annee

Wrong .This is what the MSM pump into people to believe.

I think for myself.

I don't own a TV. I don't watch MSM.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I dare you to have your mother, or wife, or daughter, go walk down a street in a Middle Eastern country in shorts and a halter top, then have her politely explain the difference when the mobs approach her.

You do know anytime you are in another country , you have to know and obey the laws of the land , yes ? Or are there no laws where you are at ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join